Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Your evidence is bad. The theory is nonsense, but a picture of Varian and Tiffin holding Anduin is not evidence. The theory posits that Arthas and Tiffin had a brief affair at some point, and Varian was unaware of it, raising Arthas' child as his own.

The problem with the theory is that it rests on Arthas meeting the fiancée of one of his best friends from childhood 9 months before they were married and sleeping with her. Arthas was a paladin at the time, in fact meeting the newborn Anduin at his paladin initiation ceremony. It doesn't fit with the character of Arthas we see in Rise of the Lich King. Arthas is reckless and vengeful, but he's not portrayed as the sort of man who cuckolds a friend.

The theory also adds nothing to Anduin's character. His parallels to Arthas are not made more compelling if they decide Anduin's secretly his child. The parallels work in and of themselves regardless.
    What is bad? It is established lore, so it is proof! Unless blizzard says otherwise, Anduin is Varian and Tiffin's son. End of discussion!

The whole speculation is just garbage out of a garbage mind that took a very interesting bit and ruined it in a few lines.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It just crossed my mind - what if "boy king" refers to Bolvar rather than Anduin? Just few thoughts (there are not connected and every one is a stretch):

1. Bolvar is Lich King less than 5 years (every expac last around 1 year if I'm correct), so like "boy" unexperienced.

2. He was regent of Anduin while Varian was missing and Anduin was underaged.

3. Compared to Jailer, Lich King truly feels like mini version of him, "boy king", just like some local demon army compared to Sargeras and Burning Legion.

I'm not speaking it's true, but anyone tried to search for "lies" with this key?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OD1c_4BTrpU

one of the lies has, probably, been told in the "Defeat of the Burning Legion: Alliance Epilogue" cinematic. in it, he says: "My Fathe...[Pause] *conflicted look on his face*...King Varian Wrynn". Which indicates he might be either lying or grieving. In the novel War Crimes, Garrosh compares Anduin to Arthas Menethil. his appearance does resemble the prince. and with Chronicle volume 3 portraying Arthas and Jaina having an affair, it might be revealed that he's their son.
    Arthas and Jaina did not have affair, they were well known lovers. You write "having affair" when a married man or woman fucks other people.

And Garrosh was trying to offset Anduin, he was trying to break Anduin. Read properly before you go to conjecture.

And he did not have conflicted look on his face, he had sadness in his expression and he had to say King Varian Wrynn to convey the gravity of the situation. He was the leader of the Alliance, as well as the king of a nation. it needed to be addressed as such.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Your evidence is bad. The theory is nonsense, but a picture of Varian and Tiffin holding Anduin is not evidence. The theory posits that Arthas and Tiffin had a brief affair at some point, and Varian was unaware of it, raising Arthas' child as his own.

The problem with the theory is that it rests on Arthas meeting the fiancée of one of his best friends from childhood 9 months before they were married and sleeping with her. Arthas was a paladin at the time, in fact meeting the newborn Anduin at his paladin initiation ceremony. It doesn't fit with the character of Arthas we see in Rise of the Lich King. Arthas is reckless and vengeful, but he's not portrayed as the sort of man who cuckolds a friend.

The theory also adds nothing to Anduin's character. His parallels to Arthas are not made more compelling if they decide Anduin's secretly his child. The parallels work in and of themselves regardless.
    Context and intentions of the writers matter. In that context, the writer wanted to show little Anduin in the arms of his loving parents. The scene is meant to be seen as wholesome, there isn't supposed to be anything dark or unusual that makes you think "Oh, that might not actually be his real father". This is just people reading things that aren't there.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would laugh my ass off if Blizzard one day reveals that these "prophecies" were actually written by some bored dev or some intern who was told to come up with some mysterious quotes for the Il'gynoth fight and that they actually have no idea what they mean or what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post

<SNIP>

What caught my attention was the "bound by the throne" thing.
    Ok I need to expand a bit on your interpretation here because I believe you took it the wrong way and show you a reverse-engineered direction to get to who this is about:

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    The problem with the ambiguity here is that we don't know who the second sentence is referring to; is it the master or the boy-king?
    For example, this is from an old doctor who episode: "the doctor has a secret that he will take to his grave. It is discovered" - here the discovered was referring to the grave not the secret. So it is possible that it is the "master" who is offering us the lies possibly through a proxy than the boy-king.

Three lies. Da first one been told.
    Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

- Here is the part that we need to focus on. Lets start by exploring who we know are "bound by a throne" -such as Lich King, Sargeras, Ilidan, N'zoth, and the Jailor. Going back and finding a quote about someone claiming that one of these guys are bound/trapped/jailed could lead us to the boy-king who sit at the master's table. And some possible characters could be anduin/wrathion/magni/bolvar, or a wildcard like khadgar even.

Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Arthas and Jaina did not have affair, they were well known lovers. You write "having affair" when a married man or woman fucks other people.

And Garrosh was trying to offset Anduin, he was trying to break Anduin. Read properly before you go to conjecture.

And he did not have conflicted look on his face, he had sadness in his expression and he had to say King Varian Wrynn to convey the gravity of the situation. He was the leader of the Alliance, as well as the king of a nation. it needed to be addressed as such.
    My bad
    "They were banging like rabbits whenever they could". How is that?

Ok, but he still had a point. They do look alike.

That's your interpretation. I see a conflicted face. That's how you theorize. Not by assuming everything is just as it is.

Plus, the fact that he didn't finish the word "Father", paused a little bit, and instead chose to call him by his name, may suggest that he has changed his mind halfway through the sentence, feeling that he has slipped something that he shouldn't have said.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-07 at 01:32 PM.

