Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If up against players that picked the right choice for PvP you litteraly have no chnace.
    You can queue up but whats the point of you're just there to be farmed by players who have the right spec?

So no, you can't actually PvP.

People like you.. sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that big of a difference in this case, actually.
    Wrong. Completely wrong. Someone hasn't played beta much.

Im interested to know your experience level in this game, for you to make such.. claims.

Edit; damn. I should check peoples post history before quoting people saying stupid shit. Makes it easier to see if they're trolling or not.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2020-09-06 at 07:28 AM.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    How is doing 8 world quests and a few dungeons a massive grind? This requirement is actually far less than I expected when they said switching covenants wouldn't be easy.
    Because that's not all of it? That's literally the first step.

Looks like people forget or just dont know about the most important thing: if you choose other covenant, you lose your renown. With renown you can unlock conduit rows in soulbinds. So if you unlocked all of them for example in Necro but you decide to play Venth for some reason, you not just have to do WQs but you will be there with 0 conduits and that will lead to a decent dps/hps loss until you grind them back and that could be days/weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Wrong. Completely wrong. Someone hasn't played beta much.

Im interested to know your experience level in this game, for you to make such.. claims.

Edit; damn. I should check peoples post history before quoting people saying stupid shit. Makes it easier to see if they're trolling or not.
    Been playing both alpha and beta, been playing WoW since vanilla beta and cleared every tier on highest difficulty except for this expansion (left Europe) and one, one and a half in TBC (uni got in the way).
    Also been in every beta/alpha save for TBC (not sure there even was one).

I would say I'm experienced enough.

The covenants make a huge difference as it is now and even with some pretty heavy nerfs the last patches they sill make or break your class in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yikes, so not only is it gonna be a massive grind it's also going to be time gated.

I know they'll revert this in 9.1 or 9.2 but man the expansion is gonna be hilariously trash before that.

Literally no sense playing a hybrid or trying to take part in more than one aspect of the game. It's shocking to me how Blizzard makes the same retarded mistakes over and over and never learn from it, it's almost impressive.
    Sometimes I wonder how they come up with these ideas. I really do.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Still haven’t seen this answered. When you swap from 1 Covenant to another, during the interim time where you are doing the quests to get back into the old one do you, or do you not, have access to the Covenant and Class abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Still haven’t seen this answered. When you swap from 1 Covenant to another, during the interim time where you are doing the quests to get back into the old one do you, or do you not, have access to the Covenant and Class abilities?
    While working to rejoin another covenant you are still part of your current covenant, so you still have access to all abilities, soul binds, etc.

If you join another covenant for the first time, you lose access to everything immediately, but you are also part of the new covenant right away

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    While working to rejoin another covenant you are still part of your current covenant, so you still have access to all abilities, soul binds, etc.

If you join another covenant for the first time, you lose access to everything immediately, but you are also part of the new covenant right away
    Thanks for the information.

So... restrictions for swapping covenant even not lorewise? Pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    It's called....Pick wisely....if u dont, there are consequences.... i like this. way to go Blizzard!

DO research,... don't blindly pick one based on the masses....Look up each one, weigh the pros and cons....
    It's a video game, not a life-long decision of choosing a bank for a huge loan.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaritd View Post
    Looks like people forget or just dont know about the most important thing: if you choose other covenant, you lose your renown. With renown you can unlock conduit rows in soulbinds. So if you unlocked all of them for example in Necro but you decide to play Venth for some reason, you not just have to do WQs but you will be there with 0 conduits and that will lead to a decent dps/hps loss until you grind them back and that could be days/weeks.
    No, in some earlier interview it was clear that you keep your Renown and rest progress from Covenant you abandoned after you return. So I think many people will "visit" and max out all Covenants after season 1 progress.

Knowing Blizzard I also fully expect they drop whole return quest, since it's really pointless. Just put some week cooldown with switching covenants.

