Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    We'll see if he takes over quicker than Deshaun Watson did, that was a pretty quick hook after a silly decision not to give him the job in the first place.
    IIRC Watson only got put in because what's-his-face got injured?

I don't know how I feel about the theory of sitting rookies. Mahomes sat out a whole season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Savage's horrifying concussion came later in the year after Watson got hurt. He got benched for extreme suckitude in game one.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Tua has looked really good. I anticipate him taking over maybe after the first quarter.

Rosen is way more talented than Cutler. People always dog his attitude, but I haven't heard a lick of anything bad about his attitude in his 2 years in the NFL. From what I can tell, people just think he's entitled because he doesn't "need" football, because his parents are surgeons or something. Something they said about Andrew Luck when he retired for health reasons as well.
    I just don't think he will really shine unless he has a stable team around him... like Cutler for a few years.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I just don't think he will really shine unless he has a stable team around him... like Cutler for a few years.
    He's someone that could due with taking the Teddy Bridgewater route. Go to a team with an entrenched starter for a few years, play well in the preseason, and leverage it into a bridge QB deal somewhere.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams have nobody but Goff, maybe a trip home would do Rosen some good if the price is right.
    /s

Only time I have seen Rosen play he looked completely lost against a Vance Joseph defense. That says a lot because he gives up career games to opposing offensive players every week. Even Cutler's first year as a starter playing with undiagnosed diebetes was way better than that.

Then again, Cutler had Mike Shanahan and Rosen had someone that got fired 2 seasons in a row for doing dumb things like calling plays they never practiced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Only time I have seen Rosen play he looked completely lost against a Vance Joseph defense. That says a lot because he gives up career games to opposing offensive players every week. Even Cutler's first year as a starter playing with undiagnosed diebetes was way better than that.

Then again, Cutler had Mike Shanahan and Rosen had someone that got fired 2 seasons in a row for doing dumb things like calling plays they never practiced.
    They fired McCoy the day after that game, so yeah.
    /s

How many games did Rosen play in last year, like 3?

Cause I saw a montage of "passes Dolphins WRs dropped when Rosen hit them right in the hands" and it was like a good 10 plays.

That team was horrible in the beginning of the year last year. And even though they won some games with Fitz at QB, I don't think it was because of Fitz's play, but more because their defense gelled better.

Also, who the fuck expects Brian Flores to develop a young QB?

You really are all in on "right Josh".
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I'm sure some team will sign Josh Rosen, Paxton Lynch still manages to get teams to sign him.

This is the guy that only got 4 starts as a 1st round pick and was so bad he tried to kill Kubiak. Then went on to not be able to beat out Geno Smith, Mason Rudolph and that other really bad Steelers QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans extend Deshaun Watson, 4 years, 160 mil.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

NFL cut down day is the worst. We've already cut Duke Williams, I imagine we're gonna cut Robert Foster too, Isaiah MxKenzie already confirmed not cut, and I imagine those other two guys are gonna be on the Jets on week 1 because they're already better than all the trash they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Texans extend Deshaun Watson, 4 years, 160 mil.
    I bet agents love doing contracts with the Texans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I bet agents love doing contracts with the Texans.
    Well, this at least is a contract that makes sense. It's an extension, so it's actually a 6 year contract. By the time he gets to the really expensive parts the new TV money will be in and this contract will seem very reasonable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are they actually about to start the season? I just assumed it was on indefinite hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Denver cut the corner that was being predicted to be the #3, and are only keeping 3 safeties. Kind of weird. The practice squad rules this year help with flexibility I guess.

On the plus side, Jake Butt made the team. Thought he was for sure gone when they had 8 TEs or something insane on the roster going into camp. He somehow was the one to not miss time. Hopefully whatever the doctors did to his knee this time holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Are they actually about to start the season? I just assumed it was on indefinite hold.
    First game is next Thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots brought in K Nick Folk late in camp to compete with our draft pick kicker. Draft pick was not kicking well, so we figured Folk would get the starting job.

Then Belichick cut them both today. xD

So we have no kicker, unless the Folk thing is a trick and he gets re-signed after roster moves with IR etc have been made. That's definitely a possibility.

Still funny though to not have a kicker on the initial 53 roster of the season. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Still funny though to not have a kicker on the initial 53 roster of the season. xD
    Lots of kickers become available, I'm just curious who they're trying to stash away that will be released to make room for that kicker, but that they don't want to release until its too late for someone else to nab him.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Packers cut Jake Kumrow after Rodgers spent the last few days talking him up as one of the few safe guys on the roster.

Just your periodic reminder that this new regime gives 0 cares about their top 10 all time QB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)