Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So instead of wondering why or trying to understand. You immediately went from being okay with the world and women to disliking them?

That doesn't make sense, it sounds more like you were already slipping down that path instead. A white man who is very much aware of race issues isn't going to become racist because they're told about race issues... typically they may say no I don't know or understand/live it. You though... you seem like the type to say you know it all and how dare anyone say a thing.

It's kind of like white men who think they're under attack because someone says they have privilege... like you do... no one is attacking you... if you are scared of facts maybe idk... don't be?

I'm gay, if I say to a straight person they have a straight privilege you think then that they're under attack? You think they should turn homophobic?
    So, because someone's not a feminist the only option is to dislike women? LOL You need to recheck the way you think. People like you are the reason why he's no longer a feminist. If you think the world hates you, in your particular case, my friend, it's because of YOU personally being an unlikeable person.
    Last edited by Slant; 2020-09-03 at 10:16 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, because someone's not a feminist the only option is to dislike women?
    No, but it's the logical conclusion from their posting history.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Try thinking about masks.

Protesters are wearing them.

Stupid bikers and the stupid bands performing to them aren't
    Antifa wore masks before the pandemic.

On topic, that Obama was going to be a good president.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I used to think capitalism can be lived in with proper regulations, oh boy was I wrong. Big capital will always find ways to gain more power and get rid of those regulations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

You consider Trump to be a good president, seems you have a really bad track record on judging presidents when you vote for them.

- - - Updated - - -

So, because someone's not a feminist the only option is to dislike women? LOL You need to recheck the way you think. People like you are the reason why he's no longer a feminist. If you think the world hates you, in your particular case, my friend, it's because of YOU personally being an unlikeable person.
    No, he thinks femenism is about hating men. Its rather obvious from his post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

Obama had a pandemic response team before the pandemic. Oh shit! Did Trump defund it because they are antifa? Is that why Trump also reengaged on Obama’s criminal justice reform? I’m sure glad Trump saved us from those two Democrat hoaxes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    No, he thinks femenism is about hating men. Its rather obvious from his post.
    If you want to see Trump supporters side with feminist, look no further than their support of TERFs...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No I just use common sense. Thousands of people out protesting and rioting and no reports of Covid, but then Sturgis happens and they decide to report cases.

:thinking

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and they can’t contact trace at protests and riots?
    They don't have an abundance of cases stemming from protests because they are outside and the majority had masks on. Simple stuff. Are you proposing contact tracing is another liberal lie to make conservatives look bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They don't have an abundance of cases stemming from protests because they are outside and the majority had masks on. Simple stuff. Are you proposing contact tracing is another liberal lie to make conservatives look bad?
    It’s also outside... that was part of the Tulsa bullshit, as people were asking him to at least hold it outside. He was actually going to at least finish outside, but those darn KPop kids and their stupid dog!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If you want to see Trump supporters side with feminist, look no further than their support of TERFs...
    Not much left of TERFs that can be classified under radical feminism anymore. The majority are bog standard conservative, upper middle class white women funded by the likes of the Heritage Foundation. Hell, they're having a helluva time now that a few of their most out spoken members picked a fight with a BLM protest and the debate is whether BLM was taken over by Big Trans or if racism is a bad look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Not much left of TERFs that can be classified under radical feminism anymore. The majority are bog standard conservative, upper middle class white women funded by the likes of the Heritage Foundation. Hell, they're having a helluva time now that a few of their most out spoken members picked a fight with a BLM protest and the debate is whether BLM was taken over by Big Trans or if racism is a bad look for them.
    Read that sentence. Read it again. Think about the issues as different factions in Game of Thrones. Chuckle. Get depressed if you're living in the US, because all of that? That's either a society falling apart or many, many bored teenagers trying to find "issues" so they can pick up protesting as a hobby. Oh, you thought those people actually gave a shit? Nah man, they don't. They go home and feel like they've done a good evening's workout. Up they go to instagram to post pictures of their cute doggie... that's how it goes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Read that sentence. Read it again. Think about the issues as different factions in Game of Thrones. Chuckle. Get depressed if you're living in the US, because all of that? That's either a society falling apart or many, many bored teenagers trying to find "issues" so they can pick up protesting as a hobby. Oh, you thought those people actually gave a shit? Nah man, they don't. They go home and feel like they've done a good evening's workout. Up they go to instagram to post pictures of their cute doggie... that's how it goes.
    What are you even going on about?

you seem like the type to say you know it all and how dare anyone say a thing.
    if you are scared of facts maybe idk... don't be?
    no one is attacking you.
    Thank you for your insightful analysis. I will reflect and change my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Thank you for your insightful analysis. I will reflect and change my ways.
    Those aren't attacks on you.
    when i went to a public school i had people saying i was privileged because of where i lived and how much my family appeared to have because of expensive ass cars. It is normal to become defensive, it is not normal to disregard everything and tell the world to shut up and go in the opposite way of them because of hurt feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    All "feminist" means is "believes that women should have political and social equality, and equitable treatment by society".

If you've got a problem with that, yeah, you're a misogynist. This is a binary issue; you're a feminist, or a mysoginist.

I guess there could be a third option, but that's female supremacism, a desire for a matriarchy, and basically no one advocates that seriously. Outside of that, it's a binary with no overlap.

- - - Updated - - -

TERF views aren't rooted in feminism, to begin with. They're straight-up transphobia. The "feminism" angle is just used as a cover, because they're trying to hide behind an otherwise laudable movement.

It's pretty much the same thing as when racists claim they're "trying to protect children", and that's why schools should be segregated. It's not actually about the children, and never was. They're just hoping you'll check your brain because you don't want to be seen as being "anti-children", by opposing them, as if that makes any goddamned sense.

Because, and this should be obvious, you can't claim you're "protecting kids" while marginalizing black kids into worse schools. And you can't claim to be a "feminist" while targeting a swath of women for mistreatment and abuse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    TERF views aren't rooted in feminism, to begin with. They're straight-up transphobia. The "feminism" angle is just used as a cover, because they're trying to hide behind an otherwise laudable movement.
    I mean, the original movement was tied up in 2nd wave feminism, but that was back in the '70s and '80s. I agree that modern gender crits would be hard pressed to be defined as feminist given their ties to hard right culture warriors organizations these days.

Im getting the idea people havent even bothered reading terf stuff. Some of these comments xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Im getting the idea people havent even bothered reading terf stuff. Some of these comments xD
    That is, in fact, exactly where I got my framing from.

They explicitly try and attack a portion of women. That's their entire concept as a movement.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like TERFs appearing on Heritage panels or WoLF being funded by and working with conservatives? Amy Dyess actually brings the receipts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah, we know you are one.

Like TERFs appearing on Heritage panels or WoLF being funded by and working with conservatives? Amy Dyess actually brings the receipts.
    Isnt she the one about the powerful international network of lesbians shit??

Not sure if Im interested in reading her dellusions tbh

5+ Year Old Account
    Isnt she the one about the powerful international network of lesbians shit??

Not sure if Im interested in reading her dellusions tbh
    You didn't even read the link, huh? And nope, she was a homeless butch lesbian brought into the gender crit community and turned off of the movement by their working with HATA and Heritage and Julie Bindel's claims of political lesbianism -- i.e. that being gay is a choice.

She also provided numerous screenshots of texts with prominent terfs working with the hard right.

Congrats, you're a nutty right winger and my guess is the extent of your political activism is posting on social media.