Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Vote for the god damn ancient you fools

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    man fuck that, catch me ridin a caterpillar anyday
    Yeah, as much as the rest sound interesting, especially the tome...

How could I say no to a giant fat caterpillar that can't even become a butterfly anymore

I'd love to use that Spelltome. I never cared for my "Spec flavored Flying manhole cover" for my mage class mount, so that would be much better thematically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spelltome

Simply because the other models sound like they'd reuse a skeleton from years ago and it wouldn't look as good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Same thing. You reward a customer for buying items/services. This is loyalty for SL purchasers. Token of appreciation to their paying customers.
    Except it's not, a loyalty reward is a token of appreciation for your existing investment in something whilst a sales booster orders more investment or lose out. This isn't a Token of Appreciation, it's incentive to boost Q4 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    man fuck that, catch me ridin a caterpillar anyday
    So instead of riding dirty you're riding silky? Jokes aside, my point was this is entirely business driven over giving something to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It's a free item if you are an updated customer.
    it will be added to the Mount Collection tab in Q1 2021 for every player with Shadowlands activated on their account.
    That's not free.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg, either the tree mount or the Nerubian!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Haha wouldn't the Nerubian just be a reskinned Blood Tick which we already have 2 of?

I picked the Wandering Ancient myself!
    I'm going with the Wandering Ancient as well if it ever lets me vote. I feel like its the one they could least fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Vote for the god damn ancient you fools
    This!!! Let's get something that looks distinct and fits the world! I need to fulfill my Ent-riding fantasy!

10+ Year Old Account
    So hard to choose!

Gooey Slimesaber is right out - Too many sabers in the game as it.

I guess I'll remove the Nerubian Swarmer too - The Naz'Mir ticks are already highly similar in terms of model to the original Nerubian Swamer.

Wandering Ancient sounds really damn nice - But it's likely to use the Gronn skeleton. I think I'll pass on it.

So this leaves the Soaring Spelltome and the Curious Caterpillar...

Eh.. Hrmm...

Considering that we likely won't have flying in Shadowlands for at least a full year, I guess I'll go with the Curious Caterpillar!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They don't need to pre-purchase.
    You don't need to pre-purchase to get the mount, but you do to place a vote since the poll closes a month before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Spelltome

Simply because the other models sound like they'd reuse a skeleton from years ago and it wouldn't look as good
    Oh come on man, it's a giant book!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh come on man, it's a giant book!
    I'd rather get something distinct as a mount.

I even got tired of dragons. I can't believe I'd ever get tired of frickin' dragons
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Nerubian or Ancient are the coolest ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You don't need to pre-purchase to get the mount, but you do to place a vote since the poll closes a month before release.
    Then something is wrong, for I've just witnessed one without pre-purchase, voting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Spelltome

I also vote spelltome because it's unlikely the others will fly, and that's going to be a thing at some point.

But I imagine it'll just be a book that we'll ride like the flying disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I guess I'll remove the Nerubian Swarmer too - The Naz'Mir ticks are already highly similar in terms of model to the original Nerubian Swamer.
    Nerubian Flyers is the term for those flying Nerubians, though.

Nerubian Swarmers are (according to WoW's naming conventions) more so ground-based beetle/spider hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    That's not free.
    You're not paying extra for the mount though.

It's a free addition. It isn't a collector's edition mount, it isn't something that's "pay $10 extra to the expansion and you get it!". Like the 6 month sub mounts are free, because you're paying for the 6 months itself and the mount is added as a reward. It's the same deal here, and it's not some grand evil plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    it will be added to the Mount Collection tab in Q1 2021 for every player with Shadowlands activated on their account.
    You don't need to pre-purchase to get this. It's "in Q1", which could be anywhere in up to... 31st March is it? They'll no doubt announce it again too as a reminder. Either way you'll have over two months of Shadowlands reviews to see if you want to buy it before Q1 even starts. Hardly "pre-purchase numbers" looking bad.
    You need to pre-purchase to vote

Spelltome gets my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I really hope that Blizzard attaches some concept art to this all soon.

Even if it's a napkin sketch by a half drunk Blizzard employee.
    I think I would prefer a napkin sketch by a hall drunk Blizzard employee would be interesting.