Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    what have ppl expected from a game completely in milkthecow mode ?

besides that and the obvious „crap shit“ result of that, my personal oppinion:

from a single main players perspective: not hot. but there where worse xpacs. a 3-4/10 or so.
    from a alt playing players perspective: most shit garbage of universe. 0/10
    from a pvp players perspective: wanna pvp ? find another game. 0/10

for me personally it was way more worse than WoD or Cata, even when i liked some things in BfA overall, for a simple reason: i had fun in WoD and Cata playing alts.

so, all in all i give it a solid 2.8/10

Honestly... The worst to date. And I do say 'to date' because Shadowlands is shaping up to be worse, but for other reasons

The good:

8.1 was good. No essences, no benthic lottery, no corruptions, raid was great. It did have warforging/titanforging, which was really bad
    Art prior to 8.3.

The bad

Class design is garbage. Some specs have only started to be fun once you're stacking corruptions up the ass
    GCD
    Launch was terrible
    RNG on RNG on RNG
    First expansion in a long time that got worse as it progressed. 8.2 was good, but Nazjatar was a big let down, and benthic lottery was horrible. Some essence grinds were awful for anyone playing more than one class. 8.3 corruptions are the worst system ever implemented

There's nothing lasting from this expansion. There's no tier sets to collect, so Warlords gets the 1-up on BfA for that. Even if it was cut short. I still do visit my garrison on occasion and still do warlords raids for tier set transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    BoD is a top tier raid. Zuldazar is a great zone and Zandalar in general was really cool. The systems were horrible though. Better than WoD, worse than Cata.
    yep, would sign that.

if they traded their fucked cheap shit gear systems against embedding good story into above mentioned stuff and just let ppl play their alts, when they out of things to do, or maybe not cluster fucked up pvp, well... then...

in short: BfA HAD a great platform. BfA had COULD become a great deep dive xpac, or at least a good MoP 2.0 candidate. instead they took the good platform (good zones, good styles, good music, good intros and quests like daughter of the sea or talanji and rastakhan) and spit some super cheap shit cost effective systems and a horrible cheap story on top of it. some content recycling here, some cheap shit there, on top of cheap grind shit, and finished was the milk the cow xpac.

sad. it HAD its platform. and was wasted in cheap shit and descisions made by greedy Activi$$ion Blizzgreed idiots.

PS: Thats the reason why i expect ZERO from SL. because even when its looking good and at the moment (covenants discussions asside) seems to have a good platform, i know for 10000% sure that it will again just be a cheap shit fest, that in the end made nothing out of a good starting platform.

hopefully we can at least play alts in freedom. but i not even trust that.

if i am honest: after 15 years of uninterrupted sub, Blizz lost me with their Legion and BfA shit.

and i see no reason, why SL should be something else.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-07 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I'm not saying WoD was good. I'm just saying that as a very gameplay-focused person, it was far better than the RNG lottery of Legion. Legion had the potential to be a great expansion, but it completely flopped because of Legendaries, Titanforging, class design, and the AP grind.
    The execution of peripheral game designs outside of the two main forms of content - raid and pvp - was really bad in WoD. Raid logging was a real thing. And to be fair that's fine. I'd rather have a game that was really enjoyable in short bursts, such as excellent raids and fun pvp, than have a game that is just drawing out my engagement over a longer period of time for ... reasons.

WoD was great if you logged in for raids or to do some arena games and then logged off for the week. i would prefer that over having to grind AP or the same things over and over for corruptions or a chance at a legiondary

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Worst fucking expansion ever put out. Everything about it was shit except for art and music
    And mogs

I really hope that blizzard dont do shit with essences and conevants, because azerite was terrible af

But BfA will be remarked by bad content and terrible class design
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Everything about the expansion was terrible in every way.

Class design, dungeons, raids were ok but not great, pvp is the worst state it's ever been. So many issues, azerite garbage, artifact grind, it's just all absolutely awful.
    So, everything was terrible.... yet class design, dungeons and raids were ok? at least try and make sense

Amazing raids (skipped nyalotha), great dungeons, couple of great mythic+ seasons (reaping was great fun), great visuals and music throughout the expansion as always, 8.2 was a great patch with so much to do, etc etc... i liked it a lot.

Ofcourse there were issues... azerite was horrible at start with how you obtained it, the constant AP grinds are tiresome, and i'd say island expeditions and warfronts were some of the worst features ever introduced to WoW. As said above, i skipped .3 with corruptions (playing classic) so won't judge that part.

