Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    Really? Im not the one bitching about the event and how i cant handle it.
    Dude, yes you are. You're bitching about having to turn on Warmode because you apparently can't handle the possibility of maybe getting ganked by the opposite faction when the whole point of the event is mayhem in capitol cities. This event entails (in part) attacking other players. That's PVP so turn on PVP to enjoy it or quit crying like a child about it.

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    Yes I did. And while things were a little difficult its a fucking invasion...guess youre the one talking out your ass
    I mean, if "Invasion" means "literally not being able to play the game", then the best prepatch event for you would be to shut down the servers for 1 month and publish a book containing the story.

"little difficult", cmon. 200 ghouls killing ever respawning guards with 3 hits and blocking the prepatch quest by killing players through lagging them to death (and 5 hits) is nothing that should be in a game. It's somewhat telling that Blizz has to do a stress test for this event.
    Was it fun to infect every humanoid in sight? Sure. Was it fun to only be able to do this for 1 week/month? No. It got boring after mere minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Why are you so aggressive and personal man we are just discussing no need to attack others. It’s not “my” event it’s also your event and everyone else’s event. It’s entirely skippable too, it doesn’t take place in BfA so all your arguments are void.

This is not about the ON/OFF toggle this was granted to players so good for them. Who am I to judge if someone wants to hug ghouls instead of killing them.

The rest of the event though should have stayed the same for those who want the authentic experience and not the watered down emotionally neutral, politically correct one.

Soon we will have blizzard tagging its games “Guaranteed to not hurt anyone’s feelings”.

P.S. You keep saying “the majority wants” “you are the minority” etc. Minorities should also be listened to and respected. They shouldn’t be belittled into “griefers” by the so called “majority”.
    lol? Are you really this delusional?
    You're both making it about the on/off AND you're judging me...

This is you...
    Blizzard will always say whatever fits their financial expectations. You are blowing the event out of proportion, the disruption is very minor. At the end of the day, be disrupted once in your life its ok. You will survive like we all do.
    How is that not personal saying I should be disrupted, just once in my life and its ok and I will survive? Who are you to decide that? In a video game I pay for?
    If you're not judging me, then why does it matter I have the choice not to participate in the event? You have the option to participate. We literally both get our ways.
    Why do you feel the need to force me to participate, just to satisfy YOU?

If they had removed the event, you would have a point, but they haven't, so you have none...
    Again, you are being respected and listened to as the minority by not having the whole event removed and instead offered the option to participate.
    You just don't like it because, shocker, you cant grief people. That is the only reason you're being upset.
    If not, why should you belittle me for not wanting to participate. Shit goes both ways...

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that tag would be very good, because again, shocker, I dont pay and play videos games to have my feelings hurt. Quite the opposite actually. And I'm very happy blizzard see's it the same way and agrees with me and not you.

I think you have to ask yourself this question mate. I am not the one calling people “griefers” for asking a replay of a successful event.

You are the only one judging here and you don’t stop at that but you call anyone who disagrees “griefer”, “minority”, “delusional” and pretend to be the victim.

No one wants to grief you. No one. If you had played the event you would understand there is absolutely no griefing. You just come here to pick a fight. Well I won’t satisfy you. I just wonder how come you are so salty in the forum and so mellow and sensitive in game. But we know why don’t we. Take care buddy enjoy the wait.
    Yes, clearly delusional.

Just to add something that the original post failed to address: Source again same guy from reddit:

“Players can only attack ghouls only if they are flagged. \*The reason why that's a bad move is because this is a required quest for the pre-patch to kill 12 ghouls.\*”

So while we argue here blizzard plays it both ways:
    1. You can switch off
    2. You must switch on to do the event.

So what are we to think of blizzard when this is clearly forced pvp now. I mean they literally don’t allow participation to the event without pvp. I rest my case. The irony though...
    I'm really struggling to see your issue with Blizzard's solution. They've made event available to those who will enjoy it, they've give those that don't option to opt out and, based on the information in your post, they've even offered an incentive for those who would normally avoid it to get involved.

