Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Do you realize how much the company profits grew under Kotick? I don't like him myself but he brings some good results for the company and their shareholders.
    The problem is, he ONLY cuts costs, not exactly a reputation for reinvesting in studios. It's why people know Activision for buying talent and then running them into the ground. EA is no different (admittedly, they may actually be worse, when they started slapping the "BioWare" name on everything, even when it wasn't THE BioWare).

Reports have been coming out the past couple of years from Blizzard employees that they are constantly being told to "cut costs", something which was never a vocal concern (to general employees) until Activision bought them out. There were reports after, I believe it was Infinity Ward, got bought out years ago, their team was relocated to an unfinished office space, where they couldn't even get the resources to have actual HAZARDS -- like open electrical wiring -- addressed.

Dude basically treats his investments like sweatshops.

I can see many pro artists and animators working in holywood or in the gaming industry here. So cool!!!

I think its quite cool. Illidan was there in that Legion world, but Draka was there as well, just long before him. Remember Draka died many years ago, and what we see in that movie of her is all together from the past and barely showing the start of the intial story for Maldraxxus years ago in the end of it.

It also shows that Maldrxxus is indeed the first line of defense for Shadowlands. And it makes everything confusing with the new lore vs the old lore a bit more understandable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Of course it is. Blizzard is reusing art-assets in their "hype videos". That's something that "the old Blizzard" would've never done. This is clearly yet another attempt to cut corners to cut costs, which has been a recurring theme that Kotaku has been reporting on the past several years.
    Aye because blizzard saves millions from reusing a single shot, get real. It was clearly ment to be a very obvious sign that there is a link between the shadowlands and the burning legion. Tho maybe not that obvious when we got people like you that fail to grasp it and start rambling about Brack and Kotick.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-09-05 at 02:08 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Aye because blizzard saves millions from reusing a single shot, get real. It was clearly ment to be a very obvious sign that there is a link between the shadowlands and the burning legion. Tho maybe not that obvious when we got people like you that fail to grasp it and start rambling about Brack and Kotick.
    I see we already went to "you just cant understand their genius" part of corporate apologism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, artists do reuse their assets sometimes. It's hilarious how people with no clue pretend that it's a big deal, they'll probably flip out when they'll know how wall textures are made
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-09-05 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    "Confirmed" why should I believe a company. "G-g-g-guys this is all on purpose, you will see, pinky promise!"
    Well if you don't want to believe it thats your own prerogative. Depends how cynical and bitter your head space is at when regarding Blizzard, I am a bit more face value with their shitty lies, the Blitzchung apology for instance as well as anythign on the marketing and publishing side of things. When it comes to decisions made on the bottom floor with devs, most certifiably artists, I will most likely believe them, especially seeing how underpaid and badly worked they are.

Also if this had been their first cinematic I would probably raise an eye but seeing how awesome the Uther one was, its hard to believe that this was the one cinematic they choose to copy a scene from, a 1 second scene mind mind you lol. Altohugh we still got 2 more to go, let's see if they have any copied scenes too shall we?

I mean if you wanna be cynical about it fine, I still think its okay, you are fine that Blizzrd have been reusing models in game for 15 years, and yet this 1 second scene is worth getting mad at. Let;s not forget the reusing of stories, art assets, dead characters been brought back to life, If anything this is on brand for Blizzard
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-09-05 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I'm an artist I know exactly how long such pictures take and how much skill they require.
    Easy, put your hands where your mouth is. If you claim to be something. Proof it.

Otherwise you are just trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There are demons in Maldraxxus, as can be seen in the arena in the center of the zone. They appear to be imported by the Brokers and used for the forces of Maldraxxus to train against. Perhaps some Fel Guards were used as a kind of test in the House of Eyes for novitiates to train their craft and whatnot.
    This is actually way better than my thought, ... I was like: "Well, maybe demon go also to the Shadowlands when they die for good"

In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I see we already went to "you just cant understand their genius" part of corporate apologism.
    Aye, "coporate apologism" my arse. Blizzard loves to use the same shots to show a link between characters or scenes. Even if this stupid "they reuse shots to save money" blabbering was correct, how much do you truely think they would save.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Aye, "coporate apologism" my arse. Blizzard loves to use the same shots to show a link between characters or scenes. Even if this stupid "they reuse shots to save money" blabbering was correct, how much do you truely think they would save.
    You tell me, I keep hearing from white knights how expensive this shit gets and we should be grateful.

Honestly, im just surprised they'd bother to reuse 1 shot. Like, you already made the whole cinematic and then you just reuse this one thing? It would have taken like 2% of their time to make another frame to use there.

The biggest problem I have is that it legitimately confused me because I didn't know if those were supposed to be felguards or not.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Them reusing the one piece of art, that probably would cost to make like 200-600 $ bucks and few hours for that experienced and clearly talented artist has no justification.

These videos are rarely made and suppose to be professionally made ads. Reused screenshot with different filter is an absolutely new low, cheap and retarded move.

Its especially bad since it makes the story completely confusing regardless of were these actually Felguards or not, or regardless was Draka on mission outside SL or not. Fact is these guards positioned in the same way, hold weapons in the same way, its the same building, and Draka look at them from the same angle that was shown in Harbingers, which with 99% chance implies Draka is right there with Illidari waiting to assault the pit lord castle.

But thats clearly not the case. Its most likely supposed to be two different planets with different castles, invironments and so on, not related to each other. Art director just cheaped it out, copy pasting the shot.

This is ridiculous. I would get that if that was some expensive CGI video for something completely unimportant, so they could have save hundred thousand dollars purely reusing some irrelevant scenes, but thats not the case here. It supposed to be relevant story video with relatively cheap production, yet they still had a nerve to go cheaper. Thats how much Blizzard "care" about their story and consumers.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-05 at 04:17 PM.

What cryptic and philosophical message could this be?

DEVS = LAZY LUL

Sorry but i really dont think they reused the shot just to save time, i think it was more of a reference to show that those are Legion guards and not some shadowland race that looks kinda the same.