To be honest, after I saw how easy switch is, I'm thinking of doing campaign just on my main that do raids/M+, instead of 4 chars I picked earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Why would any guild want someone to play sub-optimally?
    Because this is World of Warcraft, not Starcraft.

If you want to control how other units play, there's plenty of RTSes out there.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They take much more time to do though. Thoes 4 might very well take way longer than clearing a whole zone in Legion/BfA. They are not more intresting just lower drop chance and such or having mobs that just take ages to kill due to some gimmick.

You'll have to do all of them once in a while as well and you no longer have the flight whistle and such. It's rather tedious to be honest.

The way you switch covenants is not "reasonable" at all. Having a 2 week CD on being able to play PvP or the other way around of you were playing PvP already is not "reasonable" what so ever.
    Thats your opinion. I think Covenants are great so thats a reasonable solution in my opinion. To swap is fast, so its close to being objectively reasonable as well. Its very reasonable, in any way or form. Looking forward to Covenants.

Must have been quite awful doing those WQs in a game where everything is horrible. I've seen you and a few others who has complained about EVERYTHING the last 4 years. Why do you keep playing? I mean I thought 8.3 was the worst patch since 6.1, so I stopped quite early then stopped my sub for a while. But if things were as bad as some people have made it the last 4-6 years, I wouldn't bother with this shit anymore, at all. Genuninly curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The common consensus from beta is that while the number of WQs available is shorter, the time to do one is considerably longer when compared to BFAs.

You could be looking at spending 15-20 min doing 1 single WQ
    Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Thats your opinion. I think Covenants are great so thats a reasonable solution in my opinion. To swap is fast, so its close to being objectively reasonable as well. Its very reasonable, in any way or form. Looking forward to Covenants.

Must have been quite awful doing those WQs in a game where everything is horrible. I've seen you and a few others who has complained about EVERYTHING the last 4 years. Why do you keep playing? I mean I thought 8.3 was the worst patch since 6.1, so I stopped quite early then stopped my sub for a while. But if things were as bad as some people have made it the last 4-6 years, I wouldn't bother with this shit anymore, at all. Genuninly curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know!
    Reasonable as of now, but imagine it being a four steps campaign of sort? It will quickly become really annoying. I understand the need of it being RP and not a light decision to take, but it should be made more... interesting?

I didnt expect they can make something worse than BFA, but here we are with covenants/conduits xDD

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    How ids it a betrayal to switch covenants when they aren't opposing forces? This whole piss poor system makes no sense. If you are going to fabricate a reason to screw the players, at least justify it with story. We are meant to be heroes to all 4 covenants. So we are meant to believe that the other 3, who exist because of our heroics, are upset that we were MORE heroic to the other one. They are the afterlife Karen societies.
    Imagine you're set to go out on a date with a guy/girl. Everything is planned. Then, you suddenly call them up and cancel because you're going to go out on a date with another guy/girl instead. Now, these guys/girls may not be enemies but they're not friends. Do you think the first one would be like "Oh well!" and then be all chipper when you change your mind and come crawling back? No, he/she is most likely to be annoyed if not outright pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Reasonable as of now, but imagine it being a four steps campaign of sort? It will quickly become really annoying. I understand the need of it being RP and not a light decision to take, but it should be made more... interesting?
    How would you make it more interesting?

IMO covenant should just have been access to class transmog and new class design for spells and abilities, the rest should have been left out to player outside of covenant choices.

Your lucky you can even change them at all im sure blizzard wasn't planing it to be a temporary thing in the first place semi temporary is better then permanent.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2020-09-06 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    How would you make it more interesting?
    By doing a scenario dedicated exclusively for the covenant you have to join, that should be solo and rewardful. Not WQ madness with % bar to grind weeks after weeks.

A scenario like a Trial to judge you worthy would be neat. You have two steps to do and it's one step a week or one step every 2 or 3 days.

The scenario would revolves around the covenant flavor.