Solid 7/10, still vastly superior to WoD.

Also, results are completely predictable. Knee-jerk reaction votes, an extended expansion due to covid-19 and the like, so its obviously gonna take massive amounts of 'worst ever!11". Ask again in 2years and it will be higher rated than it is right now and everyone will be bashing shadowlands.

Hell, even Legion got bashed as hell at its end period, and its now considered one of the best expansions ever.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2020-09-07 at 03:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    pros:
    mogs & mounts
    Art & music

Cons

Every fucking thing, with writing and class design being the worst dumpster fire of all

I'd put BfA way ahead of BC and Cata
    A bit ahead of WoD.
    Behind LK and Legion
    On par with MoP.

I found it a lot of fun, also unlike earlier expansions (pre WoD) - loved how no grinding was required.

The bad - warfronts and islands. disjointed storyline
    The good - azerite armour a big improvement over Tier pieces, awesome zones.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

BFA was hot garbage. From the ridiculous major storyline to the godawful systems they added. In WoD at least I had fun pvping because my class still felt pretty good.

When shadowlands was announced I had negative hype for it. It didn’t sound at all like they were on the right track. After all they’ve revealed now, it still doesn’t. The only interesting thing is how many customizations they added to my night elf. Nothing else sounds more interesting than “meh.” I thought the same about MoP, and ended up really enjoying it. So that’s my only hope for SL, that it will be a sleeper hit.

But, fuck BFA.

It knocked WoD out of last place for me. It's basically Legion without the bells and whistles, and the bells and whistles were what made Legion decent to begin with.

My main criterion for judging expansions has always been how much they improve the game, and lets just say BfA is dead last in that regard too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mediocre.

I hate borrowed power and the neck/azerite system, but I also hated it in Legion with the weapons, too. The only thing Legion had going for it in this regard was the all the cool class-centric stuff surrounding it. Frankly I find it a little weird that people give Legion a pass on stuff they critique BfA for. Legion might have been a more solid expansion overall but these shitty systems we have in BfA are just new iterations of shitty systems from Legion.

I don't generally pay a ton of attention to lore/story/writing stuff because it's pretty much always subpar with WoW; that isn't new. I thought some particular storylines this expansion were good. I liked Zandalari stuff, and I thought Jaina's arc was decent (especially compared to how bad its been in the past). The main storyline was the usual bundle of tired tropes and cliches. "Faction war" is probably the worst main theme to me after the laugh of Warlords. Zzzz.

Music was great, cinematics were solid, and the Warbringer shorts were fucking excellent.

I think every expansion's questing experience improves upon the prior expansion's. Leveling in BfA was solid. I don't really like leveling (especially after the first time) but it was as good as it's ever been. The pacing was good. Drustvar was awesome. Every expac they get better at utilising things like phasing and whatnot with less bugs and wonky behaviours.

World quest system continues to be better than dailies, so that was an improvement. But better still was that I thought the assaults were the perfect amount of "chores" for the game; doing something three times a week (with supportive dailies that are a little helpful but not enough to feel necessary) feels much better and more balanced than daily obligation tasks.

Love M+, more than Legion even. I could do M+ all day. Some great dungeons, some shitty ones.

Alt support and alt-friendliness was terrible. I had almost no desire to play any alts until well into the expansion, thanks to both my lack of desire to level and the obnoxiousness of the neck/essence/etc system. Once we got the XP buff (and since by then we could buy essences on alts), I did end up leveling a few alts for heritage armor though.

I liked all the new variations on the venomsaur/wintersabre quests with the pterodactyl/direhorn/bee.

Flying took way too fucking long, but I think that's going to be the pattern from now on. I have zero beef with having to level the first character on the ground, nor with the concept of having to unlock flying via achievements that demonstrate you've thoroughly played and explored the content, but I do have a beef with an arbitrary wait time tacked on.

But mostly importantly, I generally liked the raiding. Raid quality usually ends up being the biggest factor to me, which is also why I didn't hate Warlords, either. Uldir was the weakest, with some cool bosses but also some big annoyances, but I thought BoD was really solid (encounterwise, the story was lolwtf), and I liked Nyalotha and EP well enough. Probably the second-weakest expansion for me in terms of raiding (after Cata) but good enough that I still overall enjoyed playing it.

