10+ Year Old Account
    ‘We have to get rid of Trump’: Pro-Bernie group launches effort to boost Biden
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-biden-391575

A left-wing group that opposed Joe Biden in the primaries is launching a six-figure digital campaign aimed at persuading progressive voters in battleground states, especially Bernie Sanders supporters, to cast a ballot for the former vice president.

But don’t expect it to air rose-colored ads about Biden: RootsAction.org, POLITICO has learned, has recruited some of the biggest critics of Biden within the Democratic Party to make an unvarnished case for why they’re voting for him despite their disagreements.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Calling Biden a radical leftist is about sowing discord. Nothing more, nothing less.
    What discord is that? Convincing half the voters that Biden represents the far left? Do you know what the concept of the Overton Window is? Do you understand how neoliberals moved the country right?

Edit: Liberals who believe Biden is far left, are watching the same media as conservatives.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-08 at 02:19 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Not everyone, but especially you in particular. Now you are offended that I point out that you are a dishonest poster who lies about others position. Not my fault, stop lying about me.
    He isn’t lying... he can’t lie about the perception of you that he has. I think I partially explained why that might be, above... it kind of is your fault.

Not everyone, but especially you in particular. Now you are offended that I point out that you are a dishonest poster who lies about others position. Not my fault, stop lying about me.
    Not offended, your words are meaningless to me. I've said this before. Nobody else is calling me a liar, only you. But you call many people dishonest. It's like the boy who cried wolf. It's not effective anymore. I'm gonna continue to be honest while you continue to call me a liar, I'm actually fine with that, Cause it's like when Trump says someone is lying, you know they are being completely honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not offended, your words are meaningless to me. I've said this before. Nobody else is calling me a liar, only you. But you call many people dishonest. It's like the boy who cried wolf. It's not effective anymore. I'm gonna continue to be honest while you continue to call me a liar, I'm actually fine with that, Cause it's like when Trump says someone is lying, you know they are being completely honest.
    Lying about ones perception is meaningless... It’s like people who complain about being called racist...

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people? You got an exact number?
    You are arguing that he is lying about his perception of you... this argument is absurd... it’s like saying someone who said you are ugly, is lying.

I mean on the previous page, I quoted you calling me and another poster dishonest in a 2 for 1.
    There is no need... I promise you that people can see what is happening, just like you can. Don’t mean to be a hall monitor, but better me than mods.

Edit: We are in the “arguing if that cloud is a duck or a chicken” zone... lol

Fair enough, going too off topic, this thread isn't about him anyways.
    It’s all good... look at me, I can’t even stop.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-08 at 02:35 AM.

Many people? You got an exact number?
    I mean on the previous page, I quoted you calling me and another poster dishonest in a 2 for 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are arguing that he is lying about his perception of you... this argument is absurd... it’s like saying someone who said you are ugly, is lying.

There is no need... I promise you that people can see what is happening, just like you can. Don’t mean to be a hall monitor, but better me than mods.
    Fair enough, going too off topic, this thread isn't about him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6849.html
    ramsussen which weights its polls to heavily to favor trump, has biden +8 in winsconsin, even when the other pollsters have him lower, whats the deal going on there, everyones been predicting kenosha will cause winsconsin to shift right
    I thought that was weird too. The Morning Consult one gives Biden the same exact lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I thought that was weird too. The Morning Consult one gives Biden the same exact lead.
    Could it be the RNC? That shit was a nightmare vision...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Could it be the RNC? That shit was a nightmare vision...
    I'm sure the fact that Trump didn't get a convention bounce at all is getting stuck under his skin. Safe bet that his lackeys kept reassuring him he'd close the gap with Biden after the TNC and the lack of a bounce has him raging.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I'm sure the fact that Trump didn't get a convention bounce at all is getting stuck under his skin. Safe bet that his lackeys kept reassuring him he'd close the gap with Biden after the TNC and the lack of a bounce has him raging.
    I know people kept saying there were good bits and someone linked the whole hour long Trump speech, but that thing had no value outside of fear mongering. It was horrifying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    In all honesty I think the support for Trump is pretty much what it's going to be at this point.

And I think that amount of support points pretty squarely to him losing... in any HONEST run.

Which is why he's fighting tooth and nail to make it as dishonest as possible. Unfortunately, democrats don't just have to get people out to vote... they have to ensure those votes are counted, period.

If this comes down to a supreme court decision, I can honestly see them (being conservative-leaning as they are) deciding "well because Trump defunded the post office uniformly and also affected mail-in ballots from republicans, we can't officially rule that he did so specifically to disenfranchise democrats (despite them relying more heavily on mail-in ballots) so all of those votes for Biden that came in past the date or were late can't be counted, because we can't officially say there was malintent behind ensuring they didn't get delivered... so... Trump won."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Okay, can a single liberal please explain this to me.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/joe-...e-penalty.html

So Joe Biden says he's going to court Republican voters this time at the expense of the left, but he turns around and is now backing the Obamacare individual mandate penalty? Which is the very reason that Obama voters moved to Trump in 2016 and won him the election?

