Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It would seem the vampiric boys have been at it all this time. They've played every side so far it would seem, except for the Titans. I haven't really seen a dreadlord infiltrating their ranks, but the writers seem to be presenting this like it doesn't matter simply because the Titans and their creations are predictable in their ways of ordering the universe.

The "cunning ones" definitely refers to them though. There's no mistaking it. Time to go to the Vindicaar and one-shot Lothraxion with Twilight Devastation.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-09-07 at 10:45 AM.

im hoping mythic has a secret phase where denathirus reveals hes a dreadlord

Sounds like this is just food for speculation and just the view of the writer. There is a clear plan, but it does not mean it was as successful as the writes wants to believe.

Why are people jumping to the assumption that the author of that document is a dreadlord? They are not the only cunning species in the cosmos. It's also very likely that the document refers to the brokers, mysterious beings who are able to bypass the veil between Life and Death, and have already captured beings from other cosmic planes (naaru, pit lords, who knows what else).

In fact, why is no one even mentioning brokers? Everyone in this forum went crazy when they saw a captured naaru and pitlord in Shadowlands, but now people suddenly forget that the brokers exist and have already meddled with the other cosmic forces.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-07 at 11:23 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why are people jumping to the assumption that the author of that document is a dreadlord? They are not the only cunning species in the cosmos. It's also very likely that the document refers to the brokers, mysterious beings who are able to bypass the veil between Life and Death, and have already captured beings from other cosmic planes (naaru, pit lords, who knows what else).

In fact, why is no one even mentioning brokers? Everyone in this forum went crazy when they saw a captured naaru and pitlord in Shadowlands, but now people suddenly forget that the brokers exist and have already meddled with the other cosmic forces.
    Well, if they are capturing them they don't look like allies Also aren't they just traders? And they don't look as cunning. It could be them but it wouldn't be as impactful or good, especially considering they are just introduced. As I said tho, it could still be them.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yeah, but they're not involved in this lore mess. So, they are out of the question right now.

Oh, dear... i already explained it a few pages ago (Plus, how could Sire Denathrius be a demon before fel corruption?):

"Our operative has already gained the trust of her target.
    And as previously discussed, our position within the plane of Disorder is proceeding flawlessly. Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one."

Meaning that this agent had to consume fel energies in order to infiltrate the plane of Disorder - which, most likely, turned him into a demon.

You, guys, talk about looks too much. We already know that Fel grants the user Horns, Scales, Bat Wings, Hooves, Fangs, Claws, Red or Green skin and Flames. This means that they could have drastically changed, look-wise, when consuming fel energies, but retained their vampiric characteristics.

Besides, what about the Stoneborn? These Gargoyles already have Bat Wings, Horns, Fangs and Claws, much like a Dreadlord.

Moreover, this was said about the Nathrezim, by an Observer, when examining the Codex of Xerrath, during the Green Fire questline in Mists of Pandaria: "Nathrezim, or the Dreadlords, as you call them, were once an enlightened and powerful race." This could very well mean that they were a different race once.
    San'Laum were brought for pure example

totaly agree with rest of the post

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317833/...on-written-by-

Full Book Text
    To our most wondrous and resplendent Master,

I am pleased to state that, after a lengthy study of our rivals, I have completed my observations.

Please accept this briefing in advance of my complete report, which shall follow forthwith.
    We anticipate that certain of our targets will be more challenging to topple than others. But each is prone to manipulation in different ways, and our agents have already woven themselves into their very fabric.

This is, after all, the solemn duty for which you sired us. As you are fond of saying: Once a desire is understood, it can be exploited.

Enough prologue. Allow me to summarize our findings.
    In many ways, the titans will be the easiest to manipulate. Their singular goal is to impose structure upon everything they see.

Show them a force that opposes their drive for Order, and they will be consumed by their urge to eradicate it.

Their pantheon, so seemingly united in purpose, is vulnerable to fracturing.
    The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst.

I believe we can leverage their vast reach to position them as a foil against our other rivals.

We remain wary, though. Since they are observant of multiple outcomes, it is conceivable they could anticipate our coming.

Similar to the titans, the naaru and their keepers are singular in purpose. Their adherence to a linear path is an obvious shortcoming.

They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly.
    The adherents to Life are the most insidious of opponents, perhaps because their nature is so antithetical to our own.

Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified.

Our operative has already gained the trust of her target.
    And as previously discussed, our position within the plane of Disorder is proceeding flawlessly. Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one.

The deception you have architected will bear fruit in the ages to come.
    As ever, we shall serve as your unseen hand. We will poison every host foolish enough to invite us into their midst.

I remain, as always, your faithful servant
    "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one" Yea... That is illidan.. and the 6 members of the Pantheon. Not sure its has anything beyond that,

"Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others," Same as above... the Pantheon

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Well, if they are capturing them they don't look like allies Also aren't they just traders? And they don't look as cunning. It could be them but it wouldn't be as impactful or good, especially considering they are just introduced. As I said tho, it could still be them.
    I mean, the Light wouldn't know that one of their own was abducted. The brokers can easily fake their allegiance to the Light while secretly plotting against them from within.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    Dreadlords have been referred to as "Cunning" for a long time in the Warcraft lore.

Dreadlords are also one of the few races that could fit in to the cosmology chart. We've seen Burning Legion Dreadlords, Void Dreadlords and Light Dreadlords. Wouldn't surprise me if we see others that serve the other cosmology powers at some point.
    btw they seem to be able disguising as different races and are best manipulators
    (malganis disguised as scarlet admiral, balnazzar as Scarlet commander etc, also there was a dreadlord who was behind Kalecegos in Sunwell raid)
    even a satyr was disguised as druid in Felwood

so there might be more dreadlords around disguised

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    btw they seem to be able disguising as different races and are best manipulators
    (malganis disguised as scarlet admiral, balnazzar as Scarlet commander etc, also there was a dreadlord who was behind Kalecegos in Sunwell raid)
    even a satyr was disguised as druid in Felwood

so there might be more dreadlords around disguised
    If there is a connection to Sire Denathrius and the denizens of Revendreth (IE them being the originator race for the Dreadlords) then perhaps the quote means that the Dreadlords serve all the powers on the cosmology charts (seeing them in the Legion, the Light and the Void) but their actual loyalty truly lies with the Shadowlands and undeath.

Food for thought atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one" Yea... That is illidan.. and the 6 members of the Pantheon. Not sure its has anything beyond that,

"Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others," Same as above... the Pantheon
    These quotes are referring to the 6 cosmic forces of the universe, not the pantheon of titans.

First quote is about some "agents" of death that trick all other cosmic forces as if they are serving them but actually only fulfilling the jailors agenda

The second quote is about the cosmic forces at war with each other and how death is coming to consume all the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It mentions Ardenweald and the operative has gain the trust of "her" target. The only female character I can think there that gained someone's trust would be Ysera and the Winter Queen but that doesn't make sense.
    I don't believe we know or have met the operative or her target yet. This letter has been written eons ago, well before the Ysera has even hatched. And well before any of the Wild Gods we know have come into existence. We know that most of them were naturally born animal elevated to their status by Freya. The only ones I see that could be older and whose histories are still not well fleshed out are Aessina, and loas like Mueh'zala and Bwon'samdi. The loa of Death may have been first a being of Life who had been corrupted by that agent the letter is talking about. Creating a Loa of Death may have been a way to exploit the link between the ED and Ardenweald. Or the target is a completely new character.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    However his feelings of friendship and affection towards Turalyon and Alleria seemed true. Perhaps he's just a really convincing actor, convincing enough that he'd let Xe'ra literally lightforge him.
    The biggest lie is the one you tell yourself. No sure where I heard that but I am guessing that is what he was doing to keep his cover.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I don't believe we know or have met the operative or her target yet. This letter has been written eons ago, well before the Ysera has even hatched. And well before any of the Wild Gods we know have come into existence. We know that most of them were naturally born animal elevated to their status by Freya. The only ones I see that could be older and whose histories are still not well fleshed out are Aessina, and loas like Mueh'zala and Bwon'samdi. The loa of Death may have been first a being of Life who had been corrupted by that agent the letter is talking about. Creating a Loa of Death may have been a way to exploit the link between the ED and Ardenweald. Or the target is a completely new character.
    I know, it was an early speculation before people pointed out the timeline is wrong on my part. While the "target" is interesting I'm more interested in the operative. Will she be the first female Nathrezim? I also assume she's taken on some form to hide her true nature.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I know, it was an early speculation before people pointed out the timeline is wrong on my part. While the "target" is interesting I'm more interested in the operative. Will she be the first female Nathrezim? I also assume she's taken on some form to hide her true nature.
    That brings another question about the "cunning ones." Are they really Nathrezim? To make myself clear: the Nathrezim are most probably "cunning ones", but are all "cunning ones" Nathrezim? Nathrezim might be only one of the many forms those "cunning ones" took. They took the demonic form when they infiltrated the fel domaine, then one of these demons has infiltrated the Light (Lothraxion). And probably that the Nathrezim are related to Sire Denathrius, but for all we know, that form may not have been his first form either. I wouldn't be surprised if Brokers, Ethereals (who already share some traits) and Nathrezim are linked, somehow. Ethereals might be agents sent to the Void... That would put the Locus-Walker's interractions with Alleria in a new perspective...

