10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    crystal chronicals remastered could be interesting. rest is pretty boring to me.
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...stered-edition

Well if you didnt buy it, you just dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...stered-edition

Well if you didnt buy it, you just dodged a bullet.
    thankfully i havent. after reading some reviews the remaster doesnt even land in my backlog.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought it and i still like it except the new intro singer. I dont know what people were expecting when its a remaster, not a remake

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I bought it and i still like it except the new intro singer. I dont know what people were expecting when its a remaster, not a remake
    I think the general complains is it's not even faithful to the original in regards to multiplayer, but people who just want it for the SP should enjoy it well enough.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The IGN review slammed the PS4 version for having bad load times and poor multiplayer. I think the biggest thing I still don't like about it and I owned the original on the Gamecube, is the combat system. It's just a dumb design when it comes to combat and isn't faithful to it's predecessors in the franchise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think the general complains is it's not even faithful to the original in regards to multiplayer, but people who just want it for the SP should enjoy it well enough.
    Sure its probably not as fun but im sure 90% of the people who played it on gc couldnt even play mp in the first place. Theres denk maymays about cc and four swords for a reaaon

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...e-602467.phtml

Super Mario 3D All-Stars is coming to Switch via one SKU, with "higher resolution versions and optimized, smoother gameplay experiences" on September 18. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is out on February 12, 2021 and will feature online co-op and local multiplayer with "more details coming later." Super Mario Bros. 35 is in the same vein as the classic "versus" Mario game, and will launch on October 1 as a "digital-only game exclusive" for Switch Online members: weirdly, it will be "playable until March 31, 2021."

Oh, and Super Mario All-Stars is out on Switch "later today," there's an AR/real-life toy version of Mario Kart coming, various events and merchandise are running through March 2021, plus a new collectible Game & Watch device is coming on November 13 for $49.99. You can check out all of the above and more in a special "Mario Direct" video below!
    Fuck Nintendo for this limited release....Anti-Consumer bullshit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one excited about the Sunshine port, because it makes a Metroid Prime port that much more likely?

Also, fuck yeah! Mario Sunshine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo has always been anti-consumer is basically every category except for providing exceptional quality (at least with their mainline games).

Super excited about 3D All Stars and I'll probably pick up 3D World + Bowser's Fury as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Am I the only one excited about the Sunshine port, because it makes a Metroid Prime port that much more likely?

Also, fuck yeah! Mario Sunshine!!
    I don't really think this impacts the likelihood of a Metroid Prime port either way considering this was clearly for the 35th anniversary. That being said, they'd be stupid not to drop the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch before 4 comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I don't really think this impacts the likelihood of a Metroid Prime port either way considering this was clearly for the 35th anniversary. That being said, they'd be stupid not to drop the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch before 4 comes out.
    I'm more talking about the line that gamecube ports are officially possible, at least from a Nintendo standpoint. IIRC this is the first GC port we have on the Switch no?

They can't trod the "the switch can't run the games!" excuse anymore, like they did with VC.

A little disapointed that Mario Galaxy 2 wasnt part of the allstars collection.

Super hyped to play sunshine once again though.

It is beyond insane that Nintendo would be this fucking stupid.

You literally can't buy the game AT ALL after March 21st. They port three of their best games to Switch and only sell them for few months after which they'll delete them from all stores.

What the actual FUCK?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

You literally can't buy the game AT ALL after March 21st. They port three of their best games to Switch and only sell them for few months after which they'll delete them from all stores.

What the actual FUCK?
    Yea lmfao, I understand if they want to make the physical version limited for collectors but what the actual fuck is the point of a limited digital release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea lmfao, I understand if they want to make the physical version limited for collectors but what the actual fuck is the point of a limited digital release.
    having people buy it NOW because they'll miss out afterwards. Fear of missing out

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    having people buy it NOW because they'll miss out afterwards. Fear of missing out
    Yea except we're halfway through the Switch's life at best, there are going to be plenty of Switch owners to sell this to that won't be able to buy it later on. It's a dumb business move and a dumb move for consumers as well, dumb all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play this old games on emulator and show nintendo a fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Maybe they’ll still offer the individual titles digitally, just not as a collection.
    Possibly, wouldn't hold my breath though as it seems they want to mimic the limit availability of the Wii All Stars release. I just don't understand the appeal of the "disney vault" strategy with digital media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Just play this old games on emulator and show nintendo a fuck you.
    I would rather play Sunshine and 64 on original hardware then on emulation where the input lag and feel of the games is completely off. If the games where truly ported to and optimized for Switch(as nintendo seems to be claiming) they will play/feel way better then emulation.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-09-03 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, I’m not a big fan of it either. It’s going to make the physical copies more valuable though.
    Yea the physical version is gonna be selling for $100+ used(maybe even $200+ new) I reckon come march. Probably a good investment for those who want the game to get this one physically.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

What the actual FUCK?
    Only for the digital edition, the physical copy will still be available. Of course, that depends on how many copies they produce.

It's actually a genius move when you think about it. It pretty much urges consumers to buy in while the games are available, meaning they are gonna make a crap load of money for low investment ports. And for resellers, Super Mario 3D All Stars in physical form will be worth a small fortune once the digital copy is discontinued
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-09-03 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Only for the digital edition, the physical copy will still be available. Of course, that depends on how many copies they produce.

It's actually a genius move when you think about it. It pretty much urges consumers to buy in while the games are available, meaning they are gonna make a crap load of money for low investment ports. And for resellers, Super Mario 3D All Stars in physical form will be worth a small fortune once the digital copy is discontinued
    Physical copies will be taken off production and likely off shelves by March 31st 2021. After that only way you can buy the game is from scalpers for several hundred bucks per piece.