My bad

That's your interpretation. I see a conflicted face. That's how you theorize. Not by assuming everything is just as it is. Plus, the fact that he didn't finish the word "Father", paused, and instead chose to call him by his name, may suggest that he has changed his mind halfway through the sentence, feeling that he has slipped something that he shouldn't have said.
    He was trying to hold back his tears dude. He was reminiscing of his father's horrible death at the Broken Shore, of course he would be on the verge of crying, but obviously he can't afford to cry during a public speech, because that would send a bad message.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    He was trying to hold back his tears dude. He was reminiscing of his father's horrible death at the Broken Shore, of course he would be on the verge of crying, but obviously he can't afford to cry during a public speech, because that would send a bad message.
    That's what they want you to think

It wouldn't be a wild-ass crazy theory if it was so easy to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, you did. You assume it is true and then base your entire argument on it. If you didn't assume it is true, why would you follow that train of thought?
    I didn't make an argument. Again, if you read properly, you'll see that I was asking questions.

Anybody not reading the post and lying about me will now just be ignored. Your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Context and intentions of the writers matter. In that context, the writer wanted to show little Anduin in the arms of his loving parents. The scene is meant to be seen as wholesome, there isn't supposed to be anything dark or unusual that makes you think "Oh, that might not actually be his real father". This is just people reading things that aren't there.
    I agree people are reading things that aren't there, but that image is not what got this speculation rolling. It's the Anduin/Arthas parallels that already exist. Someone decided at some point that this must mean that Arthas is Anduin's father. Intentions of writers at the time are also irrelevant as this would obviously be a retcon if it were true. I don't think anyone's suggesting that this has always been the lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad

That's your interpretation. I see a conflicted face. That's how you theorize. Not by assuming everything is just as it is.

Plus, the fact that he didn't finish the word "Father", paused a little bit, and instead chose to call him by his name, may suggest that he has changed his mind halfway through the sentence, feeling that he has slipped something that he shouldn't have said.
    Again, he had to present the gravity of the situation, thousands of soldiers died there. If he was just hung up on his father, how would it look at others? On top of that, he had to take the throne and the leadership of alliance. If he cried like a little bitch "daddy... daddy... whhhhaaaa", he could kiss goodbye to all remaining respect he had from others and of himself. Think about this properly.

The "Boy king" is Arthas! The master is the Jailer! No idea what the lies are or what they will be!

For cosmic entities Arthas could be considered a boy.
    He was the Lich King.
    He was thrown into the Maw at the end of "Wrath of the Lich King".
    Since then he has probably been recruited by the Jailer, thus serving him.

Just kidding, still think it points to Anduin, but I'll leave the crazy theories to you guys

Again, he had to present the gravity of the situation, thousands of soldiers died there. If he was just hung up on his father, how would it look at others? On top of that, he had to take the throne and the leadership of alliance. If he cried like a little bitch "daddy... daddy... whhhhaaaa", he could kiss goodbye to all remaining respect he had from others and of himself. Think about this properly.
    Respect? What are you talking about?
    He was a little bitch the day he was born.
    Crying is the most typical thing i would see him do. Then, he would probably go on to preach about hope, love and peace.

There is a brief section in Rise Of The Lich King where Arthas thinks about Varian and how he's gained a son since they last met. Unless Arthas managed to remotely impregnate Tiffin from Lordaeron I think this theory is dead in the water.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Hmmm, so Shadows Rising hints the boy king is Anduin and he has yet to serve at the master's table...but he will soon. Sira mocks him after he almost uses dark magic saying "You will serve well." Maybe the lies have yet to happen. Maybe Ogmot's journal was of a lie in the future? I'm unsure there. I think after Anduin gets out of the shadowlands we have to listen very closely to what he says.

Are people trying to read into story hints in a game where the writers forgot they plunged a sky scrapper sized sword into a planet via a creation god that was supposedly killing the plant?

Quote Originally Posted by xziino View Post
    lol.

nah that guy just made me mad in the way he is talking and "stating facts" never bothered before to write anything, so had to create one finally :3
    Except you outed yourself in your first post:

thus I dont say he is or is not. Until proven differently we kinda can assume he is. But this should never keep people away from speculating and more importantly should never be used as an argument to go against some else.
    Yeah... :/
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Respect? What are you talking about?
    He was a little bitch the day he was born.
    Crying is the most typical thing i would see him do. Then, he would probably go on to preach about hope, love and peace.

Exactly. And that is why he said what he said, there was no deeper meaning, he had to restrain grief and increase morale to the soldiers who have not only suffered great casualties but also their leader.

Unless Blizzard comes out and say otherwise, the discussion about Anduin's birth is just nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by About50spiders View Post
    Hmmm, so Shadows Rising hints the boy king is Anduin and he has yet to serve at the master's table...but he will soon. Sira mocks him after he almost uses dark magic saying "You will serve well." Maybe the lies have yet to happen. Maybe Ogmot's journal was of a lie in the future? I'm unsure there. I think after Anduin gets out of the shadowlands we have to listen very closely to what he says.
    Sira is a broken mess, she has no will of her own, she believes whatever lies Sylvanas feed her. She lived for more than ten thousand years and she is completely cowed by a human he lived for about 30 and died a miserable death. Tells us enough not to take her seriously anymore. She is literal trash now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    There is a brief section in Rise Of The Lich King where Arthas thinks about Varian and how he's gained a son since they last met. Unless Arthas managed to remotely impregnate Tiffin from Lordaeron I think this theory is dead in the water.
    Jaina, maybe?

Exactly. And that is why he said what he said, there was no deeper meaning, he had to restrain grief and increase morale to the soldiers who have not only suffered great casualties but also their leader.

Unless Blizzard comes out and say otherwise, the discussion about Anduin's birth is just nonsense.
    I was being sarcastic, you know...
    No one really takes him seriously.
    Now, as for interpretation, that's open for discussion.