Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Yeah, bad yields has been Samsungs achilles' heel for a lil while now.

Word on the street is that Nvidia wants to keep their naming scheme simple this time around, so them not having Ti\Supers planned at this moment might be true.
    Lenovo did list some 3070 Ti\Super with 16\8gb ram, but even that shouldnt be considered a confirmation when it comes to the cards name, as Nvidia can change that if they want.
    They also listed an 1180 at one point so don't trust anything from them.

When are the new ones coming out? Is there a release date or something?

I'm not too tech-savvy but can anyone help with deciding if my system will be incompatible / severely bottleneck a potential RTX 3080?
    MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    CPU: i7-6700k 4.5 ghz

AMD performance targets leak -
    6800 - Designed to compete with the 3080.
    6900 - Designed to compete with the 3090.
    6700 - Designed to compete with the 3070.

Clocks are not finalized.

6700 will launch next year.
    6800 and 6900 will launch end of October or Early November. Bonus info - Zen 3 may get announced at the same event.

AMD is planning on undercutting Nvidia.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-09-04 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    They really should of launched with more than 8gig and 10gig memory in the first place, on the 70/80 cards respectively, that microsoft flight sim game that just came out uses 11gig videocard memory... who knows how much will be required in new games in the next 2 or so years, with that said yea after seeing the leaks for the 3070 super with 16gig its obvious that theres gonna be 20gig 3080 super, so thats the one for me
    Nvidia may think they can get around that by using the 4 over 4 transmit that comes from using GDDR6X. There is a really good article about what the implications are of that advancement HERE!https://www.anandtech.com/show/15978...idias-rtx-3090

It is possible that PAM4 allows them to mitigate that RAM physical deficiency.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    AMD doesn't wanna "match" the 3090 Chads because they're ridiculous and wasteful and actually bait, whale fodder, to trick the boys into getting the 3080 or 3080s, ti, whatever gimmick they come up with. You know it to be true!!

In all seriousness though, I can't even think of a title I play that utilizes RTX. My next game purchase is going to be Wasteland 3, then Mr. Prepper, by then Shadowlands is in and BC is right around the corner.
    Imagine buying a 3080 to play RTXified WoW lmao..

A 3060 or w/e and whatever AMD puts out sounds enticing however. I actually like cards that don't use a lot of electricity, sue me.
    I want the 3080 for Wow RTX , but also for Coldwar in Nov.
    Im running 2080 but its always fun to have the latest and greatest. I considered the 3090 but I don't think the performance jump justifies $1500 price tag. $699 for a 3080 is good for a 2x to 3x performance jump.

I wouldn't run AMD if you gave it to me for Free.
    I have been building systems for a long time, one of the first was a K2 based system.. they sucked then and they suck now. Just my opinion.

Thanks but I will still to Intel, Nvidia, Evga, Gigabyte and Corsair. They are the Chosen..
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    AMD performance targets leak -
    6800 - Designed to compete with the 3080.
    6900 - Designed to compete with the 3090.
    6700 - Designed to compete with the 3070.

AMD is planning on undercutting Nvidia.
    and Intel will get 7nm out in 2021 !

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    and Intel will get 7nm out in 2021 !
    So... AMD has completely fired the marketing team that pumped up Vega. The 5700 xt is a great value card.

Intel hired that marketing team and we've seen what's happened. Don't believe anything intel is saying.

All we have to do is wait a month or so to see if my information is accurate. I'm getting it from the same spot that had accurate literally everything correct from the Nvidia event. You too can do some research and see where I'm getting it.

The fact of the matter is all this will do is make the GPU market more competitive. AMD still needs to improve their software offerings for them to be worth it for me... I'm just excited we're going competitive for the next few years.

Oh and we'll be getting a 4000 series from Nvidia and a 7000 series from AMD within the next year and a half or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fact of the matter is AMD has been promising competition for years and has yet to deliver. The 5700XT is a somewhat decent budget option, but as soon as the Supers hit it was quickly forgotten for the vast majority of users.
    They have promised literally nothing for this launch. This is leaks, not AMD official.

There's a reason why Nvidia is releasing something with better price/perf than they have in years.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-09-04 at 06:26 PM.

So you’re saying NVidia broke the law. Fascinating.
    What does that even mean?

For what you claim to have transpired they’d need internal information from AMD. Also know as industrial espionage.
    And are we naive enough to think this doesn't happen in the tech industry?