Same ungulate leg structure, long arms that end like claws, love for elaborate armor... As for the Ethereals, they are both incorporeal.

The defection he talks about is from the Legion to Sylvanas.
    The point is the implication that being a Nathrezim stands above being part of the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    That brings another question about the "cunning ones." Are they really Nathrezim? To make myself clear: the Nathrezim are most probably "cunning ones", but are all "cunning ones" Nathrezim? Nathrezim might be only one of the many forms those "cunning ones" took. They took the demonic form when they infiltrated the fel domaine, then one of these demons has infiltrated the Light (Lothraxion). And probably that the Nathrezim are related to Sire Denathrius, but for all we know, that form may not have been his first form either. I wouldn't be surprised if Brokers, Ethereals (who already share some traits) and Nathrezim are linked, somehow. Ethereals might be agents sent to the Void... That would put the Locus-Walker's interractions with Alleria in a new perspective...

Same ungulate leg structure, long arms that end like claws, love for elaborate armor... As for the Ethereals, they are both incorporeal.
    I don't see the resemblance to Nathrezim.
    They do, however, resemble the Ethereals.

The agents sent to the void are the Dreadlords who were basking in void powers on that planet Sargeras saw and destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the resemblance to Nathrezim.
    They do, however, resemble the Ethereals.

The agents sent to the void are the Dreadlords who were basking in void powers on that planet Sargeras saw and destroyed.
    Look at the skeleton.

So, don't call him a Nathrezim. That's a demonic race name. He is a Venthyr.

You can't possibly assume what features a certain creature will have or not, when consuming fel energies - You're not a WoW developer.

Look at the Felblood elves, for example. They have horns, red skin, fangs, claws, green eyes, wings and scales/spikes. So, don't tell me most races don't change drastically. It's probably has something to do with the amount of exposure/consumption of fel - not your personal views.

As for the Eredar, did you know that fel also turned them into Wrathguards (which have horns, green eyes and claws), Eredar Brutes (which have red skin, green eyes, claws, hooves and spikes), Doommaidens (which have horns, wings, hooves, red skin, green eyes and claws) and the Broken from Argus (which have green eyes and red skin sometimes).

The reason, i think, Kil'jaeden got wings, for example, is to set him apart from other eredar, as a main character (alongside Archimonde), to be easily identified by players. Much like how Sire Denathrius looks different to other Venthyr.

You could say that Sire Denathrius isn't the only main character in Revendreth and, therefore, his looks are not justified. Well, there are other important Eredar out there, like Lord Jaraxxus and Prince Malchezaar. but, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are truly the main Eredar and, therefore, warrant their unique appearances in contrast to the others.
    The Venthyr are a race created by Denathrius from souls that were successfully rehabilitated and instead of moving on chose to become Vnthyr. So that would mean in your scenario the Dreadlords are an artificial race of an artificial race of redeemed souls of other beings. And lets not forget that it's stated: " after eons of service, the venthyr are increasingly ruled by their decadence and pride. The very purpose of the plane may be flawed… and those who were once accusers have become gluttonous and corrupt." The Dreadlords have been around for nearly forever. How long would the Venthyr had to have existed before they started enjoying their job too much?
    Also why are the personality of the groups so different? If anything the enjoying torture and shit is something a demonic being would enjoy they wouldn't suddenly swap to master manipulators.

The Nathrezim "They are known to be extremely manipulative and masters of trickery; they sometimes refer to themselves as thal'kituun in their language, meaning "the unseen guests"." So instead of calling themselves their original race they just made up a new name?

I can't assume what they will look like but you can? Ok buddy lol. We have no evidence of a race of wrinkly old nutsacks gaining perfectly smooth skin when becoming demonic. You do realize the Eredar/Draenei already had/have hooves right?

Denathrius's look isn't justified because he's a main character but archimonde is???

I'll add some shitty stuff :P

not 100%, but there are some hints, that time flows differently in Shadowlands, kinda, if we spend years in there, It might be a blink of an eye on Azeroth (maybe 15 blinks, idk), or centuries (theoretically)

we have already seen similar weird concept before, in A Thousand Years War, it is mentioned, and in Legion as well, that Tyralion and Alleria have spent 1K years fighting BL, while only 40 years passed on Azeroth

so, exactly when and where was this letter written? ;D