Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wow team Philosophy design

today i had a talk with developer working with the wow team.and he told me alot of things about the decisions taken

1) Removal of class sets in BfA

-There was plans to make each dungoen in BfA to drop 1 unique xmog set themed after it for all classes(1 set for all classes.) But got scrapped. Like the Shrine of the storm set for priests etc
    - Since there was alot of new sets other than class sets(Warfronts etc) to develop. They made this decision to cut the number of sets
    -They wanted to shift acquisition of the sets from raiding to all game parts like dungoen, world quests, PvP etc.

2) low priority on class design :

- they dont feel like class changes is a "feature" they can promote and market. Thats why there is very few of them.

-Borrowed power like artifacts, corruptions, azerite, soulbinds etc is something they can market as "new feature" and every expansion will have them. Even patches

- Borrowed powers are easy to design, 25% of them only requires "thinking" to alter rotations. And the others are just arbitrary increases

3) Covenants and complaints:

-They do hear our complaints and are aware of ALL of them. And even though some of them are true and they agree with that. They cant change it for "other reasons"

- The primary reason is marketing and Feature : they want covenants to feel like a big feature since the cosmetic aspect of them is a pick and forgot and is not enough. Storylines u do once, xmog/mount/pet that you may not use at all.

-The power aspect was added to make sure it "stays relevant after a week of expansion launch" and live up to the hype of "big feature"

-Covenant power switching system is "ready" but will not be implemented in 9.0 to not look bad.

4) The grinding systems

- they feel like grinding systems gives players something to do so they dont feel there is nothing to do

My dad works at Activision and he says you're full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    today i had a talk with developer working with the wow team.and he told me alot of things about the decisions taken

1) Removal of class sets in BfA

-There was plans to make each dungoen in BfA to drop 1 unique xmog set themed after it for all classes(1 set for all classes.) But got scrapped. Like the Shrine of the storm set for priests etc
    - Since there was alot of new sets other than class sets(Warfronts etc) to develop. They made this decision to cut the number of sets
    -They wanted to shift acquisition of the sets from raiding to all game parts like dungoen, world quests, PvP etc.

2) low priority on class design :

- they dont feel like class changes is a "feature" they can promote and market. Thats why there is very few of them.

-Borrowed power like artifacts, corruptions, azerite, soulbinds etc is something they can market as "new feature" and every expansion will have them. Even patches

- Borrowed powers are easy to design, 25% of them only requires "thinking" to alter rotations. And the others are just arbitrary increases

3) Covenants and complaints:

-They do hear our complaints and are aware of ALL of them. And even though some of them are true and they agree with that. They cant change it for "other reasons"

- The primary reason is marketing and Feature : they want covenants to feel like a big feature since the cosmetic aspect of them is a pick and forgot and is not enough. Storylines u do once, xmog/mount/pet that you may not use at all.

-The power aspect was added to make sure it "stays relevant after a week of expansion launch" and live up to the hype of "big feature"

-Covenant power switching system is "ready" but will not be implemented in 9.0 to not look bad.

4) The grinding systems

- they feel like grinding systems gives players something to do so they dont feel there is nothing to do
    Imagine typing this out.

Not this guy...

I believe this post cause he has lots of evidence and good credentials.... o wait

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Imagine typing this out.
    Imagine typing this with a straight face. I know I can't.

I didn't realize that "Shitty Fake Leak" season had splintered into made up conversations with developers now. What a time to be alive.

You're not even trying.

Please everyone take a moment to peruse SecretAgent's track record. His sources have told him of a mobile game (twice), a warcraft 4, and confirmed that the next expansion is NOT Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I have a feeling that the OP just made ALL of this up

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I have a feeling that the OP just made ALL of this up
    No, there is already glimpses into what i said . Like the xmog set for dungoens and the shrine one...

There is no shit here its all real.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Please everyone take a moment to peruse SecretAgent's track record. His sources have told him of a mobile game (twice), a warcraft 4, and confirmed that the next expansion is NOT Shadowlands.
    Well the next expansion after Shadowlands is not Shadowlands. I would trust SecretAgent with my life.

No, there is already glimpses into what i said . Like the xmog set for dungoens and the shrine one...

There is no shit here its all real.
    What's the dev's name?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of this is low hanging fruit anyone can figure out. The rest is the section on Covenants.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Most of this is low hanging fruit anyone can figure out. The rest is the section on Covenants.
    how is the "unique set for every dungoen" a low hanging fruit?

Plus for others i got the real reasons why they dont listen sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    What's the dev's name?
    I cant say because they would fire him ...

Ah the notorious alternative to the leak threads BS rumour misinformation typer.

Can Mods just ban people like this guy please? i don't want humans to embarass me even more than they already do with this kind of stuff online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low quality bait.

That is gonna be a yikes from me, dawg

Are you sure that wasn't your mom instead?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Next expansion is Lightlands and Blizzard is removing classes since it's not a marketable feature. Everyone will have to choose one corruption and then they get a 1 button rotation to activate it. My uncle works for Blizzard so this is 100% true
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.