Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you think will be done about this before lunch (Shaman Dps Sims)

https://www.wowmeta.com/shadowlands/dps-rankings

I know that there is still tuning to be done, but given Blizzards history of ignoring shamans dps issues, im not hopeful

I love shamans but im about done with the "middle of the pack is ok" responses we get.

Well this isnt "middle of the pack"

Hopefully blizz see this one their internal numbers as well - we are still in time for a numbers pass, and if that brings both DPS specs into the middle of the pack (as well as lowering the over performers) that would be great. If things go live as is, then a lot of people are going to be dropping shaman fast!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post

I know that there is still tuning to be done, but given Blizzards history of ignoring shamans dps issues, im not hopeful

I love shamans but im about done with the "middle of the pack is ok" responses we get.

ok so I responded in the other thread you made. that site is not accurate at all. not only is tuning still occurring but the raid logs don't reflect conduits or legendaries yet; which was confirmed by Preach in a recent video where he stated that during raid testing they did not have access to both of those things.

and then we have this...... https://twitter.com/KihraOfTemerity/...77982010351618

basically the creator of warcraftlogs calling out wowmeta for being full of shit

so yeah I would take their information with a grain of salt, maybe even less than that, because as I stated in both your old topic and this one: it's almost certainly wrong.

Awfully made, terribly inaccurate website that's done solely to scrape google hits. If you trust it that's your own problem. As the person above implied, no-one who's actually playing the beta has any faith in it if they have a brain, this doesn't require a pinch of salt it requires a damn mountain.

So if this is a bad representation of rankings, how does the shaman class rank, and more so enha? Because I dropped mine in BFA because of burnout, and I'm thinking of starting it up again in Shadowlands. Will not touch it if it's garbage though :P.

If you play a shaman for a while you make peace with the fact that your damage will never be as high as pretty much all the other classes. BFA was kinda odd in that way since elemental was really good for BoD and EP at least. Also the beta usually ends at patch X.2 for shamans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone panic about DPS when we don't even have the pre-patch?

Plus unless you're playing in these guilds that these numbers reflect it probably won't be indicative of your own experience.

In Lake WoWbegone, all dps classes must be above average?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

There are a lot of people cheesing damage with item scaling, a lot of specs don't have working legendaries and other's have just a massive amount of skills or conduits completely not working. 197 logs at this stage don't mean much

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In Lake WoWbegone, all dps classes must be above average?
    Certainly not, however i think its only fair if things get mixed up a bit from time to time and you dont always see the same classes on top. Last time Enh was above average was during HFC, for clearing Trash. And before that during ToT but not because of our damage, rather due to the healing we could do. So as stated earlier it would be nice to move a little once in a while.

That being said, like others im sure those numbers mean absolutely nothing right now, plenty of stuff is not even working yet.
    Last edited by Shango; 2020-09-06 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shango View Post
    Certainly not,
    Ah, I see. All dps classes should be equal, but shamans should be more equal than the others.

I think you should not expect your desire to be taken seriously.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ah, I see. All dps classes should be equal, but shamans should be more equal than the others.

I think you should not expect your desire to be taken seriously.
    Yeah, thats like the opposite of what i said but sure.

I will always play enh. I hope where at least competitive,but it wont stop me from playing either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    If you play a shaman for a while you make peace with the fact that your damage will never be as high as pretty much all the other classes. BFA was kinda odd in that way since elemental was really good for BoD and EP at least. Also the beta usually ends at patch X.2 for shamans.
    MoP wants a word with you

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    MoP wants a word with you
    MoP, the addon where ele could exploit a bug with the tier 4 bonuses and got flat 20% extra damage and still wasnt the best dps? Kinda proving my point here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    MoP, the addon where ele could exploit a bug with the tier 4 bonuses and got flat 20% extra damage and still wasnt the best dps? Kinda proving my point here.
    No, MoP, where Enhancement was pretty much top 5 since Heart of Fear

And straight up busted during ToT regarding healing output and SoO regarding Burst dmg, i remember pulling 1 million burst DPS (and more) during Siegecrafter together with Arcane Mages if i remember correctly. Thats also the reason they changed Ascendance from dealing nature damage, scaled just "a little" to good late in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shango View Post
    And straight up busted during ToT regarding healing output and SoO regarding Burst dmg, i remember pulling 1 million burst DPS (and more) during Siegecrafter together with Arcane Mages if i remember correctly. Thats also the reason they changed Ascendance from dealing nature damage, scaled just "a little" to good late in the expansion.
    lol tot healing output was so bad i had to glyph riptide spam just to be useful on half the fights. Extremely good though in the rest but was overshadowed by disc which healing with one ripped out my soul, i would let him die all the time if I could. However you could pull some insane numbers if you timed your bursts correctly and your raid let you shine instead of dumping all their mediocre cds on top of yours. Our group was pretty mediocre but my heal team carried us through the bad long past when fights should end simply by mana conservation and proper cd rotation and utilization.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    I will always play enh. I hope where at least competitive,but it wont stop me from playing either way.
    well basicaly same as me so around 3-4 months in every expansion, after MOP, to not lose all sanity trying pvp :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    lol tot healing output was so bad i had to glyph riptide spam just to be useful on half the fights. Extremely good though in the rest but was overshadowed by disc which healing with one ripped out my soul, i would let him die all the time if I could. However you could pull some insane numbers if you timed your bursts correctly and your raid let you shine instead of dumping all their mediocre cds on top of yours. Our group was pretty mediocre but my heal team carried us through the bad long past when fights should end simply by mana conservation and proper cd rotation and utilization.
    I was not refering to Resto healing, i was talking about the healing an Enhancer could dish out, which was pretty insane.