Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a mage , the choice is obvious for me.

Wandering ancient, for sure. I can already see my druid riding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1692 View Post
    I think I would prefer a napkin sketch by a hall drunk Blizzard employee would be interesting.
    Haha, kinda yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then something is wrong, for I've just witnessed one without pre-purchase, voting.
    Well, I suppose there are some technical issues right now, but I read "we want to collaborate with everyone who owns Shadowlands" as "only people who have upgraded their account to Shadowlands can participate".

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You need to pre-purchase to vote
    It won't even let me login to confirm that currently, but even assuming it's true, voting =/= getting the mount. It's a means of filtering thousands of f2p/bot accounts voting for whatever the user desires as a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I'd rather get something distinct as a mount.

I even got tired of dragons. I can't believe I'd ever get tired of frickin' dragons
    It's distinct but we don't have a single Ancient mount yet and riding a giant tree in a game inspired by LoTR just sounds long overdue. To each their own. I am sick of dragons too, though. I haven't taken advantage of any of the free mount 6 month promos because they've all looked dumb to me (mouse, pig, mechanical dragon.) A giant book I can see spellcasters looking good on. The tree, I can see any of my characters riding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're not paying extra for the mount though.

It's a free addition. It isn't a collector's edition mount, it isn't something that's "pay $10 extra to the expansion and you get it!". Like the 6 month sub mounts are free, because you're paying for the 6 months itself and the mount is added as a reward. It's the same deal here, and it's not some grand evil plan.
    I didn't say you have to pay a larger amount to get the mount and it's still not free if they need you to make a purchase or have made one to get it. I didn't say it was a grand evil plan either, I literally said it's intent is to boost sales.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    No photographs and names of mounts and description subject to change. They don’t even hide the fact that they are just out for a money grab.
    see you in shadowlands.

or at least complaining about being given shit on the forums.

or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Oh, should've known it was too good to be true. "Buy our expansion or lose out." Are they really that desperate for sales that they have to disguise a sales promotion post as a "community reward"? Next they'll reveal you need to buy a 6 month sub to qualify...
    In all fairness, if anyone was playing retail (where you can get the mount and not classic), they will be buying the expansion anyway. I'm pretty sure the amount of people who are playing Classic-Legion only content right now are slim (and soon to be Classic - BFA).

So don't really see an issue with it. Basically it's just saying "Play the expansion and get a free mount".

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I didn't say you have to pay a larger amount to get the mount and it's still not free if they need you to make a purchase or have made one to get it. I didn't say it was a grand evil plan either, I literally said it's intent is to boost sales.
    So you are saying people who playing Classic-BFA (1-50) only should get the mount? I mean really what kind of playing experience is 1-50 only during an entire expansion going to do? You can only do so much and will get bored way quicker.

Essentially anyone playing retail will eventually get the expansion at some point. It never said you had to have Shadowlands by this date. Just "Have Shadowlands and starting in Q1 2021 it will be added to collections".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nerubian Flyers is the term for those flying Nerubians, though.

Nerubian Swarmers are (according to WoW's naming conventions) more so ground-based beetle/spider hybrids.
    Sure its not identical to :
    but its close enough to be a waste. And if they do decide to make it a flyer its going to end up looking more like the blood tick/nerubian flyer. Sure they might deck it out in argent gear but at the end of the day its still going to be less impressive than the ancient or some of the other ideas.

However had it been a Nerubian spiderlord I probably would have voted for it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Gotta get more people pre-purchasing the expansion before Q3 ends, I guess.
    Yes, because you definitely need to buy in Q3 only. Nope. Can't buy any other time /s

Got to love how anytime someone does something nice it's because of some hidden motive that isn't there. Nowhere does it say it has to be bought by a certain time to redeem it.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You need to pre-purchase to vote
    So you lose out on a vote. You still get the mount if you buy it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Sure its not identical to :
    but its close enough to be a waste. And if they do decide to make it a flyer its going to end up looking more like the blood tick/nerubian flyer. Sure they might deck it out in argent gear but at the end of the day its still going to be less impressive than the ancient or some of the other ideas.

However had it been a Nerubian spiderlord I probably would have voted for it in a heartbeat.
    I don't think any of the mounts will be flyers.

