Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not "moving goalposts", really. There were areas of the in-game map of Azeroth that were missing but were known to exist in the lore, before they were added to the in-game's world map. Those locations beins: Northrend, Kezan, Tol Barad, Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and Zandalar.

And as for Pandaria, that continent further reinforces the idea of an "unexplored area of the map" considering that it is literally an UNCHARTED continent that sits between the supposedly "charted" area that exists between Kalimdor's east coast and the Eastern Kingdom's west coast.

Why? Why would it be "ridiculous"? Did you call it "ridiculous" when the continent of Pandaria was described as being "uncharted" despite being almost the size of Northrend? Why would these "new continents" on the other side of Azeroth have to be "the size of Kalimdor or EK"? Seems like you're making that statement only to make the idea sound ridiculous.

It's also headcanon to state that those maps we see are "complete" when there is no statement that they are, and there is evidence that it might not yet be fully charted.
    So your stance is, there might be something there because of Pandaria, which by the way, was hinted existed since Warcraft III is. My stance is looking at the official Blizzard map in 2020. Your theory is backed by the power of your imagination, mine is backed by what is currently in-game. Got it. Again, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. When they add notable landmasses to this "uncharted" part of the sea, you can say "I told you so." Until then, you got nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    At the moment, the most up to date information is that there is no other side to Azeroth. Blizzard have been pretty conclusive that the Titan's made Azeroth into this:

(Titan View)
    even showing it in game:

and it roughly became this:

(Factions that don't have a gods eye view).

So unless the Titans just ignored a land mass when they were merging everything together as they shaped it and forgot to mention it in their own records despite scouring the planet or someone literally raised a continent out of the sea and Blizzard is sending us into the literal realm of the dead as they don't care enough about them yet to have them react in any way to the number of World Shattering events that have occurred on Azeroth over the last couple of years as a result of another continent they didn't know even existed or bothered finding out about, there isn't another side.

Of course in comes Blizzard in two years time and the Lizard Council of Halgadeia located on the opposite side of Azeroth wants to know what is going on in this foreign Empire of Crapshoot.
    And Titans are the brightest example of being forthcoming with mortals? Yeah... right....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Except there is. We've seen that it exists. Unless BFA is your first expansion of course.
    Since Classic, Blizzard has added known in-lore landmasses previously omitted due to game development. The northern part of the globe was left vacant for Northrend. The south seas region were left vacant for something. It turned out to be Pandaria which was hinted at in Warcraft III and we had no idea how big it was, but they decided Pandaria was perhaps the last missing major part of what was once a mega continent. Everything else was squeezed in between continents (Zandalar and Kul'tiras are much bigger in-game than in actual lore, and they still managed to squeeze them in.) Azeroth's map is becoming more crowded as they expand the world and explore previously "uncharted" landmasses. They're not adding a whole other side to make room for brand new continents because there is no other side. What you see is what you get, and sure, they'll be squeezing in even more landmasses and islands, but it doesn't mean there was a whole other side of the planet unexplored. It just means we're exploring everything in between EK and Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejo93 View Post
    I think that Blizz should address the other side of Azeroth. I like the idea of the way the cosmological forces are being written, but we could also have a whole new opportunities on the other side. Something like a proto-Azeroth, where the Keepers created proto-types and would later be perfected on Kalimdor (Blizz can easily add something like this, just look at Void Elves). For example, we can see a race that is the missing link between Trolls and Elves, or Humans and Vrykul. We can also have intelligent/evolved version of races that are considered a bit dumb by us: Gnolls, Yetis (I imagine their evolved versions looking like the Qunari from Dragon Age) or even completely new races, like a humanoid T-Rex. For the story, we can have it explained that the other side was hidden ina realm similar to the Elemental Planes, and something happens that connects us.

