Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    No once forces you to be a slave to min maxing

I main a warr currently, there are classes that do more dps than warr in 8.3 - should I reroll?
    But how can you compared rerolling a class to something which is basically a row of talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The idea that only the 1% care about power is a myth.
    and nobody actualy said that... people said only 1% of people play on the level where it would have ACTUAL impact, not that only 1% care...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

Agree people do. What is your point?
    People are in such a hurry to screw each other out of options they will end up screwing themselves

I agree. It makes no sense to argue about someone elses opinion.

But I think what the guys meant, was to say that the "meaningful choice" loses all its value if Blizzard changes the baseline after the choice has been made.
    Not if you picked the covenant for another reason other than min max... If you picked it for mogs, lore, theme, rp etc etc. Then the value remains. And many who pick then for rp reasons are actually for the lock and how it enhances it.

It's all just a clash between min maxers who want to be able to be best at all times and people who wants to have a sense of identity.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-09-05 at 10:31 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and nobody actualy said that... people said only 1% of people play on the level where it would have ACTUAL impact, not that only 1% care...
    But this is not true. Covenants will have a huge impact on your gameplay. It matters in all content. Not only mythic raiding and +25 keys. Most casual players like having good abilities even if they are doing LFR. It's about what is fun and what feels good. Having to pick an ability which is bad in dungeons will feel bad for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People are in such a hurry to screw each other out of options they will end up screwing themselves
    I mean... Yeah. Most people, pro lock or not, tries to deny the other side the experience they value.

I’d say it’s going to be a pretty common thing to nerf the covenants. It might take a while because I would predict they will have to be adjusted based on the class/spec individually and not as a whole. For instance, they can’t just buff or nerf something by 5-20% overall because it might affect 1 spec way more than another.
    As it is, if enough specs pick 1 while avoiding others and there is enough discrepancy then of course there will be nerfs happening.

Not if you picked the covenant for another reason other than min max... If you picked it for mogs, lore, theme, ro etc etc. Then the value remains. And many who pick then for rp reasons are actually for the lock and how it enhances it.
    But having bad abilities will still feel bad in the end. And it will for most players. Nobody enjoys having weak abilities. And I'm will bet that a lot of people will complain once they realize this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    My 'meaningful choice' is more down to what feels better to slot into my rotation for the most part.

That said, Ardenweald's speed buff feels mandatory for my ret paladin, So despite them being the faction I care least for they're the ones I'll be going with. As annoying as season blessings are to use...

You base that on your own assumption. I would argue the ones that have been vocal about keeping the lock often talks about rpg choice. They don't care about min max portion, but still care about the lock. So I don't see where you get that argument except from your own fiction.
    If your argument is based on assuming another's position its not a strong argument.
    And that RPG choice makes no sense either from a story perspective. That's the whole point. It makes no sense from a lore perspective and it makes no sense from a gameplay perspective.

It's not done in a good way. I don't see how anyone would like it the way they are doing it. You either dislike it or you're indifferent towards it. People who are defending this either haven't played it themselves yet or they are just happy to see others be miserable in a toxic "haha, fuck those guys" way.

Changing classes is a much more extensive action and a greater choice.

With covenants we are primarily talking about one ability that changes based on your choice. It's not the great choice that Blizzard make it out to be. But it will impact your performance significantly. And most people care about this. It's not just about the cutting edge players. Most people would be mad if they were locked to one major essence in BFA.
    Covenants are EXACTLY like picking your main spec and investing hours for artifact weapon/legendary in early Legion. Did you heard uproar outside cutting edge circle when Blizzard buffed some rogue or mage spec and "forced" people to grind different weapon?

Only exception is that going back for covenant B to A will be harder than going back from artifact B to A (and we don't even know yet how hard/time consuming it will be). But that's irrelevant in this "they nerfed my spec/covenant just before raid" scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Covenants are EXACTLY like picking your main spec and investing hours for artifact weapon/legendary in early Legion. Did you heard uproar outside cutting edge circle when Blizzard buffed some rogue or mage spec and "forced" people to grind different weapon?