What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, the cap (if that's on player ghouls) is kinda lame, but the Warmode stipulation is a good change. If no one wants to switch on WM to participate in the event then clearly it's not nearly as fun as a small handful of players seem to think it is.
    Thats not the problem, the problem is people will do it day one, and never do it again, making it less fun for people who want to do it later,. or cant be on week 1 of pre patch.

Congratulations to everyone who whined and moaned over not being able to do the same boring shit they did the entire expansion for like... 2 weeks. Congratulations to Blizzard as well for making sure this event will be entirely boring now because it can be ignored - and will be ignored - by 99% of the playerbase. Im increasingly convinced everyone there is just showing up shitfaced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm really struggling to see your issue with Blizzard's solution. They've made event available to those who will enjoy it, they've give those that don't option to opt out and, based on the information in your post, they've even offered an incentive for those who would normally avoid it to get involved.

What more do you want?
    The event will just be boring now tho. The event is not enjoyable this way, because it won't be played the way it was before WotLK. All they did was jerk of pathetic whiners. And yes, everyone who thinks this solution is in anyway benefiting anyone but the people who shat themselves over the prospect of not camping in the Auction House for a day: Feel free to be offended - I said it specifically for you.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    The event will just be boring now tho. The event is not enjoyable this way, because it won't be played the way it was before WotLK. All they did was jerk of pathetic whiners. And yes, everyone who thinks this solution is in anyway benefiting anyone but the people who shat themselves over the prospect of not camping in the Auction House for a day: Feel free to be offended - I said it specifically for you.
    Why will it be boring? You will be able to play with like minded players who enjoy the event without fear of interruption.

But what about those players who find not being able to accept or turn a quest because the quest giver is now a zombie boring? Or those who find the idea of being turned in a zombie for the twentieth time whilst they try to check the bank boring? Why do you think that they should have to suffer an event they find boring?

The fact is if you want to enjoy the event you can and if you want to avoid it can, also, do so.

It appears that your complaints are because it is not the actual event that you enjoy but the disruption and annoyance it allows to cause to those who do not. Unfortunately, for you, allowing a minority of customers to annoy and grief their fellow customers is not a sustainable business model hence the changes made since the event was announced.

Why would I be a offended by your post? On the contrary I rather enjoyed the irony of you complaining that by taking away your ability to ruin the game play of others Blizzard had now ruined your own game play.

Hopefully you did read that in order to participate in this grand Pre-launch event you have to get your feet wet by flagging for pvp. No pvp = no participation = no rewards.

Btw the repetitive use of the words “minority” and “grief” and “delusional” is boring. Don’t you have an original argument?

I stand by Blizzard 100% on this one, the event is there for all and it’s a chaotic/pvp/invasion event. If you don’t want to participate it’s fine but you will NOT participate selectively.

They literally tell people that if they don’t want to participate they can either log out for the duration or isolate themselves without experiencing the event and without any reward. I guess it fits their business model.
    I did and as I stated in my reply to your earlier post Blizzard have offered an incentive, for those to would not enjoy the event and who would normally avoid it, to participate which should, in theory, please those do enjoy it but for some reason this still seems to illicit complaints from posters such as yourself. Why is that, I wonder?

It is quite clear from the complaints in this thread that a small number of players are upset that people who dislike the event are now able to opt out and as a result they will no longer to able ruin the game play of those who choose to opt out. I think it is quite fair to state that these players are a minority of the player base and that their motivation is, despite claims to contrary, to upset or grief others. Whether you think this is an original argument or not doesn't come in to it.

You cannot force players to participate in an event they don't like - they will end up taking their money elsewhere - and to suggest that Blizzard attempt to do so is quite simply preposterous.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-09-05 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    How is the event ruined? Turn on warmode and it'll act just like it should.
    Kinda, the Changes made in Addition, are basically killing the Event.
    At most 15 Ghouls , with each on a timer of 60 seconds. I dont know if they Buffed the Ghouls . But back in the old Events you needed a Ton of Ghouls to actually cause any inconveniance.

