Thread: The Boys

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did type "source material."
    Or did anyone think this was an original tv idea?

The weekly format killed my interest in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The weekly format killed my interest in this show.
    Wut...
    A show per week is supposed to be the norm. (I mean if you really want you could read the comics and find out where it's going. But to be fair, that's what killed my interest in the show. So I was kinda hoping for a rewrite...but I'm not expecting it)

Yah season 2 seems to be great too. They seem to do a good job of making you want to see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Wut...
    A show per week is supposed to be the norm.
    No. That is an old notion. One I do not have to yield for in the modern age any longer. Weekly shows are not going to hold my interest very often- The Boys Season 2 falls into the category for me.

(I mean if you really want you could read the comics and find out where it's going. But to be fair, that's what killed my interest in the show. So I was kinda hoping for a rewrite...but I'm not expecting it)
    I read all the comics years ago.

No. That is an old notion. One I do not have to yield for in the modern age any longer. Weekly shows are not going to hold my interest very often- The Boys Season 2 falls into the category for me.

I read all the comics years ago.
    I feel bad for you. That is toddler level attention span if you can't just wait for all episodes to be out if you must binge

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I feel bad for you. That is toddler level attention span if you can't just wait for all episodes to be out if you must binge
    So I have the attention span to watch 10-13 hours straight but not an hour at a time over weeks? Hmm. Interesting.

I am sure this series can be watched at a later date and the axis of the Earth will not change because I not returning weekly for the newest episode of a web series.

So I have the attention span to watch 10-13 hours straight but not an hour at a time over weeks? Hmm. Interesting.

I am sure this series can be watched at a later date and the axis of the Earth will not change because I not returning weekly for the newest episode of a web series.
    Yeah you stare into the TV watching the correct combination of colors and shapes you like, like toddlers will watch paw patrol or muppets for hours on end but you switch the channel to the boring news and next minute they are sticking fingers into electrical sockets

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Next time say if it’s a comic book or tv spoiler please. I thought you were talking about the first 3 episodes of season 2 and so clicked it and yeah now it’s spoiled (although I did suspect something like that might happen based on the first 3 eps)
    You might be okay it’s already deviated so much from the comics which IMO is a good thing.

Yeah you stare into the TV watching the correct combination of colors and shapes you like, like toddlers will watch paw patrol or muppets for hours on end but you switch the channel to the boring news and next minute they are sticking fingers into electrical sockets
    So I should not watch the news either because it is "boring"? As a mother of toddlers, I am pretty sure this is not common either.

I don't know dude. You seem to have some strange notions to me.

So I should not watch the news either because it is "boring"? As a mother of toddlers, I am pretty sure this is not common either.

I don't know dude. You seem to have some strange notions to me.
    No I'm saying toddlers don't watch the news. I'm not calling you a toddler. Just that you might suffer from a needy attention span like more and more adults living with smart phones/Internet etc. I'm not judging I feel bad for ya

No I'm saying toddlers don't watch the news. I'm not calling you a toddler. Just that you might suffer from a needy attention span like more and more adults living with smart phones/Internet etc. I'm not judging I feel bad for ya
    Gotcha. Well, thanks for the sympathy. Hope it doesn't bum you out too much I am not watching the correct combination of colors and shapes on a weekly basis. I'll probably, like, do something else instead of watching television.

Maybe read a newspaper. All at once. Haven't decided yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    while I am not a huge binger, I really do not like this 3 show a week thing but I am used to doing this with Vikings, so I aint as mad :P

Also loving the new series so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I waited to watch the first 3. I drank too much whisky and now Im just sitting here waiting for another week to get 1 more hour.

Weekly release is soooooooOOOOooooo fuckin 1990. . . . . Its not like anyone is going to cancel prime because they let us binge it. /GodDamUAmazon

Anyone remember the last season of stranger things? Because that is prime example of what happens to your show when it's all released at once. People talk about it for 2 days and it's instantly forgotten

10+ Year Old Account
    OK so I watched the few episodes and even the last couple of recent episodes just to find out what all the hub bub is about. The first season was pretty stupid from what I seen, mostly plays on the what if Super Heroes were assholes, meh, not my bag, but hay.

Then there is this recent bullshit, honestly I don't hate or love this show, I think people are being silly, I will admit the last 2 Episodes are watched were refreshingly going new places, however the overall premise HARD PASS.

As for people outrages LOL, kind of like GOT, fans should NOT always get what they want or expect, so in that vein, I think the writers and producers have done a great job.

Oh and the time gating episodes is stupid, although as a business model it makes sense. I imagine if it works others will follow the same going forward in the near future.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The first 3 dropped and after that its one a week followed by a movie.
    What movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What movie?
    They cut out a lot of scenes in episode 2, so they are making that into a special

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent read the comics

I picked up on Stormfront's name and haircut when they first introduced her but didn't believe they were actually going with the whole bigot route because they hid.

Not sure why it took me so long to see but Butcher is poor scuffed Australian Batman and Hughie is his Robin...Canary.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I havent read the comics

I picked up on Stormfront's name and haircut when they first introduced her but didn't believe they were actually going with the whole bigot route because they hid.

Not sure why it took me so long to see but Butcher is poor scuffed Australian Batman and Hughie is his Robin...Canary.
    Why australia?

Karl Urban is New Zealand.

And Hughie isnt Robin. He wants to be Batman but knows he isnt. Even though hes talented enough to be. Its different to batman/robin.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.