Only exception is that going back for covenant B to A will be harder than going back from artifact B to A (and we don't even know yet how hard/time consuming it will be). But that's irrelevant in this "they nerfed my spec/covenant just before raid" scenario.
    Yeah you did hear up roar. People complained about the AP grind switching specs all through Legion until the later patches where the AP % modifier was crazy high

But this is not true. Covenants will have a huge impact on your gameplay. It matters in all content. Not only mythic raiding and +25 keys. Most casual players like having good abilities even if they are doing LFR. It's about what is fun and what feels good. Having to pick an ability which is bad in dungeons will feel bad for most players.
    but you dont have to pick ability that is bad in dungeons, you can pick one that is good in dungeons, its completely up to you by what criterium you will choose...

and the impact you mention is "only" how it will feel, sure that is important, but for some people the locked choice is more important bcs that makes them "feel" better... so why should feelings of one group matter more than feelings of others?

thats the thing people with "you can pretend its locked" seem not to understand, performance impact will be important only for the absolute peak of players, everyone else is just arguing what "feels" better, and somehow, people who care more about performance think THEIR feelings are more important... they are not

But having bad abilities will still feel bad in the end. And it will for most players. Nobody enjoys having weak abilities. And I'm will bet that a lot of people will complain once they realize this.
    Maybe. It all depends on how bad, bad is. For some they cry that their class got gutted to deletion because of a 2% nerf. It's all very subjective when it comes to what bad is.

Then we also have blind spots. When someone is used to an ability that is OP any change that makes it in line with the rest of the game, they cry once again how it's useless or how it feels bad.

Some only care about how the ability feels to use.

But all of these goes hand in hand. The better an ability feels to use from gameplay perspective the less people care about the nerf. It takes a bigger nerf to cross the line so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah you did hear up roar. People complained about the AP grind switching specs all through Legion until the later patches where the AP % modifier was crazy high
    I'm talking about community outside cutting edge/min-maxing circle, but of course it's just me & my friends experience. (And naturally I agree it's real problem for these guys, both Legion and SL launch).

Yes It will still be a meaningful choice becasue meaningful choice is just a choice with big, long term conseqences. How powerful the ability is doesn't change the fact that there are conseqences of making the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    And that RPG choice makes no sense either from a story perspective. That's the whole point. It makes no sense from a lore perspective and it makes no sense from a gameplay perspective.

It's not done in a good way. I don't see how anyone would like it the way they are doing it. You either dislike it or you're indifferent towards it. People who are defending this either haven't played it themselves yet or they are just happy to see others be miserable in a toxic "haha, fuck those guys" way.
    I can do like you and say you like or dislike something because of X reasons and claim it's the truth regardless of what you say.
    I see no value in this. You do you.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I still think the overwhelming majority care about having optimal conditions.
    Ha ha ha... nope

There is maybe 10% of the WoW playerbase total who really care about it and I might be optimistic here, the rest are just whatever... I mean, how many people you think even clear mythic raids and push actual decent keys? Those are single digit %, the rest are mostly in whatever mode.

What % of playerbase posts in this forum or goes to class discords, let alone actually does so more than some offhand question once in a blue moon, you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If - like overwhelming majority - play up to Heroic Raid/M+15/PVP below high rating, just pick abilities/fantasy/transmog package that you like the most.

If you're min-maxers or play cutting edge difficulty, you will switch covenant after nerf and regrind Renown, like you grind every expansion.
    I used to play what you say and I (and plenty of others playing with me) cared about our performance very much. Just because I am not doing progression Mythic raids or pushing for gladiator or no-lifing the game it doesn't mean that I will intentionally handicap myself or that I am completely oblivious to what works or not for my character and type of content that I am doing. Or that I do not care about any of it.

In other words, stop parroting the lie that only the 1% cares about their character's optimisation. It is a disingenuous comment that has nothing to do with reality, as pointed out by plenty of others like myself even on this forums here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking of playing Fury. I -want- to pick Necrolords for the aesthetics but every video I see goes on about how good Venthyr is for Fury so I could be screwed regardless lmao.

Either pick the sub-par choice or pick the choice thats probably going to get nerfed.