Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    Well said. High functioning depression can definitely be like that: high-functioning until it isn't anymore.
    It's really frustrating because if you take those self care days you're less likely to build up all this internal pressure and collapse into pile of broken pieces. But if you do the smart thing you're a "lazy cunt." And if you do what your peers and bosses demand, push yourself past your limit and break down, you were "weak."

These people just want us to not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Huh so people think depression means you never try to do anything... ever. Okay... no ups and downs nope. No personal days nope.
    I see a psychiatrist and take a couple different medications for my depression/anxiety/panic disorder but I feel like before I got help even if I was on an "up" day of which there were very few I still wouldn't be going to a beach or drinking beers with friends, I lost so much time around the house already so I'd be trying to do as much as I could around the house before I dove head first into the darkness again.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I see a psychiatrist and take a couple different medications for my depression/anxiety/panic disorder but I feel like before I got help even if I was on an "up" day of which there were very few I still wouldn't be going to a beach or drinking beers with friends, I lost so much time around the house already so I'd be trying to do as much as I could around the house before I dove head first into the darkness again.
    My friend spent months inside but we still went out sparingly and that’s when they were off meds. It can be tough and I know. It took like eight months to get them back on meds.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed. Keep in mind that disorders and illnesses (mental or physical) aren't appropriate topics to joke about or ask advice for. If you need help, please see a professional.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."