Can someone please explain what his strategy is here? This literally looks like he is trying to lose. What is the benefit of this in any way outside of insurance companies making more money? And even if you think the Obamacare individual mandate penalty is good, how is it supposed to win back those Obama to Trump voters that Biden says is integral to his campaign strategy? What is he doing?!
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-09-08 at 03:52 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Okay, can a single liberal please explain this to me.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/joe-...e-penalty.html

So Joe Biden says he's going to court Republican voters this time at the expense of the left, but he turns around and is now backing the Obamacare individual mandate penalty? Which is the very reason that Obama voters moved to Trump in 2016 and won him the election?

Can someone please explain what his strategy is here? This literally looks like he is trying to lose. What is the benefit of this in any way outside of insurance companies making more money? And even if you think the Obamacare individual mandate penalty is good, how is it supposed to win back those Obama to Trump voters that Biden says is integral to his campaign strategy? What is he doing?!
    I guess you forgot Obamacare was originally a Republican healthcare plan....

Also - Obamacare isn't why people went to Trump from Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    In all honesty I think the support for Trump is pretty much what it's going to be at this point.

And I think that amount of support points pretty squarely to him losing... in any HONEST run.

Which is why he's fighting tooth and nail to make it as dishonest as possible. Unfortunately, democrats don't just have to get people out to vote... they have to ensure those votes are counted, period.

If this comes down to a supreme court decision, I can honestly see them (being conservative-leaning as they are) deciding "well because Trump defunded the post office uniformly and also affected mail-in ballots from republicans, we can't officially rule that he did so specifically to disenfranchise democrats (despite them relying more heavily on mail-in ballots) so all of those votes for Biden that came in past the date or were late can't be counted, because we can't officially say there was malintent behind ensuring they didn't get delivered... so... Trump won."
    And we're still not sure what the October Surprise is going to be...

Although my money is on Hunter Biden being indicted.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I guess you forgot Obamacare was originally a Republican healthcare plan....

Also - Obamacare isn't why people went to Trump from Obama.
    Data from the CCES indicate that 75% of Obama-Trump voters supported repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act.
    If it's not the reason, then what is your reason?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it's not the reason, then what is your reason?
    Please remove your point from looking to be something I said.

Next, source for that please. Until we see a link, you're essentially lying. We'll wait.

Please remove your point from looking to be something I said.

Next, source for that please. Until we see a link, you're essentially lying. We'll wait.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama-Trump_voters

It's right there, with a source of the article, but the quote I linked cited a study as well if you wanna go that far.

Also, think of how many millions of Americans have lost their jobs during the pandemic, along with their employer health insurance. They're going to look at Biden saying "you gotta pay if you don't have insurance when I'm president because I'm bringing back the individual mandate penalty".

Please, can anyone explain what about this move is smart at all? What does he gain from this? This is just unimaginably stupid if he's trying to win the election.

Just gonna leave this here, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/06/o...mp-voters.html

Medicare for all is surprisingly popular among all Obama-Trump voters, but especially those who voted for Democrats in 2018. Eighty-three percent of those who switched back to the Democratic Party in 2018 support Medicare for all, nearly as high as the 93 percent support the policy achieves among the most solidly blue Democratic voting bloc.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama-Trump_voters

It's right there, with a source of the article, but the quote I linked cited a study as well if you wanna go that far.

Also, think of how many millions of Americans have lost their jobs during the pandemic, along with their employer health insurance. They're going to look at Biden saying "you gotta pay if you don't have insurance when I'm president because I'm bringing back the individual mandate penalty".

Please, can anyone explain what about this move is smart at all? What does he gain from this? This is just unimaginably stupid if he's trying to win the election.

Just gonna leave this here, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/06/o...mp-voters.html
    Thanks for the cite.

What is CCES? The article mentions it, but doesn't seem to indicate what it is or where it came from. Can you tell what it is or any other information?

Did Biden say he was bringing back the individual mandate?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is CCES?
    Cooperative Congressional Election Study, I presume.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Thanks for the cite.

What is CCES? The article mentions it, but doesn't seem to indicate what it is or where it came from. Can you tell what it is or any other information?

Did Biden say he was bringing back the individual mandate?
    Yes he did say he would bring back the individual mandate penalty. Right in the article I linked: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/joe-...e-penalty.html

“Yes, I’d bring back the individual mandate,” says the 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful, arguing it would be popular now, “compared to what’s being offered.”
    I guarantee that after only 4 years people did not change their mind on disliking being charged for not being able to afford having insurance. Especially now that so many Americans are unemployed and lost their employer's health insurance. Also if he actually plans to implement a public option like he claims (doubtful), you would not need an individual mandate penalty, that would be pointless and cruel.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-09-08 at 04:41 AM.