Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    So much bad experiences with LC here, are you playing in guilds filled with 13 year olds or something? Both the retail guild I'm in and the Classic guild I'm in use LC, and it works really well in both. Loot is not siphoned to guild leaders girlfriends and other shit I read here, but it gets distributed in the way the raid group benefits of it the most. Stuff like good caster one handers are prioritized to people who have prefarmed AV offhand, clear +1 rules for weapons/rings/trinkets, etc.
    Shit, simp led guilds hoping they get laid for handing over loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakhar View Post
    Go to guild with dkp, council loot is a scam.
    na,dkp is extremly shit system(the basic dkp version atleast) that promotes a toxic and actual scaming enviroment,been in a few dkp guilds,was the worst,when i joined a loot council guild things just whent so much smoother,granted over the years i stoped being a loot whore so that could account for my feelings being different also

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh if you're going to bother to bring a balance druid, you might as well give them equal priority.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to "min/max" who gets what pieces of loot and at the same time not "min/max" your actual raid composition. You either care about performance or you don't, something between is kinda bullshit.

We have some priorities on items (warlocks get first dibs on some hit gear, while mages get the crit gear, all within reason). At the same time, our one "meme" spec gets to roll on things like Neltharion's Tear. Even if something is BiS for our shadow priest (some gear that has critical strike and spell damage on it), we usually give it to others first because it's not as efficient for him.

At the end of the day just make sure your rules make sense. If you bring "meme" specs you've already disregarded 'min/max' and you should just let them roll on shit as long as it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I was on a loot council once. Yes, it was a complete scam - we all left the next day once we realised what a joke it was. Possibly some run it fairly, but this was literally "bro, shes my girlfriend, we let your girlfriend have [item] last week, so now its her turn".

"giggle giggle teehee thanks guys omg thanks so much, now i can come slightly less last on the meters!"

In wrath i watched a guild disintegrate right before my eyes over EXACTLY the same thing. I dont remember the item, but it was a trinket from memory. They begged me to tank for them (i knew two of the raiders) i said i would tank, but i was main spec boomkin. Was clear as day for everyone - posted by myself and RL at the start that i would be rolling boomy MS. Item drops, i win, LootMaster gives it to a priest, because, and i quote, "she REALLY wants that trinket though and is trying REALLY hard to get better". I glanced at the meter and didnt see her, so asked why a healer would want the trinket. "oh, shes not healing bro, shes shadow".

I wasnt in the officer Ventrillo, but suddenly people started leaving the raid. Then the guild, and then it was just screaming and yelling and everyone left. I just kinda stood there wondering wtf had just happened, then hearthed.

tldr if there is loot drama, find another guild. DKP is fucking stupid for such outdated and simple content, but, i am fortunate to play with a bunch of adults who dont really care about it. We literally roll MS/OS, and people pass on stuff all the time if its not much of an upgrade. But i am fortunate, like i said, and i realise not everyone has a group like that.
    Been in a loot council guild since mop,never have there been issues,no ones girlfriend gets any prio SPECIALY if they suck,our own fucking guild master benched his gf multiple times because she wasnt good enough,the council is fair and orientated on progress,the loot goes to whomever gets the most benefit and who is in the main progress figths for whatever boss needs killing next etc

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Been in a loot council guild since mop,never have there been issues,no ones girlfriend gets any prio SPECIALY if they suck,our own fucking guild master benched his gf multiple times because she wasnt good enough,the council is fair and orientated on progress,the loot goes to whomever gets the most benefit and who is in the main progress figths for whatever boss needs killing next etc
    Yeah that's awesome - if you can find a grp like that, it makes everything so much smoother. I know a guy who was kicked from a mythic raid grp because he equiped a bis boe cloak (from memory, 99% sure it was cloak) instead of selling it for the guild bank. There was absolutely no loot rule stating it was the way to go, and there was no discussion until someone had a cry.

Loot makes ppl do weird shit.

Well Moonkins don't have alot of talent benefits that mages do, however alot of it does come from Vanilla and even private servers because most PS make the fights harder so it "feels like" how the raids were in their prime where they weren't cleared in 15min. But the fact is, Classic isn't Vanilla. Boomkins/Spriests were shunned because they had mana issues and fights would out last their mana and they would....become useless, outside of the buffs they bring.
    BUT in classic the fights are so short that it really doesn't matter. Boomkin....Spriest, i've seen both top fights over mages/Warlocks. Naturally they won't beat a rogue or warrior or even a fire mage(THE ONE fire mage, the others will be bottom of the meters) but Boomkins and Sp can keep up with majority of ranged dps, so this whole "loot goes to this class first" shouldn't exist.

It will come back in TBC though, get ready for all those DST arguments on who gets it first....rogue...warrior....hunter? feral druid? it'll always be there, entitled children.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah that's awesome - if you can find a grp like that, it makes everything so much smoother. I know a guy who was kicked from a mythic raid grp because he equiped a bis boe cloak (from memory, 99% sure it was cloak) instead of selling it for the guild bank. There was absolutely no loot rule stating it was the way to go, and there was no discussion until someone had a cry.

Loot makes ppl do weird shit.
    Oh i know,i used to rly care about loot many years ago,but at some point i grew up and it stoped being so important to me,but damn the boe kick is crazy lol,the only rule we have for those is...you need it?equip it,someone else needs it?give it to them,no1 needs it?you sell it,we do boosts for gold so we dont need that for guild banks or whatever,but i guess there are some people out there who think ''MY BOE MY LOOT FK U!I SELL QQ MAOR SCRUB LUL KEKW''

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    So much bad experiences with LC here, are you playing in guilds filled with 13 year olds or something? Both the retail guild I'm in and the Classic guild I'm in use LC, and it works really well in both. Loot is not siphoned to guild leaders girlfriends and other shit I read here, but it gets distributed in the way the raid group benefits of it the most. Stuff like good caster one handers are prioritized to people who have prefarmed AV offhand, clear +1 rules for weapons/rings/trinkets, etc.
    This. I feel sorry for all the people here that, according to them, are surrounded by terrible and egocentric people.

But I guess that's MMOChampion forums in a nutshell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oomkin will also often be put in the healing role for whatever reason.