Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thank you for this important information, I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    They weren't because there are no trees in Maldrax
    Nathreza didn't have any trees either so I wonder where she was.

It is described as being a collection of rocks suffused with powerful magics, adrift in the Twisting Nether,[2] the astral plane between worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/TpZtCfN.png

What could this mean?
    It means what we already know... the Burning Legion has made incursions into the Shadowlands. We confirmed this with Uther's Afterlives episode. The scourge architecture is based on Maldraxxus.

How does the house of plagues get destroyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    How does the house of plagues get destroyed?
    Mistress Stradama, the margrave of the House of Plagues, used some klnd of plague-bomb as a final act when the Houses of Rituals and Constructs attacked her. This blew up the entirety of the House and left most of its people as irradiated wrecks or mutated into humanoid slimes. Stradama herself was thought destroyed, but actually served as horrifically mutated herself, and is the boss of the Plaguefall dungeon.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination were brought out into the real world by the Burning Legion. That reference means we're likely going to see how the Burning Legion did that...

if Blizz decides to see the story out and not drop it halfway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I guess by your metrics I'd fall somewhere between "Rational human being" and "Blizzard shill." This wasn't a great cinematic short, but not really because of a handful of reused scenes of no real consequence but mainly because it didn't really seem to tell a compelling story in the same manner as the previous one. I don't generally bother with hating on companies because I see no real need of it, especially not for entirely ulterior reasons. If I don't like, I don't buy - that's about the extent of my normal engagement with entertainment entities. The artwork is fine, pretty impressive and highly stylistic all told - but then because I can't really draw for shit beyond stick figures, I'm kind of impressed with any well-executed artwork or hand-drawn animation.
    I think the short would look much better if it was basically an unknown character instead of Draka. Because, when we see Draka, we expect the short to be "about Draka", but it isn't. She might have been the character shown in the short the most, but she wasn't the focus of the story. She was, basically, a secondary character to the story itself.

Man, I know Blizzard is being urged to cut costs, but this really is becoming a joke.

Honestly, it seems seems like Activision put J. Allen Brack in charge expressly to make their word law.

Blizzard's best days seem to be behind it, and it's a fucking shame, because that piece of shit Bobby Kotick is making more money than ever, while he wrings the last bit of life out of Blizzard. It's no wonder all of the OG's of Blizzard left (or were forced out).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Man, I know Blizzard is being urged to cut costs, but this really is becoming a joke.

Honestly, it seems seems like Activision put J. Allen Brack in charge expressly to make their word law.

Blizzard's best days seem to be behind it, and it's a fucking shame, because that piece of shit Bobby Kotick is making more money than ever, while he wrings the last bit of life out of Blizzard. It's no wonder all of the OG's of Blizzard left (or were forced out).
    .....Good grief this isn't even relevant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I think the short would look much better if it was basically an unknown character instead of Draka. Because, when we see Draka, we expect the short to be "about Draka", but it isn't. She might have been the character shown in the short the most, but she wasn't the focus of the story. She was, basically, a secondary character to the story itself.
    A trait Draka pretty shares with the greater Maldraxxus zone, unfortunately. I think it's fine that Draka's there, in the sense of her character and all that, but there's no story that really ties her to the zone or explores her presence there. As I said in another thread, perhaps later storylines will involve her more directly in the story - but so far both this Afterlives cinematic and the leveling quests in Maldraxxus don't do much with her. Vashj actually gets the lion's share of story between the two of them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    .....Good grief this isn't even relevant.
    Of course it is. Blizzard is reusing art-assets in their "hype videos". That's something that "the old Blizzard" would've never done. This is clearly yet another attempt to cut corners to cut costs, which has been a recurring theme that Kotaku has been reporting on the past several years.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I'm an artist I know exactly how long such pictures take and how much skill they require. But you're right. Blizzard is a small company after all, they've been struggling financially as of late.
    Same here. Sometimes I think of drawing something and just go 'yeah, I'll just trace my own picture instead' because of how long it takes to redraw certain things lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Cynical galaxy brain: Blizzard is reusing assets because Bobby Kotick is so greed and power-hungry that he pays his animators with Instagram exposure.
    Rational human being: This animation sucked ass anyway, why should we care that one shot was reused?
    Blizzard shill: All animation studios do this, this is a common practice. What a petty reason to hate on Blizzard.

I'm somewhere between cynical galaxy brain and rational human being. What about you guys?
    So dense was the mind that forged these words that light must bend around it.

The fuck do you mean?

The "cynical" position is just common sense, company saves money where it can. The middle one is subjective and I won't point out that you care enough to comment on a thread about it. While the 'shill' is position is also true fucking everyone does it.

Of course it is. Blizzard is reusing art-assets in their "hype videos". That's something that "the old Blizzard" would've never done. This is clearly yet another attempt to cut corners to cut costs, which has been a recurring theme that Kotaku has been reporting on the past several years.
    Haha, yeah! Only nuBlizzard would reuse art assets in a hype video. You never got this shit with the OGs.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you realize how much the company profits grew under Kotick? I don't like him myself but he brings some good results for the company and their shareholders.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    So dense was the mind that forged these words that light must bend around it.

The fuck do you mean?

The "cynical" position is just common sense, company saves money where it can. The middle one is subjective and I won't point out that you care enough to comment on a thread about it. While the 'shill' is position is also true fucking everyone does it.
    Each of the three takes were obvious satirical positions exaggerated by people on this forum. Perhaps you should stop taking everything you read on the internet so fucking seriously.

Yes it's a reused shot. Not sure what the big deal is. Regardless of the company's scale, this sort of thing happens all the time. "Indie" or not. Why some have chosen to dwell on it and draw conclusions from it one can only guess.

It could be a plot point that they'd have her fighting demons, though the location was very subtly changed to be more swampy so I don't think it's intended to be the same location, just asset reuse.

Nothing crazy. Next time you're leveling a character pay attention to the animation "skeleton" rigs of the NPCs and count how many are familiar. Off the top of my head, gorens and the desert lightning beetles are both furbolgs under the skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I just had a question. what happens when you die in shadowlands?
    in maldraxxus for example? if you die in fae lands you were becoming a part of the grove, greenery etc if I remember correctly. But what about the rest of the places?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

just the saurfang Cinematic probably out pace every thing blizzard has done before they aren't skimping for penny's in the cutscene department by any measure and you'd have to be an insanely stupid person to leave over cut cost after they invested a ton into those.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-09-04 at 02:13 AM.