Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Post Does Draka going from Warrior to Rogue in Shadowlands open the door for multiclasses?

So in the Afterlives trailer, Draka changes her way from being a Warrior to being a Rogue.

We know Blizzard likes to copy other games, and FFXIV, WoW's biggest competetor, has a system where you can be "all" classes/jobs on your 1 main character.

With the current meta of "maining" so many characters, constantly switching specs, and the constant complaint that people want things account wide...

If your Night Elf can be all Night Elf classes, maybe people would go back to playing 1 character?

NOTE: I don't personally want this.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Never gonna happen. Wow is not built to support that kind of shit, you make a character for each class, that's how the game is built

No. 1000 times no. People need to stop taking 3 breadcrumbs and claiming they have the recipe for a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So in the Afterlives trailer, Draka changes her way from being a Warrior to being a Rogue.

We know Blizzard likes to copy other games, and FFXIV, WoW's biggest competetor, has a system where you can be "all" classes/jobs on your 1 main character.

With the current meta of "maining" so many characters, constantly switching specs, and the constant complaint that people want things account wide...

If your Night Elf can be all Night Elf classes, maybe people would go back to playing 1 character?

it would require, an ENTIRE revamp of the base game at is structure, Classes would need to be removed, Race/class combos would be non existant, not to mention all the loot would need to be rejigged from EVERY expansion.

all current features requiring Transmog would need to be revamped.

factions themselves would need a rework, on how one choose said Faction.

it requires so much work, it would be better rebuilding the game,

tbh if WOW existed and had this from the get go, it would be such a better game IMO.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Lore characters being able to be 2 classes at the same time doesn't really do anything..I mean we have Anduin a Priest who wears Plate AND wields a 2 handed sword that converts to the ability to dual wield 1 handers. and Thrall who classed changed from a Shaman to a Warrior cause lore. Oh and the Orc Druid in Draenor, the night elf pally, etc etc

They are special..I would imagine most class restrictions are more for game play than lore ..in theory a rogue COULD wield a pole-arm and a gun at the same time cause why the hell not but game play wise we cannot

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

Sounds like you are seeing things that aren't there again and then arguing against them.

Lore characters have never adhered to the stringent class corsette. The gameplay in WoW simply does not facility multi-classing, as everything is built on forced (soft) combo interactions and proccs. You would only create a utility mess by mixing classes. The only exception might be having an alternative class, but that is something Blizzard has shown no interest in (unlike FFXIV for example) and would just reduce MAUs probably, since leveling and equipping another character takes alot more than just flicking a switch and using half the gear of your other class.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lineage 2 had that and i loved it.
    Could just change between Duelist and Mystic Muse.

Good times. I vote for something like that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Same case as with Anduin(when people were saying that he became paladin because he did wear plate). Lore characters aren't having "classes" stricte.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no.

/10char

as said by blizz, lore characters are not bound by classes as we are (or something like that)
    Anduin wears plate and uses 2hand sword, still he is priest

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a joke I made in the news thread.
    A joke.
    Why are you making a serious thread about this.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

If I could take this idea and run with it, I would actually hope for a crossclassing system before a class changing system. Imagine a system like covenants but it's made up of the order halls - Swear fealty, get ability. A balance nightmare probably, but that would be the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    it would require, an ENTIRE revamp of the base game at is structure, Classes would need to be removed, Race/class combos would be non existant, not to mention all the loot would need to be rejigged from EVERY expansion.

all current features requiring Transmog would need to be revamped.

factions themselves would need a rework, on how one choose said Faction.

it requires so much work, it would be better rebuilding the game,

tbh if WOW existed and had this from the get go, it would be such a better game IMO.
    I am not particularly for or against multi-classes in WoW but mate, all the points you list are non-issues. Every problem has a solution. And every solution comes with a sacrifice. In the case of game development, the only significant sacrifice is time. And it is true, it would take a lot of time to make this system work. The question is, is it worth the time? And since it can create all kinds of new gameplay styles it can be worth the time, but the playerbase of WoW simply isn't ready for change. Majority of WoW players play WoW as a form of escapism. You cannot push them to a corner in their escape area. They will rebel. And in that sense it is not worth the sacrifice, because this sad bunch will never appreciate new things, no matter how much potentail they hold.

Me personally, I'd love to play a Holy-themed Archer class within the Warcraft Universe!

well whatever the hell rexxar is is 10x more interesting that w/e survival is.. just saying
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Please don't. FF14 has some good stuff. The one char for everything is the shittiest feature in FF14 for me. I like having different characters. But you ONLY have disadvatages if you make a second one and not playing it on you first char.

Doubt it. Anduin already basically went from a priest to a paladin and even tried a warrior for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Doubt it. Anduin already basically went from a priest to a paladin and even tried a warrior for a bit.
    It’s already been addressed. Anduin is a priest. The reason he was wielding a sword and wearing plate, which caused confusion about if he was priest or Paladin, is because he’s a hero NPC. The rules don’t apply to these characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I see people here fainting over something like covenants... Imagine multiclassing, that would be a shitstorm.

Maybe it will happen in 14.0, when Blizz will run out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yeah, I see people here fainting over something like covenants... Imagine multiclassing, that would be a shitstorm.

Maybe it will happen in 14.0, when Blizz will run out of ideas.
    I can see the PowerPoint slide now.

"Classes....... GONE!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton