10+ Year Old Account
    I've called Trump a manipulative bigoted con man over the past 48 hours and the only side that's throwing a fit is the one in Biden's corner.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've called Trump a manipulative bigoted con man over the past 48 hours and the only side that's throwing a fit is the one in Biden's corner.
    Sweet, still have it in my browser:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

What corner are you, where the only thing you seem to be interested in discussing, is voters... not who they are voting for. I want to call you an X supporter, then bitch about how you people suck.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    We could certainly spend a lot of time discussing Biden's solutions to our current set of problems.
    Biden has no solution to the problems. He is the embodiment of most of them, just as Trump is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Sweet, still have it in my browser:

What corner are you, where the only thing you seem to be interested in discussing, is voters... not who they are voting for. I want to call you an X supporter, then bitch about how you people suck.
    Any one who is voting for either of the two main candidates is functionally retarded.

Yes, we are fully aware that people who follow Fox News and altright media, are not aware of any solutions that have been provided by Biden. It’s like a repeat at this point... it’s a great tact too... saves so much time than actually reading and discussing the solutions.
    For the four hundredth time, people outside the US exist. Most of them, SHOCK HORROR, DON'T LIKE EITHER CANDIDATE OR THEIR SUPPORTERS.

You seem to have enormous difficulty understanding this.

Biden will do whatever Wall St tells him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course, most on here will say it is Trump's fault.
    Did you say something loser? Why does the opinion of a sucker matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a bot? I didn’t say you are either’s supporter... It’s not like Jock is running for office... /rimshot
    You implied I watch Fox News.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! While some of the deep separation with the two parties can be contributed to Trump, the reason is related to both sides drifting away from their positions they have held in the past. With the Republicans and Democrats both being responsible. No matter who wins, this division is not going away anytime soon.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! While some of the deep separation with the two parties can be contributed to Trump, the reason is related to both sides drifting away from their positions they have held in the past. With the Republicans and Democrats both being responsible. No matter who wins, this division is not going away anytime soon.
    Trump has no policy... what are you talking about? Trump is running on nothing, but fear mongering. There are no solutions, just blame and acting like 4 more years of Trump, will be different than the last 4 years of Biden...

Edit: Trump is running, as if he forgot that he has been president for the last year.

Edit 2: You think it’s a good idea to end race sensitivity training and call it unAmerican during active protesting? You think other presidents doing the opposite, resulting in quick ends to protests, might have been a better idea? No other president would act this way...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-06 at 01:07 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Guys, seriously. We aren’t talking about things @PACOX thinks are important. Can we get list of topics that are ok with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Guys, seriously. We aren’t talking about things @PACOX thinks are important. Can we get list of topics that are ok with you?
    Here is one:

Conservatives and Liberals worried about which candidate can give the best speech when Trump is stripping away housing

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ent-aid-408594

Come on people.
    At the risk of cross thread or double posting... As I said when this was discussed... Yeah, this is Trump kicking the can past the election. Using the CDC, which someone said would result in a lot of lawsuits.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't agree on a lot but this is the truth.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Found the discussion you were looking for:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...to-work/page15

As I already said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

@PACOX let’s discuss... here is Biden’s solution:

Joe Biden’s surprisingly visionary housing plan, explained
    https://www.vox.com/2020/7/9/2131691...plan-section-8
    Joe Biden has a housing policy agenda that is ambitious, technically sound, and politically feasible, and that would — if implemented — be life-changing for millions of low-income and housing-insecure households.

According to original modeling by Columbia University scholars, it could cut child poverty by a third, narrow racial opportunity gaps, and potentially drive progress on the broader middle-class affordability crisis in the largest coastal cities as well.

The plan hasn’t stirred an intraparty debate or really much attention at all, which could make it politically feasible to enact.

“Biden’s plan is bold, comprehensive, and will go a long way in making sure every American has a home,” Mary Cunningham, the vice president for metropolitan housing and communities policy at the Urban Institute, tells me. “It’s plainly obvious, in the middle of this pandemic, that home is more important than ever.”
    What do you think?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-06 at 01:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will go away if democrats win Texas, as it would cut off any realistic path to the presidency for republicans, therefore substantially decreasing their ability to fundraise and persuade big donors.

I hope this happens, as it will bring meaningful reform of all aspects of our government in 90 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Conservatives and Liberals worried about which candidate can give the best speech when Trump is stripping away housing

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ent-aid-408594

Come on people.
    YOU are the one that keeps bringing it back around now. Take your own advice if you think people can only focus on one thing at a time.

During my lifetime, I have never seen such division between political parties. The degree of hatred and disagreements have reached the point, there is no room for debate. Too far apart for it to work. You see that in this forum. It is a waste of time and effort to even try to discuss it. Of course, most on here will say it is Trump's fault.
    Oh the irony.

You are right especially in this forum where a trump supporter (you) refuses to discuss anything by putting 98% of the people here on ignore that disagree with him because he argues in bad faith.

