• Warlords of Draenor

12 15.00%
  • Legion

3 3.75%
  • Battle for Azeroth

1 1.25%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: What is your favorite Expac sound track?

Just a bit of fun to see what expansion had the best sound track in the communities eyes and well ears :P Mine is Wrath but mop was a very close second.
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2020-08-24 at 08:32 AM.

Burning Crusade hands down. It was composed by Matt Uleman, who composed D1/D2. No music in game better captured the themes and mood better than TBC

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt Lament of the Highborn is a master piece, and so, TBC could have my vote; only if there was no the "Night Song", introduced in Cataclysm. I had to vote to Cataclysm eventually.
    The third place I think goes to Anduin theme in Legion.

Hardest WoW question of them all, but my vote goes to TBC. The list of awesome soundtracks is looong. Legion is the runner up.

My favorite must be:

The part from 3.00 to 5.00 is my favorite piece of all the music in the game <3 Fuck, TBC was good. Also, that particular part is in Talador in WoD as well.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-03 at 02:56 AM.

I'd say Cataclysm. Vash'jir has got one of my favourite themes. Not to mention Skywall or Deathwing's main theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Lich King... I think MoP may be a close second. With vanilla being third...

Overall I like the more ambient style of music before Blizzard went full orchestral on their soundtracks. Except for MoP of course where this is utilized very well. Also except for the big pieces they do too like Invincible, Lament of the Highborne, and Anduins Theme of course. I love those pieces.

I just prefer the ambient style zone music because it feel more noticeable and distinct, since Cata (with the exception of MoP) all the zone soundtracks have never really stayed with me as much. Not that its bad, Blizzard soundtracks are one of their strengths, but they are just not as memorable as their ambient sounds.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-09-03 at 12:37 PM.

WoD and Cataclysm probably have my favorite soundtracks. TBC has some great pieces though.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Wotlk > Wod > Cata > Mop

That's my top 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Vanilla. Great Login-Screen song and in game it got "Song of Elune", "Elwynn Forrest", "The Shaping Of The World" and countless other iconic music.
    Cata is second with "Night Song" (I hated almost every thing in Cata but the music overall was stellar)

Most X-Pacs had music that was great but the sheer brilliance of vanilla overall was never met again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember what each expansion sounds like, I only turned on in-game sound for cutscenes and sometimes while leveling. I've spent more time listening to music from other games while playing WoW than I have spent listening to WoW's music. My BGM for raiding rotated through Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Halo, and the LoZ series when I was in the mood for video game music.

Over 99% of my time playing WoW was either without music or listening to any music other than WoW's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't remember what each expansion sounds like, I only turned on in-game sound for cutscenes and sometimes while leveling. I've spent more time listening to music from other games while playing WoW than I have spent listening to WoW's music. My BGM for raiding rotated through Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Halo, and the LoZ series when I was in the mood for video game music.

Over 99% of my time playing WoW was either without music or listening to any music other than WoW's.
    You're so cool.

Warlords of Draenor. "Times Change" is still the most epic song I've ever heard in WoW.

While I love them all, I like Cataclysm best.

second video 5'5" start best part
    Last edited by Hibiki; 2020-09-03 at 05:27 PM.

This is tough.
    Atmospheric - BC
    Thematic and hum-able - MoP
    Most diverse - WoD

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrath gets my vote here, because of Grizzly Hills. That is, to this day, still my favorite zone music. By a landslide, at that. No other zone has ever led me to want to spend more time in it, just for the background music. I still listen to it on Youtube, ten years later. Such a good composition.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, MoP, and WoD are probably my three favorites in no order.

But I will also say that no WoW OST has the same immediate nostalgia factor of the original. You hear Elwynn or the Barrens and you just get immediately taken back to 2004/2005.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Just a bit of fun to see what expansion had the best sound track in the communities eyes and well ears :P Mine is Wrath but mop was a very close second.
    Wrath and Mists would be my vote as well, followed by Legion and Cataclysm. Cata was a big fat meh of an expansion, but some of the music created for it was utterly top-notch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wrath, MoP, and WoD are probably my three favorites in no order.

But I will also say that no WoW OST has the same immediate nostalgia factor of the original. You hear Elwynn or the Barrens and you just get immediately taken back to 2004/2005.
    Elwynn's music is just classic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all started in a boat...