Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The tree is way ahead in the US somehow, hopefully the EU can fix this issue.

I voted for the caterpillar mount, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. Its currently placed last in the EU poll. I hope they will do it as elimination rounds, so people have a chance to vote for their secondary favorite etc. But at the end of the day, its just another mount in World of Mountcraft. So i doubt there will be many tears shed, no matter the result.

Quote Originally Posted by azuraji View Post
    Got you some concept art for the Gooey Slimesaber!

https://imgur.com/a/B5ZLQZ8
    Is...is it walking on its tail? LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ok, I'll go over it one more time. The official Blizzard post notes that this is a collaboration with everyone who "owns Shadowlands". If that collaboration is referring to participating in the poll then that seems to imply that it's only for people who have pre-ordered SL. I noted several posts back that maybe I was experiencing some of the technical difficulties as a result of the high amount of traffic the poll was causing, but no one really confirmed whether or not you could vote even if you hadn't pre-ordered the expansion. If the poll is open to everyone regardless of having pre-ordered or being subscribed then I take it all back.
    True, but even so that wouldn't be to increase pre-orders. Even if it was only voteable if you had Shadowlands, who would buy the game, just to have a chance to vote and -maybe- get the mount they want in the game?

Wait so we’re voting only on the descriptions they gave?

Guess the nerubian or ancient or even the slime cat. Weren’t the nerubain somewhat intelligent and now they’re mounts ouch. Maybe it’s just the mindless ones aka the undead crypt fiends.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Went with spelltome. Though I'd kill for a mecha bear, maybe with jets for flying. Oh well. I can dream.
    How about a robot man-bear-pig that flies on jets?

Also, I'd probably like the Spelltome for a mount a bit more if it were a blood sacrifice dark magic grimoire
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The tree is way ahead in the US somehow, hopefully the EU can fix this issue.
    It's on top in EU too, 34%. Slimesaber on second spot at 21%.

Actual results: Horde gets whatever wins the vote, Alliance gets a horse.

Daily reminder there are drooling biological catastrophes that voted for something other than the Tree or Nerubian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I really find it hard to believe anybody who sees the absolute shitshow that this community represents and thinks, "yeah, let's just let them figure out what's best for the game." You'd end up with subfactions of players actively campaigning against one another and it'd amplify the already-pretty-shitty "casual vs hardcore" debate up yet another level. It'd probably lead to the removal of things like M+ and Mythic raiding, as well...two things that I think WoW does better than anything else out there. So if you want to see WoW turn into a LFR-hero friendly system of lobbies designed to appeal to the lowest of the lowest common denominator, have at it. I can't see many positives myself.
    If subfactions of the community truly have enough majority to actually decide anything, then so be it. Though I strongly believe this wouldn't be the case and it would rather debunk some people's perceived knowledge of what the playerbase wants and doesn't want. I think if polls were actually visible in game and encouraged to every player actually playing the game, we would see results vastly different from what influencers are peddling on various social platforms.

Also, voting on new stuff and removing old content or established systems is a different thing. People voting on new updates doesn't mean that random well established systems will be wiped out of the game, that should never be the case. There are obviously some limits to be established by Blizzard to make it work, but again, OSRS made it work with much much smaller parent company.

Unfortunately, this is all just wishful thinking because I don't think Blizzard will go in that direction. The only reason this is happening in OSRS is because RS3 was a complete fucking disaster (no, it's not the same as retail vs. classic in wow, it was much much worse - rs3 is unequivocally a trash iteration of rs with barely anything positive in it if anything at all). For this to happen to WoW, Blizzard would have to mess up the game completely, and that's unlikely to happen with how much they are trying to appease everyone right now with the game systems.

PS. This mount poll is a great example of how this kind of thing verifies what people think. Judging by this forum for example, you could assume that the Nerubian mount is the community choice. In actuality though, it's the second last by a far margin.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-09-05 at 01:09 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think theyll end up making them all, maybe one will be free but the others will be in game somehow
    remember the american choppers thing? it was a shitshow cuz obv horde is gonna win when their is much more horde then alliance, although this one is less intrinsicly biased

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Daily reminder there are drooling biological catastrophes that voted for something other than the Tree or Nerubian
    I hope the tree comes with a free ice pack for how many times you'll hit your head against everything. I already have gronnlings if I want to be inconvenienced while using a mount.

Weird to ask players to vote purely on descriptions, but hey, more power to 'em.

I feel like a heavily-armored Nerubian would be kind of cool (provided it had the really prominent Egyptian themes, like purple and blue-and-gold accents), although the "spell-tome" thing *could* be cool. It would be all down to implementation. I could see it being pretty dope if it was constantly scattering pages that would poof out of existence, or maybe even rarely have some sort of elemental "pop".

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Went with spelltome. Though I'd kill for a mecha bear, maybe with jets for flying. Oh well. I can dream.
    My guess is they will all be made, just the one that wins will be a freebie. The others will be store mounts.

Dont care just one more mount that any peasant will have for doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised people are voting so high for the saber, we have enough of those as is.

Hopefully the Ancient wins. Couldn't vote because I don't have an active sub even though I've already bought the Shadowlands expac and I'm waiting for pre-patch to hit before resubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Hopefully the Ancient wins. Couldn't vote because I don't have an active sub even though I've already bought the Shadowlands expac and I'm waiting for pre-patch to hit before resubbing.
    THANK YOU. couldn't figure out why I couldn't vote. Not subbed, but did preorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    so there's no actual concept work for any of the mounts?

you mofos better be voting for Nerubian boi