Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    I am. But if you recommend me something which is clearly inferior, you're not helping.

We can discuss about many other things, but a guy saying an i9 is "old" to play wow... Yeah, maybe I could buy the one that costs 900€, but it's not gonna change anything since I'm gonna use it only to play wow in ultra. The one I put is more than enough. You can argue about the brand, as the others did, but saying that it's "old" meaning it's not one of the best, it's pointless, and points out you've got no idea.
    First, it was about the CPU and GPU, the 9900K is the old one the 10900k is already out.
    Second, the M.2 SSD wont bring you anything if you just game with the PC so a normal SSD for 100-130€ with 1TB is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    First, it was about the CPU and GPU, the 9900K is the old one the 10900k is already out.
    Second, the M.2 SSD wont bring you anything if you just game with the PC so a normal SSD for 100-130€ with 1TB is enough.
    First, I was talking about the CPU, as the other guy said: "a two years old CPU". Therefore, I answered that an i9-9900K is not old to play wow in ultra, it's more than enough. That CPU is a beast just to play wow in ultra, therefore, it's top of the range.

Second, did you get it or should I draw something to make you understand it better?
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-04 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But he wants to pay extra for the Samsung brand so I guess he didnt really want any help or suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    But he wants to pay extra for the Samsung brand so I guess he didnt really want any help or suggestions.
    You still have to explain me why that CPU is "old" to play wow in ultra. Please.

First, I was talking about the CPU, as the other guy said: "a two years old CPU". Therefore, I answered that an i9-9900K is not old to play wow in ultra, it's more than enough. That CPU is a beast just to play wow in ultra, therefore, it's top of the range.
    There is no such thing as "old for a game". Yeah a 9900k is fine for WoW but WoW basically runs on every CPU made in the last decade. You claimed to need the "best hardware" which the 9900k is evidently not since its 2 years old and has successors like the 10900k. A 10600k, Ryzen 5 3600, 3700X, 9600k would still be enough to play WoW on ultra but its not the best. So what do u want, the best or something that is enough for WoW? Make up your mind and stop contradicting yourself.

There is no such thing as "old for a game". Yeah a 9900k is fine for WoW but WoW basically runs on every CPU made in the last decade. You claimed to need the "best hardware" which the 9900k is evidently not since its 2 years old and has successors like the 10900k. A 10600k, Ryzen 5 3600, 3700X, 9600k would still be enough to play WoW on ultra but its not the best. So what do u want, the best or something that is enough for WoW? Make up your mind and stop contradicting yourself.
    I think you're not getting it. Is that CPU the best to play wow in ultra? YES, it is. It's not gonna change anything if I play in a 10900k.

Now, please, let the adults talk and post your silly points of view anywhere else. Thanks, geezer.

Wow this thread is getting hostile....

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It is a bottleneck if you use AMD. Go look up benchmark numbers comparing intel to AMD with the same hardware. Let me know what you find.
    I already did and not in 4k gaming, also we'll see pcie3 vs pcie4 tests soon.

The i9 9900k BLOWS the 10600k, Ryzen 5 3600, 3700X, 3800, 3900x, 9600k out of the sky when it comes to FPS and WOW. Clock the i9 to 5+GHz wich they all do and NON of the new Ryzen chips can touch it in FPS in WOW. YES it's a last Gen. Intel CPU, but it's stil in the top 3 of the best gaming CPUs, so i don't really understand where you are trying to go with your post?
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2020-09-05 at 08:24 AM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I think you're not getting it. Is that CPU the best to play wow in ultra? YES, it is. It's not gonna change anything if I play in a 10900k.

Now, please, let the adults talk and post your silly points of view anywhere else. Thanks, geezer.
    Asking for help and then insulting people giving you advice. #justmmochampionforumthings.
    So it changes nothing if you get the 10900K instead of the 9900K? Ok, I guess newer hardware isnt better than the old one. My bad, I didnt know that.

Also I dont see adults here. I see a kid who needs advice and is resitant to it. But go ahead, its just your parents money you are wasting, haha.

Asking for help and then insulting people giving you advice. #justmmochampionforumthings.
    So it changes nothing if you get the 10900K instead of the 9900K? Ok, I guess newer hardware isnt better than the old one. My bad, I didnt know that.