And with the need to "Opt in" to the Event, even neutral people like me wont participate at all.

In my Opinion a Better way would´ve been to give a 2Hour debuff after beeing a ghul that protects you from it.

- - - Updated - - -

... they've even offered an incentive for those who would normally avoid it to get involved.
    And which might that be? I´ve not seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    And which might that be? I´ve not seen that.
    Ask Motorman, he posted about it a few posts up and I'm only going on what he said.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-09-05 at 01:27 PM.

I’m 100% with you I don’t like forced anything even if there are so many examples of things that are forced on us in wow in order to play how we actually want to play, but that’s another thread subject.

It would seem that they will actually force people because the event needs people. That’s why they put the rule “flag for pvp in order to finish quest”.

They could have made banks and AH sanctums in the capitals and let the events roll.

They could have reskinned the Legion event and have everyone level alts etc and be happy.

They chose this event and now choosing to play it blanket flags you as a “griefer”.

Either way, it is what it is.
    What is the Reward of that Quest you speak of?

I’m 100% with you I don’t like forced anything even if there are so many examples of things that are forced on us in wow in order to play how we actually want to play, but that’s another thread subject.

It would seem that they will actually force people because the event needs people. That’s why they put the rule “flag for pvp in order to finish quest”.

They could have made banks and AH sanctums in the capitals and let the events roll.

They could have reskinned the Legion event and have everyone level alts etc and be happy.

They chose this event and now choosing to play it blanket flags you as a “griefer”.

Either way, it is what it is.
    Sharding means that people who turn on WM to partake in the event will be placed on a shard together with like-minded players and the quest - assuming there is a worthwhile reward - will ensure that there is a steady stream of potential victims/allies for players already enjoying it so I do not see how the argument of the event needing players [who don't enjoy it] to succeed holds any water.

Choosing to partake in the event does not label anyone as a griefer however the transparent excuses about how the event is ruined because people now can choose to opt out as well as the childish insults directed at those who do not enjoy the event suggests that there are a, small, number of players who were looking forward to the event in order to grief other players. If looks like a duck an' all that. Perhaps if you are not comfortable with people thinking of you as greifer you should not be so keen to throw your hat in the ring with those who quite clearly are.

You keep knocking on the wrong door. Blizzard made the rules not me. You should wonder why blizzard chose to throw players in the lions pit instead of complaining that there are lions there. Somehow I don’t think that treating customers as cannon fodder for an event is a good practice.

- - - Updated - - -

The pro event posters have been habitually called “griefers” “minority that likes the event” and “the likes of you that can play together”.

So it’s us the griefers and I guess you are the good guys. LOL.
    Blizzard do make the rules and they have listened to feedback and changed them to accommodate the wishes of those who do not like the event.

As I stated, which you've ignored, people are labelling some pro-event players - genuine pro-event players seem to be happy with Blizzard's compromise - as griefers not because they are pro-event but because their complaints are based on the option for those who are not pro-event to opt out ruining their fun.

Anyway, you've moved more goal posts than Wembley Stadium's head groundskeeper and I can't be bothered with it anymore. Enjoy the event as it is or... don't.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-09-05 at 03:51 PM.

War mode and non-warmode are in the same version of orgrimmar right? So war mode ghouls are going to see a bunch of players running around that they can't attack? If so, i honestly think thats one of the bigger problems with this. If people want to opt out, that's fine but i really think that they shouldn't be in the same version of the world as people who are playing the event.

If not, I don't really think being able to opt out of the event is the worst thing ever, but they should maybe unnerf the ghouls a bit since it is optional now.

Did you read the part where it says “YOU WILL HAVE TO FLAG FOR PVP TO COMPLETE THE PREQUEST”.

They literally oblige everyone to pvp or not finish the pre-quest line which could have various rewards ranging from simple cosmetics to a mount.

