Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    wait people still run M+? I maxed out my main 3 weeks ago. No wait 5 weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you can always see how many m10+/m15+ they done.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You can filter for people who buy carries by looking at number of completed dungeons. People with high numbers of completes are extremely unlikely to be buying them.

People keep saying "its the best we have" but why should it be?
    The people who made this flawed system must be held accountable for the product they have produced and that is impacting the game so heavily.

The only reason its the "best we have" is because people keep settling for it.

This system can not be trusted regardless of boosting because it does not take into affixes into account.
    No clue how we are 2 expansions into M+ and they still don't realize this, but its unacceptable that something doesn't change.

Their system is encouraging all the wrong things about Mythic+ and having a dramatic impact on the game.
    Stop making excuses for them.

If more people speak up they will have to change it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The people who made this flawed system must be held accountable for the product they have produced and that is impacting the game so heavily.

The only reason its the "best we have" is because people keep settling for it.

This system can not be trusted regardless of boosting because it does not take into affixes into account.
    No clue how we are 2 expansions into M+ and they still don't realize this, but its unacceptable that something doesn't change.

Their system is encouraging all the wrong things about Mythic+ and having a dramatic impact on the game.
    Stop making excuses for them.

If more people speak up they will have to change it.
    If you fail to use the tool provided to you correctly its up to you. Not the websites fault when you invite someone that has for example a 1.5k score and eight dungeons completed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Its not a waterproof system, some slimy bigs will get throu the net and make your run a miserable one.

But its the only net we got to weed out the useless players from the slightly less useless players.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I have never been boosted and I don't have 100+ dungeons done in the +15 bracket.

I just do 1 per week.
    This season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

So many people doing Rio groups that takes forever to put together and then start the key with no planning whatsoever because "they know what to do due to Rio" and fail after a pull or two. Just because people reached the same Rio with different tactics.

That's the biggest downside to Rio for me. People substitute it with just three lines of communication...
    Ive noticed this weird behavior with random dungeon groups at a medium to semi high level where they just kind of awkwardly sit in silence as if suggesting or asking what the "strat" for the run is so everyones on the same page, that is a total noob thing to ask. To even suggest you dont know the intended strat is crazy talk I have my Rio

So instead you say nothing, pull slightly different than someone was expecting and someones instantly leaving or raging. Very odd.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    People only looking at the score is doing it wrong. It's super easy to check if a person was boosted or not, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Wow, that's impressive!
    Hi

People buy boosts in M+ primarily to gear an alt fast, not to build IO score.
    I bought boosts even though i was easily able to do those dungeons myself.
    But why waste the time? I buy an armor-stack boost and get 2-3 usable item pieces from the end-dungeon chest + another one from weekly. Next week i do the same. 2 boosts and the alt is relatively decent geared. Costs next to no gold (+15 nowadays is sth like 100k) and saves ass ton of time.

Lots of ppl do the same for visions. Get a DH, pay him 25k for no mask or 50k for masks and there you go.

Alting is excruciating in this patch and boosts help to make it a bit more tolerable. Otherwise there's not much point in buying boosts, especially not to build your IO as that requres lots of dungeons and lots of money.

It's not that big of a deal. If a player has in general like just 10s done and one 20+ then you just ignore and move on.
    It's a problem but not a huge one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Well it shouldn't. But right now it is. I for one am grateful for this system, which allows me to find people at my own level at a pretty decent accuracy. I have throughout BFA almost only had good experiences by using RIO. It's much superior to linking an achievement or similar which was done a lot in the past. It could be improved, but in my opinion it is already pretty great. I use it daily at great pleasure.

The relatively few times I pug I mainly look at the amount of dungeons completed in a certain bracket anyway. r.io number is just for quick filter

Buying enough boosts to actually significantly affect your RIO rating would cost a lot. Sure, in theory you can do that, but in reality an average player will not.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I maxed out my main in February or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone would have to buy a hell of a lot of runs in order for their profile to be deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I've never met a boosted player in a mythic+ pug key.
    Your anecdotal experience is as valuable as mine.

And do we another veiled anti-raider-io-thread?
    Bad players should just accept to get better, run their own keys or accept their shortcomings.
    Making these threads won't change a bit. Good players are finally free from the chains of scrub players and won't carry you any more.
    how do you know the players you met were not boosted? they told you so? io told you? lol .....

also, you were always free from "the chains of scrubs players" dude. the only "chain" here was yours, linked to your keyboard to play that game. you could break it yourself. nobody ever forced you to play with anybody.

I don't think paid boosts are really that impactful on raider.io scores. I haven't met obviously-boosted players on my runs, and I pug quite a lot. Actually I don't know what people are doing with their boosted gear...

On the other hand, what happens everyday is to see carried players. What's the difference? That's just players who keep applying to groups, run their own keys, and end up with enough score to join +16/+17 runs. And then, doing on those dungeons less healing or damage than the tank.

But most PUGs are able to carry one player on those kind of keys. Sometimes not... But they don't care, they just join the next group till they find one who will carry a run for them.

So to answer the question: scores around 2000-2500 can't be trusted at this point.

Here’s the thing about IO, people that don’t understand it or have only a minimal grasp of it will go by IO score only. People that push high keys can also look at that specific dungeon and see how many times someone has run it, how quickly it was cleared, and overall score of the dungeon itself.
    If someone has a 2K IO score but show up with green text they might not be what that person is looking for.
    Other players might just go by IO score, and it’s still better than the approach others would like. The other approach you might ask? Obviously I’m talking about “No, trust me. I’m really really good!” Well, that one and the automatic matchmaking I’ve seen people propose, which that would obviously go well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    on raider IO can't you look at someone's dungeon history? so like if someone has done a single 15 on each dungeon that is obviously a boost.