Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    The same reason you're trying to police me when I clearly don't care about your similarly invalid opinion.

Thankfully I have enough self control to not cry about things that I don't want to do. Also, bfa achievs aren't out of the ordinary as far as difficulty/length of grind are concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

there's an achievment to fall, and an achiev for getting killed by deathwing.
    I'll gladly take the infraction for this tbh.
    You clearly don't have enough self control to not post on stuff that don't even matter to you. Looking at your post history you're quite hypocritical. Preaching about how you have self control and how everyone else is lazy, or moved by something in game that you don't care about, while the only thing that moves you is belittling other peoples problems. Ouch man. How sad. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    The Deathwing one should've just been made into a Feat of Strength, so only people that played in Cataclysm before patch 4.3 could get it.

Also, I don't know why people who don't care about achievements are posting about giving their opinion on achievements in the first place. There are a lot of people who are completionists and who agree that the achievements are getting out of hand, and here comes some kind of Blizzard defence squad that defends the game relentlessly, even though they don't care about being a completionist or a achievement hunter themselves in the first place. You can NEVER criticise achievements I guess???

I get called out for being whiny, yet people feel the need to post their opinion on stuff they don't care about. Talk about nonsense in the first place.
    Dude, your fucking argument is essentially "I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla and anybody who disagrees ISN'T A REAL PERSON AND THEIR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!1" There's a reason people are giving you shit. This topic is ridiculous.

the limit is around the point where you don't have to do them. Its optional

3+ Year Old Account
    What a surprise. The kind of people who define themselves by their achievements don't like being pointed out that it's all worthless and are lashing out.

You probably feel very good about successfully fondling 1000 bear testicles or whatever. But nobody else cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'd say if you don't like them, don't do them? It's for completionists.
    This.

I completed the tumor achievement over the span of like 2-3 weeks with my druid, the whole thing took like 3 hours total. Was cool to get it.

Also got every other thing from your list OP, enjoyed all of them thoroughly.

I hope Blizz adds more of these in the future
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I'll gladly take the infraction for this tbh.
    You clearly don't have enough self control to not post on stuff that don't even matter to you. Looking at your post history you're quite hypocritical. Preaching about how you have self control and how everyone else is lazy, or moved by something in game that you don't care about, while the only thing that moves you is belittling other peoples problems. Ouch man. How sad. :/
    Lol, you got mad enough to watch post history?
    I hope noone throws any stones at your glass castle, bubba.

I grind what I want to grind and don't complain. If its something I don't like, I don't do it. Self control would serve you well, but, here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    No one is forcing you to do grindy achievements. The problem here is in your head, not with the game.
    basically lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This.

I completed the tumor achievement over the span of like 2-3 weeks with my druid, the whole thing took like 3 hours total. Was cool to get it.

Also got every other thing from your list OP, enjoyed all of them thoroughly.

I hope Blizz adds more of these in the future
    Basically.
    Those that seem fun I'll do, the ones that aren't, I won't.

I won't come on MMO-C and complain, though

i dread to imagine what grindy pointless bollocks they have got lined up in SL to keep the punters lined up

I only do paragon chests on my main. I've been fairly lucky with those, I think? Only missing 2 mounts and the wardens toy.
    Oh yeah, hope that SL paragon rewards won't be Legion-esque. Brrrr.
    They are, sadly.

Some achievements are meant to be time consuming. They are more of a Long Term Goal. Not every achievement should be doable in 1 day there is investment into it really and there is no sense accomplishment in it.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

then don't do them. its not like they matter
    Ok, got it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Some achievements are meant to be time consuming. They are more of a Long Term Goal. Not every achievement should be doable in 1 day there is investment into it really and there is no sense accomplishment in it.
    Honestly 400+ mounts felt more rewarding than anything else I did this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Ok, got it.
    glad you understand

Nothing matters, its a game, if you aren't having fun doing it, don't do it.

