Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New PC. What do you think?

Hello guys, I'm gonna buy a new PC, just to be able to play wow in ultra. What do you think about it? Would you change anything?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador/2647432B0

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Hello guys, I'm gonna buy a new PC, just to be able to play wow in ultra. What do you think about it? Would you change anything?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador/2647432B0

Thanks in advance.
    Don't buy RTX 2xxx series. You should buy RTX 3080 instead when it comes to stores soon if you are about to spend 800€ on GPU.

e: Also you might consider 10th generation Intel and take cheaper Z490 mobo. If you are about to play WoW on ultra 2500€ is way overkill for that task. Coming soon RTX 3070 should do the trick and i7 10700k as CPU.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-09-04 at 11:33 AM.

You tell him to buy a rtx 3000 gpu but then tell him to buy a Intel CPU that can't even PCIE 4.0 and bottleneck the gpu if you get a 3k gpu just stick to a ryzen. For 500 you can get the 3070 that should be better then a 2080 and then maybe go for a ryzen 3700x and a b550 board for cheap of a x570 if you have the money.
    Last edited by Drunkenborn; 2020-09-04 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenborn View Post
    You tell him to buy a rtx 3000 gpu but then tell him to buy a Intel CPU that can't even PCIE 4.0 and bottleneck the gpu if you get a 3k gpu just stick to a ryzen. For 500 you can get the 3070 that should be better then a 2080 and then maybe go for a ryzen 3700x and a b550 board for cheap of a x570 if you have the money.
    Bottleneck? If you watched the RTX3000 series announcement you see they did their comparisons with i9 which is PCIE 3.0 and without any issues with performance.

If PCIE 3.0 would have been problem they probably would have used PCIE 4.0 in their announcement.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-09-04 at 11:53 AM.

Yeah you should wait 2-3 weeks for new gpus. Marketing says the RTX 3000s are twice as good for cheaper. A complete waste to buy RTX 2000s right now.
    The intel CPU is expensive compared to Ryzen. You could shave easy 200e from price. Intel still works good if you prefer them of course.
    180e cooler? Why? I'd skip the cooler and just run stock coolers. If you really want one even 50e ones should be good

Yeah sorry guys, I forgot to mention about the graphic card, which is gonna be this one:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/asus-r...oc-10gb-gddr6x

So guys, in your opinion, would I be able to play wow in ultra with this computer? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Looks excellent but DO NOT BUY 20XX series GPU anymore.

Also check if the AIO you picked is too noisy. Perhaps look at some NOCTUA air cooling for the same money.

Otherwise looks beautiful. I love your tower also.

NOTE: The RGB of this tower needs Argb support by your mobo. Dunno wtf this is I just read it as a warning :P
    I don't know what it means either. What's that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Looks excellent but DO NOT BUY 20XX series GPU anymore.

Also check if the AIO you picked is too noisy. Perhaps look at some NOCTUA air cooling for the same money.

Otherwise looks beautiful. I love your tower also.

NOTE: The RGB of this tower needs Argb support by your mobo. Dunno wtf this is I just read it as a warning :P
    I've got a friend who bought it and never had a problem with it, so I don't know haha

Wait a few months. Half of your PC will be outdated by 2021 if you buy it now and you'll spend more money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Wait a few months. Half of your PC will be outdated by 2021 if you buy it now and you'll spend more money too.
    I don't think it'd be outdated to play wow in ultra. The only thing is the GPU and I'll buy the new one at the end of this month...
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-04 at 01:38 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/2JZ14FG7YKR1GTBE
    I am jealous!

Wait for NVidia 3000 series, they seem like some really good deals but wait and see.

Consider waiting for the 2021 intel CPU releases - or go for some latest i7 or i9 or AMD equivalent if you are impatient.

Personally the next PC i buy i will absolutely make sure it all supports PCIE 4.0 since that seems to be the next "requirement" for GPUs in near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, they used intel because you get more from the cpu difference than pcie 4.
    That doesn't make any sense since they tested all cards with same CPU. They could have tested both RTX 2000 and RTX 3000 series on PCIE 4.0 platform with Ryzen 3000 if PCIE 3.0 was bottlenecking, it was all about relative gain in their testing.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-09-04 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They tested everything internally. With the Intel CPU and PCIE3 they saw the most gains. The bottleneck from the ryzen cpus wasn’t overcome by the PCIE 4 benefits. Why would you think they didn’t test it on everything internally before DEMONSTRATING the best setup for the announcement?
    They tested games at 4K and at that resolution CPU isn't the bottleneck in modern games.

As basically everyone before me already said: Dont buy anything from the RTX2000 series. If Nvidia doesnt lie and the RTX3070 will be better than a 2080TI for half the price then everything from the 2000 series is pretty much overpriced waste.

Also dont buy the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 for 250 bucks. Buy a crucial or something for 100 bucks.

You might wanna consider getting a CPU with PCIe 4.0 support for the RTX3000 series though. There are no benchmarks yet but it could be a performance boost. So basically every new Ryzen CPU with a B550 or X570 Board. A Ryzen 5 3600 should be enough for your gaming needs, buy a 3700X if you wanna be "future proof" (There is no real benefit for gaming atm though).

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Also dont buy the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 for 250 bucks. Buy a crucial or something for 100 bucks.
    I wanna have the best or at least one of the best items, so please don't recommend me average stuff.

I wanna have the best or at least one of the best items, so please don't recommend me average stuff.
    That statement is kinda confusing since you went for a 2 year old CPU and a 2080 Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    That statement is kinda confusing since you went for a 2 year old CPU and a 2080 Super.
    I've already said I put the wrong one and I'm gonna buy a 3080. You can read that a couple of post above. The other stuff is top of the range.

The two years old CPU is one of the best in the market at the moment. If you believe an i9 is not top of the range, fair enough, geezer.

I've already said I put the wrong one and I'm gonna buy a 3080. You can read that a couple of post above. The other stuff is top of the range.

The two years old CPU is one of the best in the market at the moment. If you believe an i9 is not top of the range, fair enough, geezer.
    Are you actually looking for help or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Are you actually looking for help or what?
    I am. But if you recommend me something which is clearly inferior, you're not helping.

We can discuss about many other things, but a guy saying an i9 is "old" to play wow... Yeah, maybe I could buy the one that costs 900€, but it's not gonna change anything since I'm gonna use it only to play wow in ultra. The one I put is more than enough. You can argue about the brand, as the others did, but saying that it's "old" meaning it's not one of the best, it's pointless, and points out you've got no idea.
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-04 at 08:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenborn View Post
    We don't know yet if the RTX 3xxx series cards will actually be bottlenecked or not.

Wait for benchmarks from reliable sources like Gamersnexus before making such claims.

They'll test it with both PCI-E 3 and 4, I assure you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water