Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Entered two twitter giveaways with only a few hundred entries and didn't win. I'm done trying, pre-patch will be out soon anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I mean you might think you're being a realist but not everyone is going to see it that way. For me, even one week of beta is a huge difference because it will let me accomplish my goal before release of completing the leveling experience while reading all the quests so I can skip through said reading on live.

It'd be nice to have been on there earlier so I could have a better feeling that bug reports would get addressed before launch, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I mean I have had early beta for a long time due to my progression and possibly my feedback though I suspect the former outweighs the latter.

It isn't really for demoing the game especially early on. Things change drastically and classes exist in a wonky broken state. While I think quests have remained static since mop (It is the only one I can recall that had a rewrite and redo of a zone.) it would make more sense to me to simply read through the quest text via wowhead and even then a LOT of sl is voiced. You will get the story even without reading the quest text.

As for bugs... currently items that change weather effects still bug out quests in maldraxxus I would advice not using any during that zone something about it conflicts with the cinematic triggers and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean I have had early beta for a long time due to my progression and possibly my feedback though I suspect the former outweighs the latter.

It isn't really for demoing the game especially early on. Things change drastically and classes exist in a wonky broken state. While I think quests have remained static since mop (It is the only one I can recall that had a rewrite and redo of a zone.) it would make more sense to me to simply read through the quest text via wowhead and even then a LOT of sl is voiced. You will get the story even without reading the quest text.

As for bugs... currently items that change weather effects still bug out quests in maldraxxus I would advice not using any during that zone something about it conflicts with the cinematic triggers and it hasn't been fixed yet.
    I've experienced every other beta since Wrath, so I know what to expect when I do this. Usually it turns out to be a pleasant surprise that something changed from beta to live for better clarification or even that voiceovers were added for previously-unvoiced quotes (more common back when voiceovers during questing were new and barely got added by the final beta builds). And of course there are the actual cinematics/cutscenes that aren't usually present in beta which still have done a great job of capping things off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in all the betas since Wrath too. No luck this time but as others said pre-event is only a few weeks away and the beta servers usually go down 3-4 weeks before expansion launch. So it'd be a brief preview at this point. It would be nice to get a feel for how it plays to help prepare on live a bit. Keeping my fingers crossed and good luck to all in getting in even if it's late.

If it helps soften the pain of not getting a beta invite, I will say that there's been a few cases of playing betas in the past where quests were changed from early beta to launch and made things a little confusing. And a lot of the story even without the cutscenes is spoiled by the quest text. So there's something to be said to just seeing the (9.0) finished product at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    and the beta servers usually go down 3-4 weeks before expansion launch. .
    The beta servers are usually up for a week or 2 after launch O.o

Yeah was gonna say, beta has been staying up pretty much through live the past few run-throughs due to how many issues they've been working on all the way to the last minute. You've heard of "zero day patch" with other AAA titles but their fixes have been more like "zero hour" and "zero minute" in some instances lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Yeah was gonna say, beta has been staying up pretty much through live the past few run-throughs due to how many issues they've been working on all the way to the last minute. You've heard of "zero day patch" with other AAA titles but their fixes have been more like "zero hour" and "zero minute" in some instances lol.
    Well, through the entire existence of the game we've had hotfixes for bugs and balancing for weeks after launch, nature of the beast.

I won one of those Twitter competitions, they'll activate my account on the 9th. I must have entered about 20 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    And here we once again have the usual dumb forum goer who can't understand the differences between a realist and douces.

Next time, reserch the definition of a realist. Before you open your mouth.
    You come across as a complete twat.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    You come across as a complete twat.
    He's not wrong. It doesnt matter if you dont like it.

I got an invite last reset I think. Can't play right now tho because there is a bugged storyquest in ardenweald so I can't progress. Kinda sucks.

I entered the wowhead coloring competition. Are there any others currently going?

Quote Originally Posted by Tacos87 View Post
    I got an invite last reset I think. Can't play right now tho because there is a bugged storyquest in ardenweald so I can't progress. Kinda sucks.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, through the entire existence of the game we've had hotfixes for bugs and balancing for weeks after launch, nature of the beast.
    Hotfixes didn't really become ubiquitous until late Wrath at best, but ultimately this has no impact on my point that they've been crunching for fixes harder than they ever have and is the primary reason why beta hasn't been taken down early. All studios under a corporate publisher crunch but Blizzard has been getting especially heavy with it in recent years.

- - - Updated - - -

I won one of those Twitter competitions, they'll activate my account on the 9th. I must have entered about 20 of them.
    Lucky. I didn't even know there were more Twitter competitions going. Only thing I'd seen was the Wowhead contests.

If i see one spelling mistake in the quest dialogue I'll know who to blame

I will be behind now, having to read the quests on live

Also, I don't want to see any WQ bugs...

[QUOTE=mrhUK;52628094]I won one of those Twitter competitions, they'll activate my account on the 9th. I must have entered about 20 of them.

Ah nice so maybe another invite wave coming tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Same, haven't been flagged yet. Anxiously waiting for it to arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Same mate. Gotta remember they're 7 hours behind the UK though, so I expect we'll be activated very late tonight so I might not even get a chance to play tonight as I'm off to the hospital tomorrow and need to get to sleep early

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Same mate. Gotta remember they're 7 hours behind the UK though, so I expect we'll be activated very late tonight so I might not even get a chance to play tonight as I'm off to the hospital tomorrow and need to get to sleep early
    I won 2 twitter competitions for this wave (both meant to be flagged today) but one of them dm'd me yesterday saying the flag wouldn't be activated until Thursday. So not sure what to expect here, it might be tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post
    I won 2 twitter competitions for this wave (both meant to be flagged today) but one of them dm'd me yesterday saying the flag wouldn't be activated until Thursday. So not sure what to expect here, it might be tomorrow
    You won two. And took both?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    You won two. And took both?
    I mean, don't assume they're a single dude/lady, maybe they need one for the SO