Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Definitely wouldn't have been my first choice either. I guess they see it as an opportunity to make something out of Draka that wasn't there before, so a major retcon for sure. Their only other alternative would have been killing off Garona before Shadowlands to have her in the role. To be honest, I don't even know why Garona is even still alive to this day, she hasn't done anything relevant since killing Llane Wrynn.
    With a character that to most people is as little defined as she is they could have probably pulled it off. But not like this.
    The way she is portrayed in this video is the way i would do a Grom Hellscream or something. A character many people already know - he has some great feats and stuff behind him. We believe he is a great warrior so him just coming in and slaughtering some nameless npc's would be ok. But for Draka we need some character building before she is even halfway interesting. Like before we actually care what happens to her
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its weird because from what i've heard people seem to find the Necrolords area really boring, at least thematicly. Who are the fan favorites that show up?

(Perhaps you could use some spoiler tags for that)
    Maldraxxus is a shit zone and their covenant hall is weakest of 4 - it's just some cave with a few props really, Bastion is a bazillion times better.

I mean, not surprising, Maldraxxus is basically a huge warzone with its own Chernobyl on top of it. It ain't pretty. While Bastion is basically Heaven.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-03 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    You're saying that like Draka is an exception in a society of ORCS.
    No, just that she is one of the very known ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No, just that she is one of the very known ones.
    Very known in what context exactly? In the context of being a mother to thrall and wife to Durotan?

We should probably have had blizzard get in contact with Uthers long lost cousin Utherina who was also a warrior of some renown. Lets act like we care about her and watch her kill some random generic bastion enemies.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Who is Drakka again? Does an Alliance player, who only takes the game as his source for lore should know about her?
    And more important: Do I have to endure more of her story in the game?
    She's Thralls mother. thats about it for her character.

Are those Felguards actually relevant or are they thinking we are stupid and reuse Felguard art to play the role of Maldraxxus soldiers?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Very known in what context exactly? In the context of being a mother to thrall and wife to Durotan?
    Yes, pretty much. You guys think I am defending the decision to have her as a main figure or something? I am just saying how it is. And to be honest, it isn't so bad.

Now, this following is me actually defending that decision. She was made a warrior, and in Shadowlands she takes it all the way. Progressing her character. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. But she is a very known mother figure as I mentioned, and she is an ORC like someone had to caps lock earlier, so she kinda has it all. Which lady would they take instead? Mankriks wife? Kill Geya'rah so they could put her in that video?

Take a look at the options of a dead warrior ORC female, who is a mother figure and who is also well known. Draka was probably the best one to choose of said options.

Whereas Bastion was amazing, this one was just 'meh'. It's just weird from a story standpoint, you have no clue what's going on, who's who, why there are random felguards standing around, and Draka is a weak character to start with.

Still super excited to check Maldraxxus out, but this video is a huge miss for me. Visually great tho, as always.

A missed oppurtunity...

Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    She's Thralls mother. thats about it for her character.
    Okay. Thats at least something. I mean, that does not make her very interesting, but still, not quite random orc anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh not interested. I’m not happy that my favorite covenant got her of all people to be the leader. I get that Blizzard is trying to promote women characters more but come on. Draka, the woman who died to two random orc thugs with Durotan in Hillsbrad foothills. Now she’s the one leading the badass army of the Shadowlands? This seemed tailor made to be Garrosh or even Grom. Not fucking Draka.

Be better Blizzard. Sheesh

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the greatest flaw with this animated short is that it was just "OK".
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Well, hopefully next weeks is more interesting. Personally, I think Drakka is really boring and I think they should have focused on a different character in Maldraxxus but I might be the minority on that opinion. Literally the only 2 things I know her for are 1) being Thralls mother, and 2) dying to some nameless assassins.

I was... disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Well, hopefully next weeks is more interesting. Personally, I think Drakka is really boring and I think they should have focused on a different character in Maldraxxus but I might be the minority on that opinion. Literally the only 2 things I know her for are 1) being Thralls mother, and 2) dying to some nameless assassins.
    Maldraxxus also got Lady Vasj. I think she is a lot cooler personally. But I guess lots of Naga in BfA could be a factor for the decision of focusing the Orc. Nvm, probably not a reason. But still, Lady Vasj is a lot more interesting.

Thinking about it for another minute, Lady Vasj is quite known as a leader, someone who has been in war already, so maybe they just took Draka as the focus since she has not shown all that yet? For her to progress her character. Anyway, it's just the comic. As Draka, Vasj is also a Baroness in Maldraxxus.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-03 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I was... disappointed.
    Same. I'm 2 for 2 now on these being entirely average... Usually a big fan of Blizzard story short stories, but I've not been a fan of these so far.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Are those Felguards actually relevant or are they thinking we are stupid and reuse Felguard art to play the role of Maldraxxus soldiers?
    I believe it's the latter. The Legion does have some interest in the Shadowlands, but if the story was about them, they would have said something. I'd say those are supposed to be the Maldraxxus mobs that have the same skeleton as Felguards, and Blizzard just thought "eh, close enough"...

So what does the after-afterlife look like for all those that die in the afterlife?

As some said, this felt pretty boring. Draka isn't the most memorable character, plus, they built the intrigue in a weak way. A couple skeleton guys on the road? A single hint of Kel'Thuzad (thought not sure what his involvement is, haven't checked the spoilers) would've made this video a lot better. At least a recognizable and still charismatic character would have given some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post

A missed oppurtunity...
    That's not his wife; her name was Olgra.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton