Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Small issue is, first one been told, Anduin havent really told us anything.

On the other hand Wrathion which is by dragon standard just a boy but leader over black dragonflight so he might be counted as a king, not really sure what titles the dragons goes by, has told us alot of diffrent things.

The sentences in the journal are vague. We don't have much coming from Anduin to be able to debate what he lies about. The throne line is most likely talking about the Frozen Throne. The rest is just vague gibberish which will come true in different ways when taken from the standpoint of different players' perceptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people need to get off of this Anduin, son of Arthas meme.

It's not going to happen.

The whole basis of this thread is a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
    This questions the statement, "Bound by dat throne." It implies that the first lies was, "Bound by dat throne." However, note that it doesn't say specifically who is bound, nor by which throne. It doesn't even give a gender. So whomever the lie-teller is, they told a lie that someone was bound by some throne. If we are assuming Anduin said this, then it could be referring to anyone that Anduin has ever stated is bound by a throne.
    Minor correction. Il'gynoth said that the boy-king WILL offer us 3 lies. Ogmot says that da first one been told at the end of Legion. Anduin's lie was told at some time during the events of Legion following the Emerald Nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

wowhead comments about this item have interesting speculation about Sargeras and Seat of Pantheon. Which would be relevant to Legion when this dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Please note that 'assuming it is true' is looking at the truth from a certain point of view, so I told the truth when I said 'you take it at face value.' Which is exactly what the old gods would do. I hope you enjoyed this lesson in 'how the old gods work' and why you shouldn't speculate off of it. It might be fun, but it sure as hell is futile.
    No, I don't take it at face value, I am speculating based on the possibility of something being true in a video game.

So you are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post
    Did you read the text?

Assuming what is said in Ogmot's journal is true, Anduin isn't actually bound by the throne.

What does it mean to be bound to the throne? He has a duty to be the king of Stormwind because of his heritage. If he wasn't really Varian's son, then that would free him of his duty.

Of course there is nothing saying he is the son of Arthas. Please read properly. I don't want to waste my time with nonsense responses.
    its more likely ogmouts journy referances the frozen throne, it common in prophacy's to obfusticate context by placing verses near eachother to hid meanings, just because the prior sentance speaks of anduin and the last sentance dosnt mean that line is specificaly about anduin. after all he did lie to talia about her farthers fate, which would fulfil this lie specificaly.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-09-07 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You realize Ogmot's whisper refers to Bolvar, right? First of all in Ogmot's journal there is no mention that the boy king is the one telling the three lies, nor that the lies refer to him. So the first lie is that Bolvar is bound to the throne, when we know from Legion that Bolvar had a lot of autonomy and could basically do whatever the fuck he wanted (for example he messed with the Silver Hand and the Red Dragonflight), and then we come to Shadowlands... remind me, what is the literal first thing that happens in Shadowlands? Exactly.

Yes, there is something wrong with saying he's Arthas' son, everything wrong in fact. As I proved with my pic, which you couldn't disprove in any way, so you simply resorted to ad-hominem.
    What did u proof? I Cannot see any proof in it. It is a picture where Tiffin is holding a baby. Where is the proof that the baby is from Varian? And not from Arthas? Where is the proof that it is Varians son? If picture alone are proof nowadays I see grom future ahead my friend. But good try.

Thus I dont say he is or is not. Until proven differently we kinda can assume he is. But this should never keep people away from speculating and more importantly should never be used as an argument to go against some else.

Learn some manners and if you have a different opinion just try to express yourself in a neutral way. No one here needs people who are just here to spread their negative attitude about subject they do not agree with

Quote Originally Posted by xziino View Post
    What did u proof? I Cannot see any proof in it. It is a picture where Tiffin is holding a baby. Where is the proof that the baby is from Varian? And not from Arthas? Where is the proof that it is Varians son? If picture alone are proof nowadays I see grom future ahead my friend. But good try.

Thus I dont say he is or is not. Until proven differently we kinda can assume he is. But this should never keep people away from speculating and more importantly should never be used as an argument to go against some else.

Learn some manners and if you have a different opinion just try to express yourself in a neutral way. No one here needs people who are just here to spread their negative attitude about subject they do not agree with
    The fact that she is holding a newborn Anduin.

There is NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that Anduin is Arthas' son. None at all. There is not even any indication that Arthas ever met Tiffin in the first place.

Go on. Give me proof that Anduin is Arthas' son. Give me the basis upon which your "theory" rests. You build your theory on some evidence, no?

Also, huh, when was I rude? I simply proved why that stupid theory is wrong. Then OP got all mad and me and started using ad-hominem.

The fact that she is holding a newborn Anduin.

There is NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that Anduin is Arthas' son. None at all. There is not even any indication that Arthas ever met Tiffin in the first place.

Go on. Give me proof that Anduin is Arthas' son. Give me the basis upon which your "theory" rests. You build your theory on some evidence, no?

Also, huh, when was I rude? I simply proved why that stupid theory is wrong. Then OP got all mad and me and started using ad-hominem.

OP was right, you are not reading.
    "Thus I dont say he is or is not. Until proven differently we kinda can assume he is. But this should never keep people away from speculating and more importantly should never be used as an argument to go against some else."

You are rude in the way you are writing and wording your sentences. Furthermore you still didnt proof anything. It is just a picture which is not telling you whos baby that is, it is just a baby. A picture of you holding the baby of someone else is not making you the father as well.

Cheers

"Thus I dont say he is or is not. Until proven differently we kinda can assume he is. But this should never keep people away from speculating and more importantly should never be used as an argument to go against some else."

You are rude in the way you are writing and wording your sentences. Furthermore you still didnt proof anything. It is just a picture which is not telling you whos baby that is, it is just a baby. A picture of you holding the baby of someone else is not making you the father as well.

Cheers
    Oh I get it. I am being rude because I proved that your fan theory about Anduin being Arthas' son is terrible.

Just like you are free to speculate about whatever you want, I am also free to disprove your weak theories. Sorry, freedom of speech works both ways.

Also I can't tell if you are being intentionally obtuse. The baby has blonde hair, he is being held by Tiffin and Varian, who do you think it is...? Even wowpedia says that the pic in question shows Anduin with his parents.

No, I don't take it at face value, I am speculating based on the possibility of something being true in a video game.

So you are lying.
    Yes, you did. You assume it is true and then base your entire argument on it. If you didn't assume it is true, why would you follow that train of thought?

You read too much into this stuff.

Remember the hour of her 3rd death? People kept trying to tag Alleria or Sylvanas or Azshara or Azeroth to it, but none ever fit.
    You see, Blizzard does these on purpose to get you talking. They don't refer to anything in particular. They just try to add something further on to keep you talking.

The boy king can be anything. You are used to being said about Anduin, but that doesn't mean it is.

Cheers
    Did you really make a second account to agree with your other burner account? That's so adorable.

Did you really make a second account to agree with your other burner account? That's so adorable.
    lol.

nah that guy just made me mad in the way he is talking and "stating facts" never bothered before to write anything, so had to create one finally :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love that you take what the Old Gods say at face value. Nothing in the history of WoW went wrong with people trosting what the Old Gods had to say about a given topic.

- - - Updated - - -

IF Boy King actually refers to Anduin. And the three lies don't even have to be his own, or promises he made. If he takes a lie presented to him as truth and conveys it, he presents you with a lie. As an abstract example: Shortly after the Battle of the Undercity, Sylvanas sends him a letter, saying "We'll negotiate a peace treaty three days from now, at Ratchet. Ill bring Puppies for Everyone, and I'll bake a cake." Of course, she doesn't show, and no puppies or cake for anyone. If Anduin conveys this message, he has presented you with three lies.

I really don't understand why people take the Old gods and their minions literally. Their entire shtick is that they tell you truths from a certain point of view, or parts of the truth, or a truth that would apply to multiple scenarios. And since they also observe multiple outcomes to the events unfolding, they might even tell you truths that could, but never will come to pass.
    Agreed. The recent reveal of that report also confirms this. They see things differently than every other existence.
    Last edited by BrintoSFJ; 2020-09-07 at 01:04 PM.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Did you read the text?

Assuming what is said in Ogmot's journal is true, Anduin isn't actually bound by the throne.

What does it mean to be bound to the throne? He has a duty to be the king of Stormwind because of his heritage. If he wasn't really Varian's son, then that would free him of his duty.

Of course there is nothing saying he is the son of Arthas. Please read properly. I don't want to waste my time with nonsense responses.
    "Bound" could mean a lot of things - this isn't fucking Jerry Springer.

Oh I get it. I am being rude because I proved that your fan theory about Anduin being Arthas' son is terrible.

Just like you are free to speculate about whatever you want, I am also free to disprove your weak theories. Sorry, freedom of speech works both ways.

Also I can't tell if you are being intentionally obtuse. The baby has blonde hair, he is being held by Tiffin and Varian, who do you think it is...? Even wowpedia says that the pic in question shows Anduin with his parents.
    Your evidence is bad. The theory is nonsense, but a picture of Varian and Tiffin holding Anduin is not evidence. The theory posits that Arthas and Tiffin had a brief affair at some point, and Varian was unaware of it, raising Arthas' child as his own.

The problem with the theory is that it rests on Arthas meeting the fiancée of one of his best friends from childhood 9 months before they were married and sleeping with her. Arthas was a paladin at the time, in fact meeting the newborn Anduin at his paladin initiation ceremony. It doesn't fit with the character of Arthas we see in Rise of the Lich King. Arthas is reckless and vengeful, but he's not portrayed as the sort of man who cuckolds a friend.

The theory also adds nothing to Anduin's character. His parallels to Arthas are not made more compelling if they decide Anduin's secretly his child. The parallels work in and of themselves regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account

Cheers
    You want proof, the established lore is the proof. It has been established that Anduin is Varian and Tiffin's son. End of discussion.

What you and op are writing are just plain bullshit : "We have no proof that Anduin is not Arthas' son so we will say he is Arthas' son!"

Garbage and bullshit.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OD1c_4BTrpU

one of the lies has, probably, been told in the "Defeat of the Burning Legion: Alliance Epilogue" cinematic. in it, he says: "My Fathe...[Pause] *conflicted look on his face*...King Varian Wrynn". Which indicates he might be either lying or grieving. In the novel War Crimes, Garrosh compares Anduin to Arthas Menethil. his appearance does resemble the prince. and with Chronicle volume 3 portraying Arthas and Jaina having an affair, it might be revealed that he's their son.

The fact that he didn't finish the word "Father", and instead chose to call him by his name, may suggest that he has changed his mind halfway through the sentence, feeling that he has slipped something that he shouldn't have said.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-07 at 01:22 PM.