Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If it is on the topic of story then WoD should still eke out a victory in the shittines awards. Let us not forget the infamous "Draenor is free", or the paradox of infinite Groms killing a finite Mannoroth.
    yeah there was alot of bad stuff in WoD's story but can we say it was all planned that way or just because they were rushing shit? Both WoD and BFA are basically just expansions to set up the expansion after it.

I don't think there aren't an infinite number of Grom's killing Mannoroth though. I assume the burning legion changes shit up when invading a planet multiple times.
    BFA needed to ignore everything op the Alliance had like a spaceship with a super laser in order to get the Horde on equal terms, then have both of them recruit a fuckton of people and yet also lose even more than they originally had so that both would be so weak that somehow Sylvanas could still be on equal or better terms with their combined army. It also had to make a God King so utterly incompetent that he set up random strangers his people recently attacked right next to his vault and even let em put up portals.

BFA. WoD was bad, but I made like 750k gold on mission tables without even trying. Screw the economy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    TBC actually has a case, though.
    Fucked critical lore up, assassinated the characters of Illidan, Kael'thas, Vashj, among others, small ass continent, etc. To be honest, while it's not WOD, Cata, or BFA, it's also not one of the better expansions. It should have been the focus of a couple of patches of Vanilla.
    Hey, wait up! Hell no! TBC was the best. Legion very close, maybe even shared number 1.

While story was kinda weird, the raiding. The raiding. THE Raiding scene was the best ever. Imo.

TBC/Legion

WotLK

The Rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA by far.

WoD was bad but at least the classes felt fine to play(3 charges of wings? YES PLS). Garrisons kinda fell flat but were easy gold making machines. The story was given up on for more work on Legion so RIP. All in all, yeah it was bad but I still enjoyed it.

BFA takes the piss. Beginning of the expansion? Ret felt like hot garbage and the azerite system made me nearly quit. Battle of Dazar'alor got better. Then the Rise of Azshara patch hit with the essence system on top of ranks for them and that never felt good to me.

Then the RNG hell that is 8.3 came out with corruption. Sure, now you can target ones you want but even still it's messed up when you look at your damage dealt and it looks like this for some classes:

Absolutely terrible story. So badly paced and just out there. "Hey we stopped Sargeras and he impaled the planet. We should probably heal that. OH NO WACKY SYLVANAS STARTED A WAR, BETTER FIGHT CAUSE WHY NOT. OH NO, N'ZOTH IS FINALLY HERE!" and then he just...dies in a kamehameha cinematic after so many small hints and nods about him being this super clever and cunning old god.

Oh, also the GCD thing. Still garbage. Glad Shadowlands is reverting some of it but it never should've happened in the first place. Same with the aoe target cap coming up soon. Can't wait...
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2020-09-03 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    BFA by far.

WoD was bad but at least the classes felt fine to play(3 charges of wings? YES PLS). Garrisons kinda fell flat but were easy gold making machines. The story was given up on for more work on Legion so RIP. All in all, yeah it was bad but I still enjoyed it.

BFA takes the piss. Beginning of the expansion? Ret felt like hot garbage and the azerite system made me nearly quit. Battle of Dazar'alor got better. Then the Rise of Azshara patch hit with the essence system on top of ranks for them and that never felt good to me.

Then the RNG hell that is 8.3 came out with corruption. Sure, now you can target ones you want but even still it's messed up when you look at your damage dealt and it looks like this for some classes:

Absolutely terrible story. So badly paced and just out there. "Hey we stopped Sargeras and he impaled the planet. We should probably heal that. OH NO WACKY SYLVANAS STARTED A WAR, BETTER FIGHT CAUSE WHY NOT. OH NO, N'ZOTH IS FINALLY HERE!" and then he just...dies in a kamehameha cinematic after so many small hints and nods about him being this super clever and cunning old god.

Oh, also the GCD thing. Still garbage. Glad Shadowlands is reverting some of it but it never should've happened in the first place. Same with the aoe target cap coming up soon. Can't wait...
    nothing can be worse than arthas basically being a scooby-doo villian for every zone only to come around and say "keikaku doori" before he gets 1shot from tirion

tbc was pretty bad too, you basically fucked over all of wc3's kael/vashj to just have them as bumbling minions, also "sunwell was merely a setback"
    ...only to retcon illidan 10+ years after as some sort of master plan to fight the legion. Ya, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    "If you don't agree with me you're mentally sick" Why do these sort of comments always show up?
    because BFA was that bad
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    because BFA was that bad
    And that's an opinion that's okay to have but don't insult others just for not agreeing with you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

WoD will always be the worst.

Personally that i rank them as follows

1. Legion/Wrath
    2. BC
    3. MoP
    4. Cata
    5. BFA
    6. Vanilla
    7. WoD

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hey, wait up! Hell no! TBC was the best. Legion very close, maybe even shared number 1.

While story was kinda weird, the raiding. The raiding. THE Raiding scene was the best ever. Imo.

TBC/Legion

WotLK

The Rest.
    Raiding? What raiding? Other than removing the 15 raiders who were stupider than the rest, it was still just large dungeons that could accommodate 25 people. It wasn't until WotLK that they actually became raids.

