Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I mean PvP is a little minigame in WoW, so why not? If you want balanced PvP you should not be playing WoW, there's literally a dozen other games that are far more competitive.

And that's coming from someone with thousands of arena games played that's hit 2k on every class other than DK at some point or another. Arenas are very fun, hanging out with two friends on Discord and coming up with strats and things is enjoyable. But if you're looking for something really competitive WoW is not for you. It's why when I wanna take something seriously I play CSGO or DotA. If I wanna have fun with a couple friends I do arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I mean PvP is a little minigame in WoW, so why not? If you want balanced PvP you should not be playing WoW, there's literally a dozen other games that are far more competitive.
    Considering PvP rewards go up to Mythic Ilvl (at least in BfA they did), also award one of the few truly rare mounts (Gladiator) and Arena as a game mode being strongly reliant on balance, it is important to balanced.

If you look at a system such as Corruption and go "Yeah, it's imbalanced, so much fun!", then i don't think we need to discuss this further.
    Things need to somehow work out in the grand scheme of things and not be a total shitshow.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-09-05 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the borrowed power classes will be boring as fuck with no good abilities or functions so obviously its not viable, if only we stopped this borrowed power cancer huh..

I guess they could at the very least disable the silly ass pve trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    no new stuff for pvp - people compain
    new stuff for pvp - people complain

at last, it seems that pve and pvp players have something in common
    I think you are making a generalization eh? It wasn't the same people saying both those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Aren't the covenants a lot more impactful than the legendaries in a lot of cases? When I come up against a Druid, I'm less scared about faster DoT ticks than I am Convoke 100%ing me.
    Llegendaries are more RNG than the covenants. I mean, you wouldn't need to farm them if you would like to participate in serious PvP... but covenants are always available and will be with you since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Llegendaries are more RNG than the covenants. I mean, you wouldn't need to farm them if you would like to participate in serious PvP... but covenants are always available and will be with you since the beginning.
    Convoke is about is RNG as it gets. It can shoot multiple starsurges back to back or it can refresh minor DoTs & HoTs instead.

I play PVP very rarely, but I thought people hated Legion PVP where gear gave you minimal advantage, right? I don't get why covenant/legendaries shouldn't matter when gear does. Both are things you choose or target, it's not like legiondaries or corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean does it matter when maldrax can ignore cc?

This is going to be a nightmare... you thought one shot star stacking was bad? WE ARE GOING TO BE LOOKING BACK FONDLY ON HOW WELL CORRUPTIONS WERE BALANCED!
    It's just during cast. Don't overreact, it's not as OP as you make it. For example new priest pvp talent Thoughtstealer is way stronger in any game vs mage or warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Convoke is about is RNG as it gets. It can shoot multiple starsurges back to back or it can refresh minor DoTs & HoTs instead.
    I meant in terms of acquiring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I meant in terms of acquiring them.
    Aha, fair enough. I'm personally not entirely sold on the new method of acquiring them, but heyo, we'll see how it plays out.

Why does this surprise anyone? PvP is an afterthought for WoW and always has been. Blizzard hates it and always has.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

Legendaries are basically another talent tree, only a talent tree that you have to RPG progress on through grinding amterials and time. That is all. So no they shouldn't be kept out of PvP because the classes were designed with the legendaries in mind. Enhancement as an example. The redesign splits up a couple different ways to spec and the Lava Lash/Flame Shock build doesn't make much sense without the Lava Lash legendary.

So things that are "one shotting" in arena are doing so because this is their first damage tuning pass. That is specifically why this last beta wave (which includes myself) was a large one of high rated PvP players.

I just wish that the skirmish system split up between 2s and 3s. Testing in double dps 2s is meaningless, especially now without the real tuning is set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering PvP rewards go up to Mythic Ilvl (at least in BfA they did), also award one of the few truly rare mounts (Gladiator) and Arena as a game mode being strongly reliant on balance, it is important to balanced.

If you look at a system such as Corruption and go "Yeah, it's imbalanced, so much fun!", then i don't think we need to discuss this further.
    Things need to somehow work out in the grand scheme of things and not be a total shitshow.
    Gear is irrelevant since you get the same or better gear from m+ 15s and you can get a full set of gear in a night, compared to arenas taking about 3 months.

And it isn't important to be balanced because it isn't meant to be taken seriously. Not every game has to be some super competitive esport, and WoW arenas will never be competitive. It isn't balanced now, and it has never been balanced in the past, so of course it will never be balanced in the future. I find it quite funny when everyone complains about it though as if it's something that's super serious.

Gear is irrelevant since you get the same or better gear from m+ 15s and you can get a full set of gear in a night, compared to arenas taking about 3 months.
    Using the fact that gearing yourself via PvP is barely sustainable due to not having a PvP Power as an argument is pretty cynical.

