Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I didn't end up sticking with my own vulpera alt, but I honestly don't mind them that much.

It's WoW, it's always been a melting pot of everything from edgy low fantasy to wacky comic relief handwaved sci-fi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I always thought Orcs were a mix of germanic barbarians and mongols, and besides they werent based around honor in the first 2 RTS games lol
    They literally had dialogue in Warcraft 2 about honor. The Orc campaign is literally about Thrall opposing Grom's use of demonic power as it will make his people slaves and lacks honor.

That and we are discussing World of Warcraft where the Orcs have become a parody of themselves now. Saurfang participates in dishonorable ambushes and then a week later attempts to challenge Sylv to an honor duel? Thrall said F it and left literally the worst person in charge of the horde and went home to farm. None of the races are anything like they were in the days of Warcraft 1/2/3. So saying a Vulpera race is a joke means you are turning a blind eye to literally every other race.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Vulpera are fine. The game never was only for you.

They do belong in WoW as does any other race, it's a fantasy universe. They're not a completely new creation (mentioned in War of the Ancients), and if anything WoW needs more animal races, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They do belong in WoW as does any other race, it's a fantasy universe. They're not a completely new creation (mentioned in War of the Ancients), and if anything WoW needs more animal races, not less.
    They feel lazy as the other guy pointed out. Tauren are based upon minotaurs and had an entire culture. Vulpera are just desert scavengers, literally.

A game with Gnomes, Faeries, Murlocs, and Gilgoblins and yet people still find a way to hate Vulpera for being a not-so-serious race. The Pandaren started out as a joke in the WC Days. Not everything is supposed to be Blood and Thunder with ominous music 25/8

Sounds like someone is a closeted furry.

Make it a Warlock, name it something demonic, not cute, transmog Tier 8, choose Demonology with a Felguard that can put an axe in most people's skulls and your Vulpera is now a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Sounds like someone is a closeted furry.
    "You hate it therefor you secretly love it" nice rhetoric.

I don't.

I've dealt with silly, annoying fucking children, playing Gnomes for the past 16 years or so...

So adding some furries, simply doesn't faze me at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/a/72DSjfX

Yes they're very serious UwU
    I wonder if we tasted like a liar to them.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

They look better than all the Elf races, so it's pretty easy.

This thread looks very familiar. Oh wait, now I remember. People didn't like Pandaren either.

This is WoW, everything Blizzard adds to WoW belongs in WoW. If you don't like it, don't play.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

double hearth too strong for alts you're trying to farm shit on.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a Pandaren Monk, I for one welcome our furries overlords.

Honestly though, who cares, it's fun and more customization. I have a vulpera, although I do not play him that much. I like their heritage armor, I like their culture, even if it is paper thin, it's a fun little race. No big deal.

In RTS it's easier to be grim and dark, but in a MMO there is just so much you can take before you get depressed or annoyed. We need light hearted races in it. Hell, we just killed a lovecraftian god that was distorting reality itself. WoW can be Grim and funny. I would argue that it is one of the main reason for it's success.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Know what I can't take seriously? People who whine about every little thing they don't like in a video game on a forum all day.

No one cares how you feel about Vulpera or any other race. Next time post it on Blogspot.
    1) I find threads like this highly valuable. I enjoy seeing what people dislike and the discussion that happens afterwards. A lot of us work in IT and have ample time on our hands to browse bullshit and fuck away lots of work time. Discussions and arguments are great free entertainment.

2) This is a fucking forum. It is designed to essentially be a blogpost with replies. Next time, stick to the News section instead, unless the search function is just too hard for you and you can't stand seeing the thread titles change and shift every 5 seconds.

@OP I agree, and I'd add pandas to the "dumb shit blizzard has made" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    This thread looks very familiar. Oh wait, now I remember. People didn't like Pandaren either.

This is WoW, everything Blizzard adds to WoW belongs in WoW. If you don't like it, don't play.
    "Hurr durr blizzard can do what ever they want to the game and shouldn't be ridiculed for any of their choices! If you don't like something, just quit!"

Nah, I'm smart enough to use my brain and remember a different time when the game was like 90% stuff I loved and 10% bullshit I had to put up with, as opposed to being 10% stuff I love and 90% bullshit they have morphed and changed it into. The only reason someone like me would even entertain wow any more is because, despite that 10%, it's pretty much the only option available to fit the bill. I decided it wasn't worth it, and wow's pop numbers seem to tell a story that most people agree blizzard sucks at their job. Maybe they should listen to people instead of being low effort devs who double down on every bad decision?
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-09-04 at 02:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    We've had pink haired high pitched voiced gnomes that serve as comic relief since day 1

Vulpera aren't bad, they are not my cup of tea either. My problem is... You know. Some "people" that might enjoy the uwus and owos too much
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    One could make the same argument for gnomes, goblins, and worgen though.

Honestly, I think it was a popularity contest.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

You don't have to take Vulpera seriously. In fact, you don't have to do anything. Because the allied race was already added, and is here to stay. And there's nothing you can do about it.

I seriously can't anymore. These little Furballs are a straight copycat of ratchet and clank. How can you even look at this race and think "yep this is what we needed in Warcraft, a race that looks like they're trying to bring the PEGI rating down to +3"

Imagine playing Warcraft 3, hearing a Shaman say "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEAD MY CALL", a warrior that command the elemental powers of nature, and now you see these furbags doing the same.

If Gnomes weren't already a joke race... they make Vulpera...
    I refuse to believe these races weren't solely created to pull in people who browse deviantart, because they clearly look like the biggest fan service ever.

And now they even xan be a death knight?
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all. Might aswell just add Furbolgs, Murlocs and Gnolms aswell.
    Replace Vulpera with pandas in this post and it’s almost like we are back in cata pre mop days