Also I dont see adults here. I see a kid who needs advice and is resitant to it. But go ahead, its just your parents money you are wasting, haha.
    Not when it comes to the Intel gen. 9 vs. Gen. 10. If you can get a i9 9900k cheap, then it's better to go with that then a more expensive 10700k or 10900k. You are not loosing any thing importen not going with the 10 series
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2020-09-05 at 08:35 AM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Nevardcire View Post
    Wow this thread is getting hostile....
    It happens here quite a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Yeah, I'm a 29 years old geezer -with a full time job- who still asks for money to his parents. You got me, fam.

The point is, what does it change if I get the 10900K? Please, I do wanna know why I should spend 200€-300€ more. As I said, it's to play wow in ultra, I don't play anything else.

Anyway, I didn't mean to insult you as an individual, I just believe you didn't give me a reason to buy a 10900K CPU. In any case, I honestly do apologise if I bothered you, maybe I was a little bit harsh with that sentence.
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-05 at 08:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On what resolution and FPS do you (want to) play?

I would recommend this:

AMD 3600/3700 (not x)
    MSI GeForce RTX 3070/3080 Gaming X Trio
    MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
    Kingston A2000 1TB
    Corsair RM750 (2019)
    Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    NZXT H510 case (cheap)

Much more versatile and will run Wow on ultra on 4k even.
    Last edited by Azerox; 2020-09-05 at 10:19 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Yeah, I'm a 29 years old geezer -with a full time job- who still asks for money to his parents. You got me, fam.

The point is, what does it change if I get the 10900K? Please, I do wanna know why I should spend 200€-300€ more. As I said, it's to play wow in ultra, I don't play anything else.

Anyway, I didn't mean to insult you as an individual, I just believe you didn't give me a reason to buy a 10900K CPU. In any case, I honestly do apologise if I bothered you, maybe I was a little bit harsh with that sentence.
    Just remember if you can get a 10700k cheaper then a i9 9900k where you live, you should go for that. 10700k = i99900k

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    On what resolution and FPS do you (want to) play?

I would recommend this:

AMD 3600/3700 (not x)
    MSI GeForce RTX 3070/3080 Gaming X Trio
    MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
    Kingston A2000 1TB
    Corsair RM750 (2019)
    Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    NZXT H510 case (cheap)

Much more versatile and will run Wow on ultra on 4k even.
    What do you think is wrong with my selection? I mean, I will buy a 3080, but appart from that, do you think there's gonna be a huge difference fps-wise if I change the other pieces? Are we talking about 10? 20? 30 fps?

Just asking

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you think is wrong with my selection? I mean, I will buy a 3080, but appart from that, do you think there's gonna be a huge difference fps-wise if I change the other pieces? Are we talking about 10? 20? 30 fps?

Just asking
    Nothing is wrong just alot of overpriced items imo.
    PSU, MOBO, MEM, NVME, Case not gon increase your FPS (alot)
    Beter spend most on CPU/GPU.
    For high fps/hz games (shooters) i would go with Intel.
    Anything else, go with AMD for more versatility.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Nothing is wrong just alot of overpriced items imo.
    PSU, MOBO, MEM, NVME, Case not gon increase your FPS (alot)
    Beter spend most on CPU/GPU.
    For high fps/hz games (shooters) i would go with Intel.
    Anything else, go with AMD for more versatility.
    But with my selection (getting a 3080), what do you think the fps range will be with everything ultra? Using a normal screen, not 4k yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    But with my selection (getting a 3080), what do you think the fps range will be with everything ultra? Using a normal screen, not 4k yet.
    Still depending if you have 1080p or 1440p
    Just check out some vids that have tested things alike
    Also i have no idea how SL will do on a 3080rtx.
    But i guess on 1080p 140-170 fps and on 1440 90-140?
    Check out this comparison to the 2080ti in the first vid.

Still depending if you have 1080p or 1440p
    Just check out some vids that have tested things alike
    Also i have no idea how SL will do on a 3080rtx.
    But i guess on 1080p 140-170 fps and on 1440 90-140?
    Check out this comparison to the 2080ti in the first vid.
    Thank you very much