OP, been wondering the same thing...Its amazingly stupid since MOP.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Worse than the tumor one? Well of course as you needed a lot of pristines vs the tumor that can be "cheated" with a druid.
    But there are a LOT and I mean a LOT of shitty achieves in BfA (see the post in this thread). If you add them up, I'd go back and refarm pristines any day instead of these.
    Have not done it yet, since i have higher priorities nowadays in life.
    Theres alot of shitty achievs, but same reason i dont pvp is same with the achievs, i find them dumb and pointless and doesnt hurt my gameplay or gameprogress, so you know.. fuck it

some achievs are for the 1% only, its stupidly dumb achievs just beacuse, no real reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Goddamn, someone get that poor bastard a girlfriend or a dog. No one should have that much free time.
    I want phenomenal cosmic power so bad lmao
    Not gonna pvp though so, issa dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    It's not worth it. Think of what you could be doing with that time! Learning a new real-world skill, enjoying an awesome book or TV series, home improvements, or crazy idea--playing something enjoyable, rather than grinding mindlessly for the words "Azeroth's Champion" after your name which 99.9% of the player base won't care about because we've all been told we're Azeroth's champions for a bloody decade.
    Oh, I know.
    I gave up at 11/25 supplying the assassins (was getting 2 or so a night)
    At the end of the expansion I'll be missing the raid/pvp ones only. Have every other rank 4 thus far.
    Azshara/n'zoth are 100% droprates, BoTE is 100k honor and C&S is glad rating.

I.... they're achievements, FFS

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up at 11/25 supplying the assassins (was getting 2 or so a night)
    I managed to get it done in literally 2 days.

Firstly you need to understand the lockout mechanism. The lockout on looting it resets every 30 mins - on the hour and every half hour (eg 12:00, 12:30, 13:00 etc).

• get the assassin buff by joining a CTA group and playing smart (10 HKs without dying).
    • go find somewhere safe to hang out while look for a war supply chest group in the group finder
    • if the supplies are dropping on your realm, form your own group
    • profit!
    • find something else to do until the next reset (you can always log off - you'll keep the assassin buff)

A few other tips:
    • Don't travel to a non-BfA zone because you'll immediately lose the assassin buff. You can return to Zuldazar/Boralus, but don't travel to Org/SW. Also don't accidentally click the portal to Silithus like I did more than once. And don't try using dungeon/raid finder.
    • Don't get involved in the fight for the chest if it looks like you might get killed for your efforts. Most of the time, if you have a group finder group up, your faction will be stronger and you'll get the chest without contest. It's better to find a safe chest than having to go and get the assassin buff again.
    • If you get bounty (seems to happen entirely randomly) then log off and on again to remove it immediately
    • Logging off doesn't remove the assassin buff. So if you've just looted the chest you can safely log off until the next window.

Its just achivs, its not something you need to do. If its any comfort, the game is now literally filled with mounts and titles from achivs its almost lost its meaning.

Whatever you get is more or less for yourself. Target what achivs, mounts or titles you really want and go for them. Leave the rest alone and just ignore them.

Back in the day you would notice peoples titles or mounts. These days I bet most people dont even look

most of the get 1000/10000 of x achievements you just get passively by playing the game regularly, which presumably a achievement hunter already is.

e.g. in nazjatar the 1000 pearls achievement wasn't the last one i needed for the crab mount and in mechagon i had plenty of boxes to do the 1000 crafting achievement by the time i got the meta achievement mount as well.

if you are really concerned, you can multibox a bunch of them for faster progress.

edit: on the other hand, i did those 8.3 dailies longer than most people in my guild, and i only have 68 tumors done, so perhaps you are on to something with this particular achievement. but there is no meta achievement so it's not like i went into this achievement with a plan either.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-04 at 09:42 AM.

Telling someone who likes achievements to just 'not do them' if they dont like specific ones is just like me telling a raider not to bother with a Raid Boss if its overtuned or too difficult.

We like getting achievements.
    Raiders like raiding.

We don't complain if an achievement is difficult or takes too long. We complain if its 'overtuned': it requires extreme luck, an extreme amount of time, etc.

The same way a Raider would complain if a fight was overtuned. If a fight had luck based mechanics, had unfair mechanics, had a difficulty curve that didnt match the difficulty it was in or the bosses before/after it, etc.

The solution for those raiders isnt 'stop raiding'. They want to raid, they just want an enjoyable experience.
    We like achievements and we want an enjoyable experience.
    Neither are asking for things to be easier. People complain when something seems unfair about the system.