Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I want to get an RTX 3080. Is my B450 and Ryzen 3600x good enough?
    Yeah. Although the 3600x will probably be the bottleneck, but that doesn't mean it's incompatible or will cause any issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If AMD is being AMD again we know perfectly what RDNA2 is. It's another minor upgrade to GCN, just like RDNA is. I very much doubt they're gonna come up with something different ever since Koduri left.

Only AMD fanboys believe that a minor upgrade in GPU architecture is going to bring 40% performance uplift. My guess would be that RDNA2 is the exact same shit but with hardware raytracing support.
    FYI RDNA2 is not a minor upgrade and your guess means nothing when we already know what's in the Xbox Series X and can extrapolate from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    <snip>
    I'll probably wait and see what happens with AMDs launch. If their competition is serious enough could drive Nvidias prices down a bit.

Probably best to wait anyway and see what this holiday season brings. With the pandemic these companies may be desperate to move volume and that may make for some good deals

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    TSMC is definitely way more expensive.
    so Nvidia won on price

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so Nvidia won on price
    Doubtful. See their other products (Ryzen CPU's, Radeon 5700, etc..). They're actually profitable now, which hasn't been the case in years.

AMD can afford to undercut Nvidia.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-09-03 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 3070 for 500 bucks it's pretty much:

It really is a great price considering the power 3070 puts out.

so Nvidia won on price
    There are rumors that Nvidia got a 30% cheaper deal with Samsung, and are only paying for working dies on top of that, so profit margins should be quite good for em.
    Also plenty of room in Nvidias stack to slot in some Ti cards here and there to potentially match whatever AMD has coming, which is rumored to be competitive in the 3070-3080 market. (Navi 21/22) We'll probably see some Navi leaks soon now that Nvidia played its hand.

yeah I see a 3080 Super 20GB coming out

They really should of launched with more than 8gig and 10gig memory in the first place, on the 70/80 cards respectively, that microsoft flight sim game that just came out uses 11gig videocard memory... who knows how much will be required in new games in the next 2 or so years, with that said yea after seeing the leaks for the 3070 super with 16gig its obvious that theres gonna be 20gig 3080 super, so thats the one for me

yeah I see a 3080 Super 20GB coming out
    They may, but I doubt it as it isn't really necessary for the most part. The ram used in the 3080 and 3090 is GDDR6x, which blows away previous Vram and the Vram in the 3060 and 3070. I'd bet if they're going to go that route, it would be with a 3060 and/or a 3070, as they use the significantly slower Vram.

Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 3090 boasts a bandwidth of around 1 TB/s, up from 616 MB/s offered by the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/mi...graphics-cards

So another wrinkle to the whole Samsung vs TSMC node debate...

Samsung's yields are terrible. Like 30-40% terrible. TSMC is round 90% yield.

Availability of the 30 series cards is going to be low... probably until at least next year. AMD will not have this issue with their reference cards.

Other things to note - Nvidia does not have any TI or Super cards planned. They're going to release a 3070 16GB at some point that may have slightly more memory bandwidth and a 3080 20gb, but they will not be named TI or super.

AMD will not have this issue with their reference cards.
    we'll see about that

Other things to note - Nvidia does not have any TI or Super cards planned.
    you dont know that

Samsung's yields are terrible. Like 30-40% terrible. TSMC is round 90% yield.
    Yeah, bad yields has been Samsungs achilles' heel for a lil while now.

Other things to note - Nvidia does not have any TI or Super cards planned. They're going to release a 3070 16GB at some point that may have slightly more memory bandwidth and a 3080 20gb, but they will not be named TI or super.
    Word on the street is that Nvidia wants to keep their naming scheme simple this time around, so them not having Ti\Supers planned at this moment might be true.
    Lenovo did list some 3070 Ti\Super with 16\8gb ram, but even that shouldnt be considered a confirmation when it comes to the cards name, as Nvidia can change that if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Lenovo did list some 3070 Ti\Super with 16\8gb ram, but even that shouldnt be considered a confirmation when it comes to the cards name, as Nvidia can change that if they want.
    Lenovo likes leaking placeholder names, they were also the one who leaked non rtx turing if i recall, but they called it 1100 series. If its just a higher ram config i doubt they will add a suffix to the name.

Ive never experienced having a card with low vram for the game im playing. If games ever require more than 10gb of vram what can i expect? Stutters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I want to get an RTX 3080. Is my B450 and Ryzen 3600x good enough?
    For anything other than 1080p, you probably won't notice a difference from a better CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    For anything other than 1080p, you probably won't notice a difference from a better CPU
    Can we stop spreading this please? The issue is quite simple actually. If there's a GPU bottleneck we're gonna see all CPUs performing close, if there's a CPU bottleneck the better CPU will pull ahead. Do you people truly believe there's going to be many GPU bottlenecks with these monsters? In stuff like Cyberpunk or RDR2 - yeah sure, other than that - probably only in 4K.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    In stuff like Cyberpunk or RDR2 - yeah sure, other than that - probably only in 4K.
    these cards ARE meant for 4K and all the monstrous AAA games like RDR2 (also in 4K) ..

these cards ARE meant for 4K and all the monstrous AAA games like RDR2 (also in 4K) ..
    No. Software is being written for the hardware, not the other way around.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this has me impatiently waiting for some benchmarks. Would love to upgrade to a 3070 from my 1070. My cooler on my 1070 packed up so I am using two old cpu fans on it which is not ideal i know but at least it still works, never replaced the cooler though but mainly because I was considering an upgrade anyway, just never got around to it. I did upgrade my MB, cpu and ram last year from Intel Q6600 to the Razen 5 3600 so that should go nicely with the 3070...... I should probably get another psu, dont think a 550w will be enough now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna buy a couple of 3080.
    Will order the FE from Nvidia and a custom card from one of the retailers.
    Will use whatever is better and sell the other one.
    I'm anticipating low stock.