Edit: totally forgot about warfronts and islands, two of the biggest expansion "features" - shows how much they resonated with me lol. Strongly disliked the former - way too long and unfun. I'm indifferent to the latter. At least islands were quick and had decent rewards, although the obligation to do them early in the expansion for the AP grind burnt me out on them pretty quick. Warfronts really had nothing positive going for them, although I guess I don't mind the new zone phase itself with collectibles and whatnot.

Visions were fun on some classes/specs (the first few weeks anyway) but absolutely abysmal on others. I like the concept of challenges like this on paper, but the tuning and design needs to be way better so the divide in difficulty between specs is more reasonable. I don't think the implementation here was very consistent.

Didn't really like profession design. Somehow this just keeps getting worse over time, it seems.

Mount equipment was a pretty rad feature though. I think it being consumables rather than being actual equipment you can switch around was kinda dumb but I like being able to use whatever the fuck mount I want.

8.2 and 8.3 were both pretty good patches.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-09-07 at 08:01 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Right in the middle for me. If 8.2 wasn't so much fun, I probably would have rated it a lot lower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classes being terrible and doing no damage and feeling like poop to play combined with the neck restrictions made the game basically unplayable for me. I would come back every raid tier but not be able to wear any gear or do anything or use any essence. That's not even an exaggeration.

Okay, sure, I'll bite the grind bullet.. Hold on, what am I grinding my neck for? So I can do nothing in PVP? Barely be above tanks in damage? Hit like complete ass with my abilities? Why would I want to invest into that? And you can see the vicious cycle of defeat starting to appear. It didn't end after the neck, you still needed the right az combo, have to actually level the essences, get the correct corruptions. Just so I can barely do anything lmao.

I'd rather just play other games.

Not the best, but neither not the worse and certainly does not feel as bad as people say it is.

The usual suspects of contents were there. They tried a few new things, did not work as well as they hope. Azerite systems proved to be unpopular. I can see why they tried it but just confirmed people are really just interested in one thing. More POW POW POW. Utility, different abilities? Nope. Not interested. Just more POW.

Zones, I like the split. It made choosing a faction relevant. See the stories from different sides. I hope they continue with this in some form. A few zones that are primary faction exclusive.

Story wise, terrible writing about the whole faction wars and ally recruitment. Especially Sylvannas. At this rate, I really hope they retire her for good. As for her Champion, they probably turned him into some kind of villan in the future. A Garrosh 3.0. 2.0 is taken.

I would give a 6.5. Overall. My opinion, as per usual.

Mediocre. I'll give a lot of praise on the art, raid design, leveling, quest chains that sort of thing, but when the mechanics fail (islands, warfronts, azerite armor, corruptions) that's kind of central to the whole thing.

It's hard to be fair knowing I'd rank vanilla, BC, and WotLK a lot lower now despite enjoying them a lot at the time since I've increased my standards a lot with most expansions having at least a few "this is so perfect I can't imagine ever playing wow without it again" features that got carried forward.

BFA has allied races on that front I suppose, and I say the new player customizations count as continuing that legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

bfa still better than legion .. respec re-farm everything again !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cry Me A River View Post
    bfa still better than legion .. respec re-farm everything again !!
    Objectively wrong opinion.

BFA was absolute dogshit.

Aggressively mediocre.

It was certainly bad, i cannot possibly know how bad it was because i have rarely played since the first couple months of Wotlk, but the fact that i was subbed for so many consecutive months for the first time in years and i didn't feel like logging in at all speaks from itself.

The upside:
    - the visuals were stunning in the 1st half of the expansion
    - the war campaign was also a nice change of focus, albeit executed sub-optimally

The downside:
    - introduction of double-edge mechanics, cultimating in the corruption system
    - the whole azerite debacle; the initial powers were imbalanced and blizzard just kept adding fuel to the fire patch by patch
    - massive RNG-reliance in anything gear realted throughout the whole expansion (1st it was titanforges, then corruptions)
    - the endgame of corruption; rarely have we ever had anything of the proportions corruption vendor caused --- and by that i mean completely broken specs with stat-stacking galore

Overall BFA was just a bad experience wrapped into shiny paper (and by that i mean visuals), meaning your best way to enjoy it is probably to sub for a month, play the content and unsub before you notice all the glaring issues it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    pros:
    mogs
    And they even half-assed those...
    With only having 4 mogs per tier, sharing models with the PvP sets.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-09-07 at 05:56 AM.