For what you claim to have transpired they’d need internal information from AMD. Also know as industrial espionage.
    This happens all of the damn time in motorsports, take a look at F1 recently.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but it’s still illegal... which means kaelleria is accusing Nvidia of breaking the law. As I stated. All caught up now?
    All companies do this, just how well they hide it, its far more far fetched to say a company wouldn't step over the line of the law.

Nvidia literally had former AMD employees steal documents from AMD in 2013...

Corporate espionage happens all the time. If you don't think this is the case, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

Since "next-gen" GPU's will probably cost over $1,000 not really. I'm fine with my 1070ti.

No, more that it’s a weird supposition that they broke the law instead of the shrunk die and Samsung’s capacity being the reason for what we see from the 3000 series. Sure. They could have jacked the prices up and pissed off their consumers. Or they could release the cards at the price points they established recently and crush the competition. Hmmmm, I wonder what makes more sense during a pandemic. Yeah, you’re probably right though. This generation is entirely based on AMD’s inability to compete with Nvidia.
    Kk... Believe what you will. Pretty sure its more likely AMD actually has something than Nvidia jacking up their power consumption to 350 w and delivering better prices/performance than we've seen in about a decade out of the goodness of their heart.

That's totally ignoring that computer hardware sales have exploded since the pandemic started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Since "next-gen" GPU's will probably cost over $1,000 not really. I'm fine with my 1070ti.
    \

3080s will be $699.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Kk... Believe what you will. Pretty sure its more likely AMD actually has something than Nvidia jacking up their power consumption to 350 w and delivering better prices/performance than we've seen in about a decade out of the goodness of their heart.

That's totally ignoring that computer hardware sales have exploded since the pandemic started.
    The easiest way in the world to make millions is take someone else's idea and make 1 change, then remarket it as improved.
    Consumers don't care where it comes from or who is selling it, as long as it adds to their quality of life.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I want the 3080 for Wow RTX , but also for Coldwar in Nov.
    Im running 2080 but its always fun to have the latest and greatest. I considered the 3090 but I don't think the performance jump justifies $1500 price tag. $699 for a 3080 is good for a 2x to 3x performance jump.
    I'm interested in more VRAM. I think I wanna wait for the rumored 3070ti or whatever. They might try to match Big Navi at the low end since it will launch with 16gb VRAM and Nvidia knows that consumers are looking at VRAM, they better know since they're manipulating everything based on VRAM capacity.

The RTX and DLSS gains are meaningless to me and DLSS looks like poop, so much noise and artifacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    https://wccftech.com/nvidia-details-...-cards-reddit/
    Maybe keep your attitude in check next time so you wont end up looking like a fool.
    Ahh, another rando hopping on my nuts, taking everything I say super seriously, welcome to the ignore list. P.S. That doesn't apply to me since I'm still using a 1080. So no, I don't "look like a fool". Smh...
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-09-04 at 09:21 PM.

DLSS gains are meaningless to me and DLSS looks like poop, so much noise and artifacting.
    DLSS 2.0 is actually pretty decent. Though it does have a habbit of adding objects and particles that isn't there in the native picture, hence lying to you on what should be on the screen. Nevertheless.. It looks pretty.

Ahh, another rando hopping on my nuts, taking everything I say super seriously, welcome to the ignore list. P.S. That doesn't apply to me since I'm still using a 1080. So no, I don't "look like a fool". Smh...
    Ah yes, the typical "Dont take everything I say so seriously" response when someone calls you out on your gibberish.

You looking like a fool doesnt come from you having a 1080, its comes from your discussion about RTX IO and someone with a 2080 saying they'll manage just fine without it, where you then ended up replying with this:

Meanwhile we will all be enjoying our good tech, while you stew and seethe over your purchase, hehe. I can tell you are, look at how you're responding to me.
    But hey, keep leaving out the relevant parts when quoting people in order to make it fit your narrative, I guess it works inside your little bubble.

I'm interested in more VRAM. I think I wanna wait for the rumored 3070ti or whatever. They might try to match Big Navi at the low end since it will launch with 16gb VRAM and Nvidia knows that consumers are looking at VRAM, they better know since they're manipulating everything based on VRAM capacity.
    Can I ask why you want more VRAM?

7+ Year Old Account
    The RTX and DLSS gains are meaningless to me and DLSS looks like poop, so much noise and artifacting.
    Both RTX and DLSS are pretty important, not for right now but give it a few years and they'll vastly improve in terms of what they offer.

Ray tracing is going to be the go-to rendering method in a decade or so and it will save game developers a lot of time.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."