That's an invention of Legion and BfA i might add.
    And it isn't important to be balanced because it isn't meant to be taken seriously.
    Random Battlegrounds, yes, Rated Game modes? Nope.
    I find it quite funny when everyone complains about it though as if it's something that's super serious.
    Getting one shotted by a Tank with TD is something that i did not considered "funny".

If all of WoW's PvP were just random Battlegrounds, that would be a different story, but they're not, it's about competing against other players and the winner gets the rewards (be it gear or mounts).
    Winning is fun, losing isn't, especially when you lose to some completely broken mechanic.

Broken mechanics do not necessarily equate fun, nor imbalance, that doesn't mean that balance is the holy grail but simply throwing things into the game without any regard to PvP just makes it far less enjoyable.

Assa rogues will surely love to fight against people who chose Kyrian who can makes themselves immune against Curses, Diseases, Poison and Bleed effects for 15 seconds.

Not that i would shed a tear for rogues, but will be an odd thing to adjust your strat based on enemy covenant choice.
    but anyway enough about dwarves

And it isn't important to be balanced because it isn't meant to be taken seriously. Not every game has to be some super competitive esport, and WoW arenas will never be competitive. It isn't balanced now, and it has never been balanced in the past, so of course it will never be balanced in the future. I find it quite funny when everyone complains about it though as if it's something that's super serious.
    "Wow arena has never been competitive". What a dumb statement. What was the prize pools at blizzcon for arenas? What was the prizepools for the raid races? Please don't be foolish with your comments. Go watch some blizzcons and tell me what the people tuned in to most. Ill give ya a hint, it wasnt the cosplay stage

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    but anyway enough about dwarves
    Stoneform only removes those effects, doesn't grant immunity.
    It used to, but doesn't anymore since Wotlk.

Also shares a 30sec CD with PvP trinket, or at least used to.

Getting one shotted by a Tank with TD is something that i did not considered "funny".

If all of WoW's PvP were just random Battlegrounds, that would be a different story, but they're not, it's about competing against other players and the winner gets the rewards (be it gear or mounts).
    Winning is fun, losing isn't, especially when you lose to some completely broken mechanic.

Broken mechanics do not necessarily equate fun, nor imbalance, that doesn't mean that balance is the holy grail but simply throwing things into the game without any regard to PvP just makes it far less enjoyable.

Sure, but being the tank that one shot people with TD was hilarious, so it averaged out across the playerbase.

If you want a game that is strictly about PvP you have at least a dozen other options, if you want an MMO with focus on the entire game WoW is your best choice. If you want an MMO with a focus on PvP you might wanna make one yourself at this point.

I used to take WoW PvP seriously too, then I realized Blizzard simply doesn't care and therefore neither should anybody else. Of course, you're free to take it super seriously, but you're just gonna get upset and frustrated so I don't really recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    "Wow arena has never been competitive". What a dumb statement. What was the prize pools at blizzcon for arenas? What was the prizepools for the raid races? Please don't be foolish with your comments. Go watch some blizzcons and tell me what the people tuned in to most. Ill give ya a hint, it wasnt the cosplay stage
    You do know things can have prizepools without being competitive right? Like that's such a weird standard. If I tell you to pick a number between 1 and 100 and if you guess right I'll give you $100 does that mean guessing a number is a competitive game because I gave it a prizepool?

Seriously bizarre logic.

Sure, but being the tank that one shot people with TD was hilarious, so it averaged out across the playerbase.
    Yeah sure, just made me stop playing Arena, because fighting against people that are hard to kill and can oneshot you out of nowhere isn't fun.

Assuming that because one person is having while the other doesn't is somehow "averaging out" is completely silly, because at a certain point those people will be fed up and leave.
    I used to take WoW PvP seriously too, then I realized Blizzard simply doesn't care and therefore neither should anybody else. Of course, you're free to take it super seriously, but you're just gonna get upset and frustrated so I don't really recommend it.
    The fundamental issue is that Blizzards most recent adventures into "imbalance" aren't fun, that's the issue.

Corruptions were not fun in PvP, because oneshotting people randomnly in PvP thanks to some random piece of gear isn't really something that will foster longterm engagement, it's fun for the guy who oneshots people, but will piss off those people and will sooner or later turn into a rather hollow thing for other people as well once they're on the receiving end.

On top of that, it simply doesn't work in game modes such as Arena because dying automatically equates to defeat, that's why Random Battleground are different, getting one shotted by a guy doesn't mean you lost the match, you respawn and get another chance, in Arena, you don't.

Thinking that imbalances are always an improvement is simply not true, because the degree of imbalance and respective game modes need to be taken into account as well.

And honestly, casual PvP in WoW has become completely unfun due to variety of other factors, such as PvP scaling, Class Powercreep and Healers being unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Why does this surprise anyone? PvP is an afterthought for WoW and always has been. Blizzard hates it and always has.
    And this is a really healthy approach. The only way pvp game works if entire premise and point of a game is to PvP. You can't have both or you will be stuck in situation where pvp sucks AND pve suck, or pvp is mediocre AND pve sucks, or pvp sucks AND pve is good.