And in my eyes, the ancient would just be your typical clunky/gimmick mount that you summon once and then never use again. What you posted seems like it has the potential to be a pretty cool, compact spider/beetle tank with which to charge into battle with. (and buildings without bumping into the entrance, lol)

You know, with an up to date model, higher resolution and some armor.

There are no arts/images of the mount, how the hell I am supposed to choose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's distinct but we don't have a single Ancient mount yet and riding a giant tree in a game inspired by LoTR just sounds long overdue. To each their own. I am sick of dragons too, though. I haven't taken advantage of any of the free mount 6 month promos because they've all looked dumb to me (mouse, pig, mechanical dragon.) A giant book I can see spellcasters looking good on. The tree, I can see any of my characters riding it.
    Oh, I'd like the Ancient as well. But I can see Blizzard reusing the animations they have now and that's a big turn off for me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There are no arts/images of the mount, how the hell I am supposed to choose?
    Hope somebody asks them about any concept art they may have for them (would be surprised if none exists)

Can make a much more informed vote with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yes, because you definitely need to buy in Q3 only. Nope. Can't buy any other time /s

Got to love how anytime someone does something nice it's because of some hidden motive that isn't there. Nowhere does it say it has to be bought by a certain time to redeem it.

So you lose out on a vote. You still get the mount if you buy it earlier.
    You're completely misunderstanding. Yes, we (or at least I) know that everyone who has Shadowlands as of Q1 of next year will get the mount. I'm saying that having the poll only open to preorder customers one month before release (when the mount won't be released until some undetermined time next year), is a pretty thinly veiled attempt to pad out the preorder numbers before the end of the quarter.

Yeah, it's just a vote. It's not going to convince ME to preorder just to click a button. However, I'm sure the number who will do so is greater than zero.

I chose the Soaring Spelltome. As a mage main, my reasons consist of: I'm a magic user, because the name implies flying (even if it ends up just being a ground mount that hovers, and just the fact that a magical book mount sounds way more unique than the other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't think any of the mounts will be flyers.

And in my eyes, the ancient would just be your typical clunky/gimmick mount that you summon once and then never use again. What you posted seems like it has the potential to be a pretty cool, compact spider/beetle tank with which to charge into battle with. (and buildings without bumping into the entrance, lol)

You know, with an up to date model, higher resolution and some armor.
    Soaring Spelltome sounds precisely like a flyer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Soaring Spelltome sounds precisely like a flyer...
    It'll probably be like the Crawling Carpet, relegated to hovering above the ground.

None of the others seem like flying mounts, so I don't see why the Spelltome would be the exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    In all fairness, if anyone was playing retail (where you can get the mount and not classic), they will be buying the expansion anyway. I'm pretty sure the amount of people who are playing Classic-Legion only content right now are slim (and soon to be Classic - BFA).

So don't really see an issue with it. Basically it's just saying "Play the expansion and get a free mount".
    Whilst I agree we don't have numbers on how many people hang back and don't choose to buy and upgrade to the newest expansion every time one comes out, there certainly is a significant number of people who don't buy the expansion either prior to or on release. Usually they wait until later patches come out that fix issues and makes available a broader range content to do and of course not to mention the game usually goes on deep discount at the time. Mostly my issue is they couldn't be upfront about this being a sales promotion and instead are pretending it's some sort of good will for the year despite it explicitly being tied to the next expansion's purchase.

So you are saying people who playing Classic-BFA (1-50) only should get the mount?
    You mean everyone after Shadowlands releases?

I mean really what kind of playing experience is 1-50 only during an entire expansion going to do? You can only do so much and will get bored way quicker.

Essentially anyone playing retail will eventually get the expansion at some point. It never said you had to have Shadowlands by this date. Just "Have Shadowlands and starting in Q1 2021 it will be added to collections".
    ??? Didn't we just spend a whole expansion with the 1-50 content on offer as current content? I guess there is a slight possibility that they might make it a retro-active reward but the fact they specified:
    it will be added to the Mount Collection tab in Q1 2021 for every player with Shadowlands activated on their account.
    and made no mention that it will be available after that period sounds like a pretty conclusive deadline.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity