Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'm not trying to argue against anything you are saying or derail the thread but are you talking about the EA first person shooter game Battlefield 2 which had maps such as Strike At Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula etc. ?

That was the last battlefield game I played and I played it from around release till the player data servers went down (I know there was a workaround to continue playing after that but I didn't bother).

If we are talking about the same Battlefield 2, what was the pay 2 win element?
    I think he meant Battlefront 2 the star wars game

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    -snip-
    I'm pretty sure that's also a reference to something, pop culture reference. I also think there's an achievement in wow called that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's also a reference to something, pop culture reference. I also think there's an achievement in wow called that.
    It's from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when the dolphins leave the planet.

My guild said it to me before patch 3.0, when achievements were added to the game though.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    Come October my subscription to WoW will end and that will be it. Not saying I will be gone forever as I hate putting down absolutes, but it feels things have come to a pass. I'm a completionist from start (January 2005) to finish, and when I say that I mean reputations, quests, pets, mounts, and toys - however WoW Tokens in BFA broke my love for WoW. I know they have been around since 2015, but gold wasn't lifted up like it has in BFA where a freakin variant for a frog mount is $50 (credit, but same thing). When so many things now can be purchased with a credit card, or at least you feel that to access everything in a game you are paying for a sub and expansions is frustrating. I could tolerate this if WoW was free to play, but when I see one of the most desired mounts in the game costing $760....

Yes - the Dino is an extreme example, but everything now has obscene gold prices compared to past expansions, and that is including the many BoE items now dependent on harsh RNG so they also demand high gold prices on the AH, which can all be translated to real money - why am I playing when things that use to be a feat of strength can be copied with a credit card? Raid gear use to be a sign of personal accomplishment now its a credit card away, want that pet/mount/toy that is a credit card away, if the top guild requires borrowing $40,000 US worth of in-game currency to win then what is the point of playing a rigged game? No one tolerated Battlefield 2 when it was pay to win, why should WoW get a pass?

The Real Money Auction House ruined Diablo 3, and with the BFA the WoW Token has ruined WoW.

It took the entire expansion, but Blizzard you did something I never thought possible you've become the WoW-Killer.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (I mean it, those fishing related content resulted in a lot of fish)
    at least someone that finally realized, how ATVI Blizzard is makin a whole part of their profit these days. applause for that (seriously). since 90% of the members here, not get in the slightest, what smart cash grab systems are and how and why wow game design is arranged these days.

sad to hear/see that your hobby gone downwards. but imo everything you said is true here. and i am in the same boat, for other reasons. i really do not like in what direction wow has gone the last few years. and Blizz and how they make money. but after 15 years, maybe its time to find something new.

anyway. good luck. have fun. and dont forget your towel!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-07 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this is all inaccurate... WoD and Legion game systems that allowed players to make tons of gold without much of any effort or time investment are responsible for the gold inflation, not tokens... Tokens don't print gold out of thin air, they just move it from one player to another.

Tokens had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Raid gear use to be a sign of personal accomplishment now its a credit card away
    Oh you sweet summer child... It's always been that way, all the way back to vanilla, you not knowing about it doesn't mean it didn't exist.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-09-07 at 07:43 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Come October my subscription to WoW will end and that will be it. Not saying I will be gone forever as I hate putting down absolutes, but it feels things have come to a pass. I'm a completionist from start (January 2005) to finish, and when I say that I mean reputations, quests, pets, mounts, and toys - however WoW Tokens in BFA broke my love for WoW. I know they have been around since 2015, but gold wasn't lifted up like it has in BFA where a freakin variant for a frog mount is $50 (credit, but same thing). When so many things now can be purchased with a credit card, or at least you feel that to access everything in a game you are paying for a sub and expansions is frustrating. I could tolerate this if WoW was free to play, but when I see one of the most desired mounts in the game costing $760....

Yes - the Dino is an extreme example, but everything now has obscene gold prices compared to past expansions, and that is including the many BoE items now dependent on harsh RNG so they also demand high gold prices on the AH, which can all be translated to real money - why am I playing when things that use to be a feat of strength can be copied with a credit card? Raid gear use to be a sign of personal accomplishment now its a credit card away, want that pet/mount/toy that is a credit card away, if the top guild requires borrowing $40,000 US worth of in-game currency to win then what is the point of playing a rigged game? No one tolerated Battlefield 2 when it was pay to win, why should WoW get a pass?

The Real Money Auction House ruined Diablo 3, and with the BFA the WoW Token has ruined WoW.

It took the entire expansion, but Blizzard you did something I never thought possible you've become the WoW-Killer.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (I mean it, those fishing related content resulted in a lot of fish)
    I know that feeling, the bloat in gold costs is obscene. Hell even the new recolored gryphons cost a ton already compared to the old mounts.
    I didn't mind it when it was just one gold-sink mount per expansion orso, but now that they've turned almost every bloody vendor mount into one it's just jarring.

Personally i see it as less to do with tokens though, they've been meaning to rein in gold inflation for a long time, but seeing as i didn't play during the time of WoD that inflation passed me over (i had quit just before Firelands in cataclysm and restarted during the prepatch of Legion).

I'm a completionist from start (January 2005) to finish, and when I say that I mean reputations, quests, pets, mounts, and toys
    why am I playing when things that use to be a feat of strength can be copied with a credit card?
    I don't want to say no amount of money but the amount of money and breaking of ToS it would require to get you to first place on DFA's https://www.dataforazeroth.com/leade...mpletion-score completion score would be insane, more than that 40k top guilds spent.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    its a well known quote from Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this is the reason that made you quit, good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caaaan
    I haaaave
    your stUUUUUUFFFF ♪
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If WoW Tokens is your excuse for leaving, I'd like to know what the real reason is for leaving - because WoW Tokens has zero effect on anything if you don't use them, literally zero.
    this is the most stupid, most short thought answer, i ever heard in a forum. seriously.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sell boosts to scrubs. Sell things at the start of the expansion when they're worth lots. IDK what to tell you peasants. Money's meaninglessly easy to get if you're not useless and lazy. IDK why you'd get so mad that you can't buy a stupid mount lol
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not Tokens' fault.
    I started WoD with ~10k total gold on all my characters. I ended WoD with over 1 million. The only profession stuff I did was at the very start selling darkmoon cards, and that "only" made me ~50k. The rest was purely through the garrison.
    Then in Legion I did the same thing, ending Legion with ~2mil gold spread over my characters through the orderhalls.

And I was lazy, I had 10+ max level characters both expansions, but only between 1 and 4 actually making money. Just imagine if I had all 10 of them making money? I'd probably have been at 4-5mil at the end of Legion, maybe more.

The only thing Tokens have done is spread wealth around from the super-rich to the poor, that doesn't make vendor mounts cost more. It might make things on the AH more expensive, but you can just get a couple more alts and make everything yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this is the most stupid
    I'm sorry you find the truth stupid ... a common affliction these days sadly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

bfa didnt introduce tokens

While im with OP in terms of everything gold realed right now can be translated into RL currency the fact remains that with a WoW Token you only trade existing gold between players, you dont generate it out of thin air.

WoW had to create huge gold sinks like the Brutosaur to decrease the massive amount on currency amassed by people over the years. Things like Garisson farming were an unhealthy example of how gold generation shouldnt be possible ingame and there had to be something to get rid of that gold.

Personally i dont think the token is a bad thing and its original purpose is still intact - to stop people from buying gold from goldfarmers by generating a legal way to obtain gold from RL currency. I myself havent payed a cent for my subscription for as long as the Token exists and it still keeps me entertained to amass just enough gold to buy another Token before my subscription runs out. Also was i able to pre-purchase several Hearthstone expansions and Destiny 2 just with WoW gold. Without spending gold on that i could've afforded the brutosaur in an instant and maybe even a few tcg mounts. But knowing i saved a few hundred bucks and were able to have a lot of fun while doing so is reward enough. Depends on your priorities i'd say.

That wasn't because of the wow token mate, the insane gold sinks are due to wod garrisons, I still have a few million gold sat on bank alts from that bonanza.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And then afterwards they suddenly decided to completely reform the economy to stop runaway inflation, even though runaway inflation was the only thing that could possibly bring parity between the haves and have nots after the massive gold gains.
    Expensive auction house = easy money. Only requirement is being active. Not even farming, just knowing what to put on the AH. I had to send gold (mostly garrison and order hall table made) from all my characters to my main to buy the longboi. Had only around 200k left. But since I had vacation at launch I played a lot and while doing quests, I got a random epic drop. Would have been a huge upgrade for me, but actually was an even bigger upgrade for my wallet. Easily made me a millionaire again. And if unlucky, just throw everything into the auction house, especially crafting materials at the beginning of an expansion.

The tokens don't "create" money. Its not like you buy em and blizzard adds Gold to your account.

Buying a token just creates an Item, that you sell to somebody else. So someone has to farm the money. This is money already in the game.

That means if you sell two tokens for the frog, somebody else would have to farm the money for it without buying tokens (it wouldn't make sense if he also would buy a token, just to buy your token)

So it's not like it is impossible to farm the money without buying tokens. WoW always had expensive stuff only for the 'rich' players that farmed their ass of. You could buy molten core bracers in the AH in classic where only a few had the gold to buy them.

What you do is basically giving a free month to a player in trade of money, because you can't farm the money yourself. (not enough time or just can't handle money.. what ever, it doesn't matter)

So if the tokens don't create money, why is everything so expensive? It's because there is a lot of ways to farm tons of money now. People do world quests on every toon to generate thousands of gold every day.

You can have 50 characters on a server. Just imagine getting 2k gold with each of them every day. That's a 100k gold you can get just by doing 4 daily quests (if gold is the bonus for doing them) with every character. Of course it's hard to do this with 50 chars, the day only has 24 hours, but let's say you do it with 10. That's 20k gold a day.
    Thats 600k Gold a month.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    RMT is not a crime but against TOS.

As for OP. I quit threads are not premitted.
    Completionist or not.

Tho I am against removing anything from the game. Simply because it drives away new players as they think: "Is it even worth starting so late into a game" and the answer is most likely "NO" if they care about playing whole game without cut out quest lines and tons of unavailable stuff with more incoming.
    Blizzard has gone on record that one of the ways gold sellers get their gold is by taking over accounts from people foolish enough to buy those or other services, like boosting, which also gives them access to the credit cards used to pay for the accounts. So you have selling stolen property (selling stuff that belongs to Blizzard), credit card fraud, and certainly other cybercrimes.

Blizzard realized that the best way to get rid of the worst gold farmers was to provide a legitimate service they could regulate. People who would gladly pay $100 for 500,000g with the risk of getting banned probably wouldn't consider spending that same amount for 400,000g (throwing out random ballpark number for 3 tokens) with zero risk.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-09-07 at 08:44 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.