What do you think?
    There is no race missing between the elves and the trolls the missing race is the dark trolls they got wiped out except for one female. Just as there is no missing race between the humans and Vrykul (Vrykul literally just starting having "stunted" babies thinking that they were mutants and cast them off to lands that made up the eastern kingdoms), there is no more missing elf races either. Gnolls are intelligent they just don't give a fuck about anything that doesn't involve killing, eating, and shitting. It would be interesting to see some story lines from island expeditions play out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    You say this, but where was Kul Tiras and Zandalar when we saw the planet? You gotta realize that anytime you see a globe in this game it's considered non-cannon. I mean just look at the ulduar globes. It has been confirmed in lore that the forbidding sea is very large, and any ship that crosses it never returns. They're obviously hinting at something to be there that isn't shown on the maps. I don't understand why you are trying to dismiss people as "flat earthers" when this argument is over a fictional game created by a company who can honestly do whatever the fuck they want.
    That's the whole point. They can and will do whatever they want to expand their world, and create new content. But "other side of Azeroth" is literally subscribing to the flat Earth theory. They'll add new landmasses and islands in between the four known major continents (EK, Kalimdor, Pandaria, Northrend) and smaller landmasses (Broken Isles, Zandalar, Kul'tiras), but in order for OP's argument and yours to be true, "the forbidden sea" has to be as a sea as large as the sea on which Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms exist upon with new continents of comparable size. "Other side" implies other half, meaning half the planet not explored.

Nowhere has Blizzard ever hinted that might be a possibility. People are taking "uncharted, unexplored" lands as potentially whole new continents when Azeroth and Blizzard's idea of the world has always revolved around Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend, and most recently Pandaria having made up a MEGA continent, with other smaller parts broken off (Zandalar, Kul'tiras, etc. Again, Kul'tiras in lore is nowhere as big as presented in-game.) To reveal a new "other side of Azeroth" with continents as relevant in size as Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms would be a major retcon of everything they've ever written. They're better off creating another planet. I'm not denying there will be new landmasses or islands discovered, but they will be squeezed into the map we see in between the four major continents we know, not anything on the scale we're discussing would be "other side of Azeroth."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    And Titans are the brightest example of being forthcoming with mortals? Yeah... right....
    Considering I'm referring to the Titan's records that they created for themselves i.e. what Chronicles got retconned into from definitive book of canon, then yeah I would expect them to forthcoming with what would essentially be a reference journal for them. Unless we've got another case of "Sylvanas brain deception/the writer/thinker lied to their self to hide the truth from anyone who happened to be scanning their work/mind at the time". Because yes the Titans are now aware the player behind the screen exists and have to hide facts from them. /s
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Technically, there is. The globe representations, as they said mutiple times, are inaccurate and not only that, they said that there is a sea that no one has ever comeback from.

Maybe they have changed their minds, but that was the reason given during Legion.
    Well, that "sea" no one has ever come back from could be a Bermuda's Triangle. It could be a mysterious new land, or island. I'd be a fool to dismiss that possibility in a fictional game about "expanding" the world. But to assume there is a whole half of the planet still uncharted goes against Blizzard's entire idea that Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend and most recently-added Pandaria made up Azeroth's one mega continent (like Pangea.) Azeroth is based on Earth. Earth only had one continent that broke off into the continents we know today, much like Azeroth and the sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Then why can't we go east from eastern kingdom to reach western part of Kalimdor and vice versa? Why ships that tried this kind of route, vanished into the mysterious fog and never returned?

And that map in Argus fight can be changed any time by blizzard. After all, they have begun teasing this with island expeditions in BFA.
    I just don't want random retcons... I think that the ships were sailing from Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor before wotlk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Since Classic, Blizzard has added known in-lore landmasses previously omitted due to game development. The northern part of the globe was left vacant for Northrend. The south seas region were left vacant for something. It turned out to be Pandaria which was hinted at in Warcraft III and we had no idea how big it was, but they decided Pandaria was perhaps the last missing major part of what was once a mega continent. Everything else was squeezed in between continents (Zandalar and Kul'tiras are much bigger in-game than in actual lore, and they still managed to squeeze them in.) Azeroth's map is becoming more crowded as they expand the world and explore previously "uncharted" landmasses. They're not adding a whole other side to make room for brand new continents because there is no other side. What you see is what you get, and sure, they'll be squeezing in even more landmasses and islands, but it doesn't mean there was a whole other side of the planet unexplored. It just means we're exploring everything in between EK and Kalimdor.
    Go to Argus... look up.

3+ Year Old Account
    You know what, I just realized something. Whenever you go on a boat/airship to go to another continent, the map shows a red dotted line going around the Malestorm to the other continent. It dosen't show it going off the map and just going to the other edge of it

Assuming there's no other side, why is it like this?
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-07 at 06:00 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

They said at one of blizzcons or other interview when somebody asked about a map at uldum/ulduar or w/e that there is no other side

End of story

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So, just say undiscovered areas.
    Other side implies at a flat world.
    Yes, they should just say undiscovered areas in all 4 directions for correctness sake and to cover their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    You clearly havent been paying attention.

