Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    It's almost as thought WoW was never a game that took itself as seriously as people like to say it did.
    Yeaah, I think some people are deluding themselves. They enjoy a cartoony-ass game with a PG13 rating, yet behave as if they can't abide silly, fun stuff.
    Hell, Vulpera are pretty badass characters if going by how they've survived.

bUt ThEy ArE AnThROpOmOrPHiC FoXeS, mUh FuRrYpHoBiA!!!!

Gimme a break. Male Tauren do the Peanut Butter Jelly time-dance. Worgen dance like Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga. Spacegoats qualify for "Furry fandom" since TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    WoW is their game, they can add what they want and they don't need your approval or anyone else's. This isn't a committee.

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren and goblins with jersey accents are fine, but not foxes! Foxes cross a fuckin' line, Hamster!

It's heresy, HERESY I TELL YOU! Shadowland's themes are ruined due to Vulpera just as MoP was ruined due to Pandas... Q.Q

/s, ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I seriously can't anymore. These little Furballs are a straight copycat of ratchet and clank. How can you even look at this race and think "yep this is what we needed in Warcraft, a race that looks like they're trying to bring the PEGI rating down to +3"

Imagine playing Warcraft 3, hearing a Shaman say "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEAD MY CALL", a warrior that command the elemental powers of nature, and now you see these furbags doing the same.

If Gnomes weren't already a joke race... they make Vulpera...
    I refuse to believe these races weren't solely created to pull in people who browse deviantart, because they clearly look like the biggest fan service ever.

And now they even xan be a death knight?
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all. Might aswell just add Furbolgs, Murlocs and Gnolms aswell.
    Imagine wanting a fantasy game to be restricted. I guess when dumb is dumb...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more confused about why you would draw the line at Vulpera when they keep adding more and more elf races and elf customization...

I feel like people hate them just because they're furry. I bet if they were that Wolvar race from Northrend people would be jumping up in the air clapping.

The question is: why should you take Vulpera seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Can you survive in a desert wasteland? I know I can't.

That alone makes them badass.

Also, Murloc Death Knight sounds terrifying as fuck. Imagine hearing mrrggglglglglggglllll with the Death Knight echo effect.
    Yeah the Orcs do already xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    The question is: why should you take Vulpera seriously?
    Exactly, I think Blizzard just added them to cater towards the furry market.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously can't anymore. These little Furballs are a straight copycat of ratchet and clank. How can you even look at this race and think "yep this is what we needed in Warcraft, a race that looks like they're trying to bring the PEGI rating down to +3"

Imagine playing Warcraft 3, hearing a Shaman say "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEAD MY CALL", a warrior that command the elemental powers of nature, and now you see these furbags doing the same.

I refuse to believe these races weren't solely created to pull in people who browse deviantart, because they clearly look like the biggest fan service ever.

This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all. Might aswell just add Furbolgs, Murlocs and Gnolms aswell.
    As an alliance main, let the horde keep vulpera, it's 1 more reason for them to be kill on sight :P
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Marksmanship Hunter!

Obviously got Rapid Fire on all keybindings!

Exactly, I think Blizzard just added them to cater towards the furry market.
    So what's the problem then? You know why they did it, all left to be done is to decide if you can live with it and still enjoy the game (or not). Creating this thread won't make Vulpera disappera, nor change Blizzard's approach. Yeah, they cater to people who enjoy cute furries; no, Vulpera shouldn't be taken too seriously. Any other qustions?

as a game that we play of course there is things we shouldn't take to seriously.. Murlocs, any form of Gnome, Tauren on any mount, any name chosen for a Worgan or Tauren.. Let people have fun. Its a game.

I don't any more than gnomes, but I love them all the same.

And my personal favorite next to the orc /clap smile, the vulpera "I have made a huge mistake" gunshoes animation:
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-04 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

How can you take them seriously? Have you ever had a Fox burrow into your bum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everythin has to be an edgy 12years old wet dream.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You underestimate how much my choice of alts comes down to "can I name it after something I loved as a kid?" Ratchette is proudly on the roster right next to Lightyear the lightforged paladin and his bee mount.

That bee mount reputation was one of my favorite parts of BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Gnomes are the puntable Alliance race. Now Vulpera are the Horde version.
    * happy goblin noises *

That smile still haunts my nightmares and I can't decide if I'm relieved or sad that it's not part of every spellcasting animation anymore.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

This ship sailed when an April Fool's Day joke became a race in the game. You are 8 years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This ship sailed when an April Fool's Day joke became a race in the game. You are 8 years too late.
    They finally added 2 headed ogres?! BRB Resubbing.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogre_(April_Fools)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-05 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Can you survive in a desert wasteland? I know I can't.

That alone makes them badass.

Also, Murloc Death Knight sounds terrifying as fuck. Imagine hearing mrrggglglglglggglllll with the Death Knight echo effect.
    Now there's something I'd like to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I actually don't, that's the reason why they're mostly my first kill targets in WPvP.
    Sounds like the definition of taking something seriously and being butthurt about it
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

There isn't really anything wrong with the vulpera as a race. They're rugged survivalists who have a history of enslavement - a few have even become successful pirates. If anything, people should have more of an issue with goblins who are constantly being used as gag punchlines relating to comical greed and/or Acme style devices and explosives.

Small plucky races have always had popularity in the RPG crowd. There are plenty of D&D players who have enjoyed playing as a kobold, and I don't see vulpera being much different in that regard.

The issue as I see it is that there are still people who think Warcraft is a Lord of the Rings style serious western RPG. It's not - WoW has always been a kitchen fantasy sink franchise rife with undertones of cartoonishness, and there are a *ton* of beast races in the game.

Honestly I can't not see complaints over vulpera as anything other than people getting triggered over being reminded that furries exist.
    Last edited by Echiyo; 2020-09-04 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Vulpera are just furry gnomes
    Actually, they're goblins with hypertrichosis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echiyo View Post
    Small plucky races have always had popularity in the RPG crowd. There are plenty of D&D players who have enjoyed playing as a kobold, and I don't see vulpera being much different in that regard.
    Speaking of, I'd have absolutely nothing against D&D styled kobolds as a playable race either. It might finally appease all those people who've wanted playable drakonid. (that being medium height lizardfolk. Though uhh, don't make the mistake of googling them like I did. Damn scalies.)

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Hmm, don't think you understood my point.

I signed up to play a PG13 game, I don't expect the solemn tone of Requiem For a Dream as I login. Anyone doing so, picked the wrong game. It always had silly stuff. And "stupid" is subjective, playing games is seen as inherently stupid to many regardless of themes.

If people could stand WoW before Vulpera, they're being idiots if they can't post their introduction. No loss.
    Don't worry, I understood your point, basically what anyone else defending it says, nothing new nor original, just listing different stuff (you feel like is stupid) as an argument, but that was my point - the stupid shit piles up and eventually, it's only stupid shit.

I got an infraction for "trolling", because I said it's favored by furries and people who are mentally children. An opinion I stand behind, because it's apparent not only in the game, but on the forums too - official, here, or anywhere else. Just look at the most vehement defenders of this garbage AR in this thread alone

I very much doubt anyone seriously quit the game solely because of this. Like I said though, it's one more stupid shit to the pile, and most importantly, people are free to voice their opinion - just to answer to your "if you don't like it, then you're an idiot".