Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean to be fair if you wanna turn on war mode you are literally in the only place you can do it in. Want to kill zombies? turn on war mode. simple. don't see why people are complaining so much

Sounds good to me. I will be able to log in and do the event in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Fun police strikes again.
    Fun for you, not for those that were being forced to not have fun for your amusement. Cry me a river.

The original scourge invasion was some of the best fun I ever had playing WoW. I remember creating a new char and getting obliterated by skull level zombies that were camping the orc starting zone. I didn't have a clue what was happening. I logged over to my main and ask my guild about it when all of Orgrimmar was in chaos. It was such a blast getting stuck in to the zombies, running from them to stop getting infected, and eventually spreading it to others. It was an event the whole community was involved in, regardless of how they felt about it. I guess getting killed a few times was enough to trigger some people to stop playing and set the precedent for this. Yet more disappointment from a game that has only been disappointing recently.

I really wanted to resub just for this event. I guess that's not happening.

If you actually played the original invasion, you should remember how many people complained about it back then. The official forums were overrun with people screaming about it. This is a reasonable solution - people who want to participate can do so, the rest can opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by peepeepoopants View Post
    The original scourge invasion was some of the best fun I ever had playing WoW. I remember creating a new char and getting obliterated by skull level zombies that were camping the orc starting zone. I didn't have a clue what was happening. I logged over to my main and ask my guild about it when all of Orgrimmar was in chaos. It was such a blast getting stuck in to the zombies, running from them to stop getting infected, and eventually spreading it to others. It was an event the whole community was involved in, regardless of how they felt about it. I guess getting killed a few times was enough to trigger some people to stop playing and set the precedent for this. Yet more disappointment from a game that has only been disappointing recently.

I really wanted to resub just for this event. I guess that's not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    2020 even the NPC's turning politically correct next will be demonstrations in Icecrown about the hole in the Ozone layer

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Griefers complaining of carebears? lol... you are doing exactly what you complain about you are crying...

Quote Originally Posted by Tertullian72 View Post
    If you actually played the original invasion, you should remember how many people complained about it back then. The official forums were overrun with people screaming about it. This is a reasonable solution - people who want to participate can do so, the rest can opt out.
    Yeah, I really did play back then. I've got no reason to lie about that. And you want to know something great about the WoW forums? People bitch and moan on there every fucking day about every fucking thing that the developers do. This is just as true today as it was then. I don't care what those sad sacks think. I want one of my favourite games to be worth playing again.

Lordaeron should have just asked the scourge to not spread the plague,that'd have done it

Top kek. This is why we can't have nice things; the players prove time and time again that they cannot be trusted to not abuse anything and everything and be total shitheads. So it gets taken away.

What's the point of having such an event, with the possibility of disabling it via warmode?

That's just absurd.

It says a lot about today's playerbase. It explains a lot about the direction of the game in general between lore and gameplay. "But you can just turn on warmode hurr durr." And you can just not log in if you're afraid of getting killed for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    It says a lot about today's playerbase. It explains a lot about the direction of the game in general between lore and gameplay. "But you can just turn on warmode hurr durr." And you can just not log in if you're afraid of getting killed for a couple of days.
    How about people want level alts because leveling process is significantly shorter in prepatch? They must accept will be constantly one shotted by ghouls?
    I was thinking on not subbing back for prepatch, but now I'm sure I will resub and get alts done using warmode off.

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Uh.....because only 15 up at once??? and after a few days ....no one will be left in warmode ...lol

I legit seen this change coming a mile away.....too many cry babies.....Warmode should not of been the fix, a buff you could gain from the NPC should of been fine, making it so u could NOT attack zombies, and they cant attack you. UNLESS u attack first.
    Yeah, the cap (if that's on player ghouls) is kinda lame, but the Warmode stipulation is a good change. If no one wants to switch on WM to participate in the event then clearly it's not nearly as fun as a small handful of players seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Turn on WM. You get yoru precious event. You are just mad you can't grief and riun others fun.

I applaud Blizzard. They came to their senses and finally remembered what happend in Wrsth.

No they once again catered to the whiny people who can't just leave stuff alone with out crying about it. This is a total joke and they should just remove the damn event now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, the cap (if that's on player ghouls) is kinda lame, but the Warmode stipulation is a good change. If no one wants to switch on WM to participate in the event then clearly it's not nearly as fun as a small handful of players seem to think it is.
    Why should I have to flag for pvp to enjoy a event? The warmode stipulation is bullshit. And there will be people just ganking non-pvp players who want to experience the event. But once again blizz caters to the crybabies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tertullian72 View Post
    I played back then and it was as normal a minority of the players who always fucking whine about blizz that caused the event to be changed. Just like now a vocal minority of cry babies get the event changed. Its not a reasonable solution to now force people to be flagged pvp to enjoy a pre patch event. Its a sad fucking joke once again the babies get their way
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    Why should I have to flag for pvp to enjoy a event? The warmode stipulation is bullshit. And there will be people just ganking non-pvp players who want to experience the event. But once again blizz caters to the crybabies
    Why should you flag for PVP in order to participate in PVP? Just because it isn't Alliance vs Horde doesn't mean it's not PVP, and it seems perfectly reasonable to gate that behind the PVP option that is Warmode. And so what if opposing faction members come all the way to your capital city to take advantage of this? It's just more people for you to munch on as a ghoul. The better question is why are you so dead set on griefing people who don't want to participate in the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Fun police strikes again.
    Pretty much.

Oh thank god.

I was leveling a hunter during the wrath pre-patch and it was a nightmare lol flying into westwood and everything is dead.

Remember when people said this event would be as good as Wrath’s because they missed out on it? LMAO

Ghouls can no longer attacks players and players can no longer attack ghouls unless they turn on War Mode.

that's dumb so whats the use of the event now ? in that case most people will have WM off and will boring as frak. i remember the zombie event back then. was fun as hell. dont know why people complained. it was a short event and was fun

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thx god now i can just op out of this waste of time

wm off for whole prepatch
    WTF else is there for you to do ingame for the last month of this Shit Xpac, this event at the Wrath Prepatch clone would have made me move BFA from Last to above WOD and Legion in my rankings. That shit was amazing back then.