At this point you are just a parrot who hits and run topics and comments. Hard to have a debate with someone who so easily gets offended by anyone but Trump/Trump supporters. Hell you threatened to put someone on ignore because of "your vs you're".....

Of course, most on here will say it is Trump's fault.
    at some point you need to do some self reflection and maybe think why the vast majority of the people in this country also feel this way? Maybe just maybe it might be true?

- - - Updated - - -

Day 6 of defunding social security...

In 2019, $944.5 billion (89 percent) of total Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Disability Insurance income came from payroll taxes

what's a few hundred billion a month between friends!!

This was stupid when Obama did it, its stupid now.

The best part of this is the program and rules are such a cluster fuck that many companies are just out right refusing to do it.
    So bad that somehow they want to put companies on the hook for collecting the back taxes if an employee quits.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/tr...ecks-heres-why

It's unclear what would happen if employees pocket the windfall, then stop working at their companies before the end of April, either because they quit their job or were laid off or furloughed. According to the guidance, companies can "make arrangements to otherwise collect the total applicable taxes from the employee."

“Given the numerous implementation challenges, remaining outstanding questions, and the extremely short implementation period, employers are likely to continue withholding and remitting payroll taxes to the Treasury,” Caroline Harris, vice president of tax policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, told FOX Business.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It will go away if democrats win Texas, as it would cut off any realistic path to the presidency for republicans, therefore substantially decreasing their ability to fundraise and persuade big donors.

I hope this happens, as it will bring meaningful reform of all aspects of our government in 90 years.
    To win Texas, Democrats need to increase voter turnout. The state consistently ranked at the bottom in voter turnout which is dominated by GOP voters. In 2018, Cruz defeated Beto 50.9 vs. 48.3 – 2.6% difference. It was supposed to be one of the highest mid-term voter turnout at 45.6%. Compare that to CA (57.6), Florida (54.3), Colorado (61.4), Minnesota (64.2), Connecticut (54.8) and Montana (61.3). Another 10% increase in voter turnout could easily be the difference of that 2.6%. Especially considering that the majority of Texas non voters are people of colors.

It boils down to the fact that after losing for so long, a lot of Democratic voters in Texas feel that their votes do not count anymore. The same way a lot of GOP voters feel in California. What they do not realize is that the margin between GOP and Democratic voters in Texas is nowhere remotely close to that in California. I believe that is the reason why Texas does not publish their registered voters breakdown by party affiliation. They do not want Democrats to realize how close they are to parity in the number of voters.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-06 at 08:11 PM.

During my lifetime, I have never seen such division between political parties. The degree of hatred and disagreements have reached the point, there is no room for debate. Too far apart for it to work. You see that in this forum. It is a waste of time and effort to even try to discuss it. Of course, most on here will say it is Trump's fault.
    It happens when you have an overly racist party that is trying to go full fascist, and the Democrats that haven't really changed much.

Its not Trump's fault.

Its conservative's fault.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If you're an older conservative then you should remember the 80s and 90s. The republican party turned religion into a weapon. They wanted to divide people. In the 90s especially media, like talk radio, to start radicalizing their base into hating the left. This continued until present day using different methods like FOX news and now the internet.

The GOP's goal for the past four decades has been to divide. They want their side hating the shit out of the other so they are super motivated to come out and vote. They've made absolutely zero effort to improve and try to win over people on the left. They've done the opposite. The republican party doesn't want people to work together. They want a constant fight.

This is highlighted by the fact that in order to maintain power republicans have depended on voter suppression, not winning over voters. Without that and lopsided representation on every level, they would have already collapsed.

Trump couldn't be a more perfect candidate to represent what republicans have done to themselves. He has no solutions. He doesn't give a shit about anyone other than himself. He doesn't even understand what the problems are that we all face. He just wants to stir up shit, get everyone fighting, and hope at the end of it he's still in office.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-09-06 at 11:46 PM.

Id hope it'd take more than a page before you needed a reminder. We no longer have the ability to store the massive amount of irony being generated from your blind hypocrisy.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The best part of this is the program and rules are such a cluster fuck that many companies are just out right refusing to do it.
    Trump is promising to make the cut permanent. It’s one of the few policy points he has. The projection I am pointing out, with defunding by 2023, is if the tax cut is implemented in January 2021. It being started in September 2020, should move the clock up, but I have not seen that date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Id hope it'd take more than a page before you needed a reminder. We no longer have the ability to store the massive amount of irony being generated from your blind hypocrisy.
    I would just like to point out, the person he agreed with, will be losing his Social Security, Medicare and VA benefits, if Trump’s plans are enacted. Things that would explicitly be reinforced in the Biden plan... but, because we can boil down everything to the lowest common denominator on Twitter... they are all the same... even if Trump is the lowest denominator on Twitter, competing with middle aged KPop fans...