Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I just had a question. what happens when you die in shadowlands?
    in maldraxxus for example? if you die in fae lands you were becoming a part of the grove, greenery etc if I remember correctly. But what about the rest of the places?
    When you (the PC) dies, you become an unhoused soul that can re-inhabit your corpse pretty much at will. As for others in the Shadowlands it seems to vary somewhat. Constructs that die become unhoused souls that wander until collected or imprisoned, and the House of Constructs has what they call an "Essence Vault" where souls are stored for use in other constructs. When an unhoused soul "dies" it essentially discorporates into raw anima and seemingly disappears, either destroyed entirely or passing into yet another form of existence we know nothing of.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Are people really so desperate to find miniscule things like this to validate their distaste for Blizzard?
    The production team probably just felt it unnecessary to redraw a scene that already existed. No higher ups involved here.

It means fel lords are incredibly similar to maldraxxian guards, so they just cut a corner and reused the same art.
    It's simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Reuse of animation is actually quite common, even big-budget studios like Disney do it regularly. Alternatively, it's possible that this scene explores the possible connection between the Shadowlands and the Legion i.e. the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne being implements given to the Lich King by the Legion. I think it's probably just a simple re-use of animation due to budgetary concerns, though.
    I think the reuse was intentional hear not just to save time, they did actualy tweek it too.

I think it's ment to highlight that Maldraxxus and specifically the house of eyes was active in spying on and guarding against possible legion invasion of the Shadowlands.

Maldraxxus is the army of the Shadowlands, and blizz keep saying they exhist to guard the Shadowlands from External threats but up till now they haven't really given any example of those threats, now we know at least one of the threats they had there eye on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It means fel lords are incredibly similar to maldraxxian guards, so they just cut a corner and reused the same art.
    It's simple as that.
    Both of them are fel lords. There is a section in the trailer where draka sneaks into a legion camp and steals plans guarded by fel lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I think the reuse was intentional hear not just to save time, they did actualy tweek it too.

I think it's ment to highlight that Maldraxxus and specifically the house of eyes was active in spying on and guarding against possible legion invasion of the Shadowlands.

Maldraxxus is the army of the Shadowlands, and blizz keep saying they exhist to guard the Shadowlands from External threats but up till now they haven't really given any example of those threats, now we know at least one of the threats they had there eye on.
    That is possible, and something I made reference to in an earlier post. There is a connection between the Shadowlands and the Legion i.e. the Helm of Domination and the Scourge, so perhaps this cinematic was exploring that just a bit - it's unfortunately difficult to say as that little snippet of the cinematic isn't really substantive of anything if it is pertinent.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Oh you take it personally when someone makes a joke at Blizzard's expense? Where was I rude? If anything the guy was rude to me, making wrong assumptions about me and patronising me. I've spent more time doing art then he did posting on these forums.
    YOu outright admitted you are ytrolling when you said use used Small. Indie. Studio> every time to get a rise out of "Blizzard fanboys" You absolutely are being rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Of course it is. Blizzard is reusing art-assets in their "hype videos". That's something that "the old Blizzard" would've never done. This is clearly yet another attempt to cut corners to cut costs, which has been a recurring theme that Kotaku has been reporting on the past several years.
    No it isn't. It is tinfoil hat nonsense when all they are doing is staying on budget, not cutting costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That is possible, and something I made reference to in an earlier post. There is a connection between the Shadowlands and the Legion i.e. the Helm of Domination and the Scourge, so perhaps this cinematic was exploring that just a bit - it's unfortunately difficult to say as that little snippet of the cinematic isn't really substantive of anything if it is pertinent.
    Yea, I think at least, only thing we can say is the house of eye's was keeping tabs on what the legion was up to, it also means I guess that at least some of the Necrolords can cross I to the mortal plane just as the kyrian can when they pick up souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    These are not reusings... these are redrawings... where they copied the same animation the characters use...

In the video they clearly just reused 85% of the art lol
    But thats not true, its very clear while these two drawings are the same they are tonally different, in fact its exactly like the the Disney video. its retraced and maybe even retoned. Adding rain instead of a clear day, adding a more darker tone instead of a lighter one, adding more light, adding a more appropriate background instead of one from the Twisting Nether. Basically they took the image and run it through photoshop to make it different, not far removed from what Disney did, except there was no Photoshop back then.

Also its been recently revealed this scene was intended. There is a lot of theroycrating going on around that even the writers are aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Also its been recently revealed this scene was intended. There is a lot of theroycrating going on around that even the writers are aware of.
    Don't ruin the fun for the edgelords here... most of them prolly use edge as brower while listening to linkin park wearing their flame-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/TpZtCfN.png

What could this mean?
    I think it means something crazy like, Legion really needs more architects, are you a architect, apply today.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

"Confirmed" why should I believe a company. "G-g-g-guys this is all on purpose, you will see, pinky promise!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    "Confirmed" why should I believe a company. "G-g-g-guys this is all on purpose, you will see, pinky promise!"
    Why follow or discuss if you just automatically assume Blizzard is lying?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Confirmed to be an offworld legion base by blizz employee on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why follow or discuss if you just automatically assume Blizzard is lying?
    There is only so many times I can give them benefit of the doubt.

Nobbel shared that Wow's Cinematic Director Supervisor agreed with a tweet about Draka stealing a map from a Legion World.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    ''Disney does it too!''

Ow yeah Disney...... another behemoth that fell to greed and SJW agendas. Comparable indeed.
    what is a ''sjw agendas''?using women and minorities or some lgbtq people in film more often?those dastardly heathens! how dare they represent more than just white cis men in films! monsters!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    There is only so many times I can give them benefit of the doubt.
    Then I suggest you stay far away from Dragonball Z, your head would explode.

"Intended" - yeah... sure.

Because it's surely their intention to re-use art in that way so we ask ourselves "are they just lazy, or is the some new story element because they changed the background colour?"

What I believe them about this is that it was intented to show a legion world/building. But they sure as hell could've done a better job showing that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-09-04 at 10:06 PM.

I don't mind it.

Even if it was a reused asset, they gave us a pretty good reason.

The Legion already managed to make off with 2 legendarys from the Maw, of course Sargeras would want to conquer the Shadowlands for his own use.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    "Intended" - yeah... sure.

Because it's surely their intention to re-use art in that way so we ask ourselves "are they just lazy, or is the some new story element because they changed the background colour?"

What I believe them about this is that it was intented to show a legion world/building. But they sure as hell could've done a better job showing that.
    Taliesin framed the absolutely hilarious absurdity of this cynical take better than I ever could.