Blizzard has, can and will pull landmass out of thin air (and makeup lore to doso) if it suits the story they want to tell or expansion they want to do. There very well could be another side of azeroth with multitudes of new continents, IF blizzard want to make that expansion. They'll simply say it was cloaked/shrouded in mists/hidden by the titans etc. They did this for the Uldum zone (cata) and MOP expansions.

Dont give us this ridiculous excuse that 'the ingame map is a representation of the whole world - so there cant be anything else'. They can add anything to it , at any time, for any reason or justification.

The reason ingame maps etc are cagey or dont show another side is simply because Blizzard hasnt (that we know of) got plans to tell that story. It does NOT mean they are prohibited or cant ever change their mind in future to doso.
    I didn't say there are no more landmasses to be discovered. I said that there isn't another side to the in-game map. Anything that will be added will be shown on the map as it is, like they always do. And that is because the in-game map wraps around the globe. New zones will appear within its boundaries, not outside of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    Aren't the maps presented in the Chronicles series of books the definitive answer to this?
    Chronicles is written from the point of view of the Titan's and "World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 hints that the Kalimdor landmass wasn't the only continent on Azeroth. World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3 however states that the night elven empire was located on Azeroth's single landmass."

Chronicles 3 even fucked up the map of Zandalar: "On the pre-Third War world map, Zandalar is portrayed broken while that should be a consequence of the Cataclysm, as confirmed in the Cataclysm chapter."

They could easily put some lands in the two basically uncharted seas: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forbidding_Sea
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-09-07 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    You know what, I just realized something. Whenever you go on a boat/airship to go to another continent, the map shows a red dotted line going around the Malestorm to the other continent. It dosen't show it going off the map and just going to the other edge of it

Assuming there's no other side, why is it like this?
    If I had to guess a lore reason it's probably because it's the known mapped Naval/Flight path, as in the most reliably charted and able to be planned for journey between the two points but most likely there's a technical or artistic reason why loading screen paths have to all be on the same map.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

or south, we all know that Tanaris/Ungoro/Silithus/STV is representative of the equator zones right? RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Damn, would be cool to see what's on the other side of this map:

That's right.
    Imagine seeing the "other side" of this map

I did some magic there.

I think you are all getting confused with the "other side" name. Nobody is expecting a full new world, only a new continent/islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So your stance is, there might be something there because of Pandaria, which by the way, was hinted existed since Warcraft III is.
    No, that is not my point. I said Pandaria is literally an uncharted continent. Here is the Alliance intro in-game cinematic for Pandaria:

Skip to 0:30 "Ship wrecked... on an uncharted isle..."

And here's the Horde intro in-game cinematic:

Look at the map on 0:16. There is no Pandaria there. Then skip to 0:34. "Apparently they (the Alliance) found a massive uncharted landmass shrouded by dense mists."

My stance is looking at the official Blizzard map in 2020. Your theory is backed by the power of your imagination, mine is backed by what is currently in-game.
    No. My stance is backed by in-game logic and evidence. There is absolutely zero statement that the map of Azeroth is "complete" like the map of real world Earth is complete. There are still uncharted areas, and Pandaria is undeniable evidence of that. To point at the 2020 map of Azeroth and say "that is the whole of Azeroth and there is nothing else other than what is shown" is no more correct than back in early 2009 to point out at the Ulduar' globes of Azeroth and proclaim them to be "the whole of Azeroth and there is nothing else other than what is shown".

When they add notable landmasses to this "uncharted" part of the sea, you can say "I told you so." Until then, you got nothing.
    You're trying too hard to try to debunk what I'm writing that you're basically agreeing with me that there is an uncharted area of the map, there.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post

Maybe you need reminding yourself?

You can clearly see the west of Kalimdor and the east of Eastern Kingdoms/Quel'thalas.

This view is "the other side" of Azeroth. Does that mean to say there's not a few islands between the two main continents? of course not. But going from the Shattering, there wasn't any real landmass that could be made into another large continent from the two sides of Kalim and EK.
    The other side of Azeroth is the south side... cmon... You come here with this attitude and you don't even know where it comes from.

The whole south side of the planet is under clouds. Go look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Read above.
    And look at the last thing I posted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The other side of Azeroth is the south side... cmon... You come here with this attitude and you don't even know where it comes from.

The whole south side of the planet is under clouds. Go look.
    And that’s not what the OP, or most people here, were taking about. Context, dipshit.