WoD was really unfortunate cause it was abandoned half way due to Titan getting cancelled.
    I still enjoy the zones, the feel and the garrison. I'd love to go back.
    It's my "feel good" expansion. Such a shame they dropped the ball on it.

Thinking about it, Cataclysm also suffered development issues.

Legion, while having lots of good lore and cosmetics was the pre-cursor for where we are now and i will never forget that. Legion was the worst thing to happen to WoW.
    Previous expansions might've been incomplete due to development troubles, but Legion had no such issues but the class revamps and AP grind were a dagger to the game's heart.

BfA, which was a modified High seas expansion was a continuation of what was wrong with Legion, now without the shinies to distract people.
    Faction war shoehorned in and wasting the huge villain Azshara and perhaps a Naga race.

Let's hope SL is better, but i can already see cut features. It is clear to me the devs wanted to make a Necromancer class but they had to cut it for time constraints and so they had a chance to have some feedback incorporated.

God, i wish we had the "when it's ready" Blizzard back.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-03 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It is clear to me the devs wanted to make a Necromancer class but they had to cut it for time constraints and so they had a chance to have some feedback incorporated.
    It's quite the opposite. Devs stated multiple times that WoW won't heve another necromancer. So I don't know how you are "sure" they wanted to the thing they said they won't ever do.

Wrath.

Everything was facerollingly, mindlessly easy outside of hard modes and the setting felt empty and bland after a while.

There was literally nothing to do.

Yes, lich king is a cool villian, and a couple of the zones have great aesthetics, but that's pretty much it.

It was a crappy expansion and insanely overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    because BFA was that bad
    Opinions like this are so fucking toxic that it really makes me want to step away from this forum. Is the need for validation that you dislike a video game so strong that you have to question the mental acuity of somebody who has the audacity to enjoy something you don't?

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA, because even in WOD the classes were fun to play

WoD by far... Sure, BFA has many problems but here at least its stuff to do. In WoD I was bored to... Only reason I was subbed was that the token was so cheap.

Raiding? What raiding? Other than removing the 15 raiders who were stupider than the rest, it was still just large dungeons that could accommodate 25 people. It wasn't until WotLK that they actually became raids.
    Wotlk was criticized for having too easy raids....

TBC was way harder from start to finish. So to me it would be:

WotLK got raiding? It was a place where you needed 5 players and fill the other 20 with leftovers from the day before. There were only a handful of hard bosses in WotLK. Its a reason why they made it easier, because too few got to raid anything in TBC. Most were stuck to SSC/TK because they were not good enough to kill Kael and Vasj to progress further. For me though, I got to see it all, and raiding have not been better yet.

Anyone who imply that you just had to fill up people with 25 bad players could not have raided it all. TBC was not Vanilla. You could critize TBC for the design, but that it was easy and WotLK was harder? Thats a new for me. Even blizzard acknowledged raiding in TBC were too difficult for most people. Why do you think we got different modes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Wrath.

Everything was facerollingly, mindlessly easy outside of hard modes and the setting felt empty and bland after a while.

There was literally nothing to do.

Yes, lich king is a cool villian, and a couple of the zones have great aesthetics, but that's pretty much it.

It was a crappy expansion and insanely overrated.
    Wouldn't say WotLK was the worst, but it is overrated, agree. WotLK was the start of the shift in design were they it more accessible and thus made stuff too easy across the board. Tier gear from vendor and stuff like that, raiding a lot easier overall and dungeons was a joke. From someone who raided in TBC WotLK was a massive disappointment.

Ulduar to me is the nostalgia saver for me. If it wasn't for that raid WotLK would be placed down on the list with the other lesser expansions.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-04 at 07:48 AM.

Fucked critical lore up, assassinated the characters of Illidan, Kael'thas, Vashj, among others, small ass continent, etc. To be honest, while it's not WOD, Cata, or BFA, it's also not one of the better expansions. It should have been the focus of a couple of patches of Vanilla.
    See guys here we have an example of a complete idiot.

Imagine people saying things like "EVERYTHING AFTER MOP WAS SH*T!!!", and then paying for the next expansion again. If I don't like something, I don't play it. Where's the point on buying a game "I DISLIKE SINCE MOP!!!!"? How sad is that?
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-04 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Imagine people saying things like "EVERYTHING AFTER MOP WAS SH*T!!!", and then paying for the next expansion again. If I don't like something, I don't play it. Where's the point on buying a game "I DISLIKE SINCE MOP!!!!". How sad is that?
    In other places, they could call it addiction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well... technically something like 1/4 or even 1/3 of BC content was originally going to feature in Vanilla. Karazhan (it was supposed to be the tie-in raid to BC) the CoT dungeons, Hellfire and even Shadowmoon Valley IIRC... But going from the more or less orthodox Tolkien-esque Vanilla to the wildly alien Outland really felt like a breath of fresh air - at least when it comes to visuals, because the Loa know how badly was lore butchered in BC.

And last but not least, the soundtrack. Matt Uelmen is awesome, I wished he was still composing at least a few tracks for WoW even today.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.