It’s your decision to play or not play. And if you think it’s “griefing” again it’s your problem. But if you play you will pvp. Blizzard says so.
    And? I'm really not seeing the issue here. You're quite literally complaining that an event which has PVP at its heart requires participants to enable PVP.

Please stop - your attempts to twist what I have written are getting embarrassing now.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-09-05 at 05:12 PM.

Why will it be boring?
    See, that's you being wrong and also making the only argument that ever comes up about why this is TOTALLY a bad event that TOTALLY needs to be castrated. "Oh no, i could be killed once while standing in a city." No. That's not what this is and its not what this ever was. During the last event, people of both factions played together with the sole intention to just infect the world, because that was something silly and different for once. The Atmosphere was definitely less hostile than any of those people are who put in level 53 cloth pants for 580 Gold, because its red.

If you really are that desperate to check your bank within a city and find the choice of your laziness to be Orgrimmar or Stormwind: Sucks to be you. But otherwise there are great news: There are more banks in this game than im sure you think of right now when you read this and at no point during the last time this happend was there no way to do your boring-everyday-slog. There are even more Banks for you to be AFK in, so dont you worry one bit.

Bickering aside... Of course people will be involved in it and of course its an annoyance to be harassed to some degree, but nothing you can say can convince me there is anything that really needs doing that has to be done exactly then, 4 weeks before the end of the expansion that warrants ruining the event. When this patch hits, you won't really be doing raids anymore since most of the achievments will be removed and whatever you still need... I mean... you probably should have done better in whatever you do if you needed this much time in WoW's longest expansion, no offense. And i would ask you to look at this game and Blizzards actions properly if you really think the "annoying fellow customers" is an argument to make.

I think you are whiny, if you can't survive this bit of interruption which will likely only last two weeks at most without bawling your eyes out. And in turn for that tiniest piece of mind, the Event which was fun for most people considering its reputation by those that *actually* played back then... is turned into just another failed event that gives nothing, does nothing and turns into an entirely worthless thing that isn't memorable to anyone with a bunch of passive mobs, doing what most of the people complaining about the mere threat do: Standing around AFK till triggered.

I don't want to spoil anybodies fun in the game. But people like you ruined this for everyone who was looking forward to a bit of a fun zombie apocalypse nonsense. For something that is dumb fun unlike 90% of this expansion. It won't be coming back this time because of you and you won't get a chance to experience again.

Unlike whatever boring bullshit you think is so fucking important that this supposedly ruined the game for you.

I hope that brought some light into the issue for you and every other narcissistic prick who red it.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

But I am not complaining, you are. You are the one scared of the event disruption. I am happy and waiting to replay one of the best events. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your replies. I am VERY excited for the event. Please keep your complaints to yourself or to blizzard just don't bother me ok?
    Excited for the first 20 minutes and then everyone will turn it off and forget about it. It's just a prepatch event. Relax.

Am I allowed to at least be happy or will that also bother you?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Joker says it all in his monologue:

Joker Monologue - The Dark Knight

"Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying.
    Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everything becomes chaos.
    And you know the thing about chaos Harvey? “IT is FAIR.”"

Reading the complaints about this event reminded me how true this monologue was. A great understanding of humanity by the script writer. (parts of the monologue omitted on purpose for obvious reasons).
    You are as excited as 5 year old is that is about to get ice cream. What a life.

Btw:

"You are not allowed to be unhappy but I'm allowed to be happy!"

Am I allowed to at least be happy or will that also bother you?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Joker says it all in his monologue:

Joker Monologue - The Dark Knight

"Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying.
    Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everything becomes chaos.
    And you know the thing about chaos Harvey? “IT is FAIR.”"

Reading the complaints about this event reminded me how true this monologue was. A great understanding of humanity by the script writer. (parts of the monologue omitted on purpose for obvious reasons).
    In all seriousness tho, i get why some people don't like it. But it annoys the fuck out of me how what is ... i mean... really: A ridiculously minor inconvenience ruins this all. Its just stupid... You know?