Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why do blizzard refuse to put resilience on pvp gear? I'm genuinely asking. I'm so confused.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Why do blizzard refuse to put resilience on pvp gear? I'm genuinely asking. I'm so confused.
    Because it was an awful stat that mostly turned People wanting to get into PvP away from it.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the People that have been crying for the last few years about not being able to buy gear with Honor are now crying again that they now have to grind Honor to get gear.

The Rollercoaster never ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    And that’s how they wrecked it. Man I was excited for this system, but if the max upgrades are the same as lfr, then it’s a waste of time to grind pvp for gear. The amount of time required to get pvp gear is way more than the time to get lfr gear. BFA has the same stupid problem.
    Isn't the entire point of PvP gear that you like to PvP? Or are you just one of the PvP'ers that expect full PvP gear straight away with no actual work because "WAHH I COULD JUST PvE INSTEAD!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    They clearly were referring to the starting gear (blue pvp gear) requiring multiple levels of upgrades just to be equivalent to LFR level gear, they weren't referring to the conquest gear, but the honor gear.
    The difference being there is no cap to how much you can grind PvP except time, whereas LFR gear is one chance a Week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No one is forcing you to do anything. Everything you do in wow is optional. You make the decision to do pve, not blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand the whining. A bunch of bads that can't do high end content are complaining that they won't be able to grind out mythic level gear in a couple of weeks.

If you are sitting there saying "omg, it's going to take so long to upgrade my honor gear" you don't deserve anything better. You are targeting honor gear and it really needs to be on the same level as heroic dungeon gear. That it's able to be upgraded to something like normal raid gear is a slap in the face to people who PvE. But it is and there's nothing that can be done about that. You guys need to learn to stay in your lane and let the better players have the better gear.

If your the sort of person who is targeting cong gear then there might be a bit of nervousness about how quickly and how high that gear will go. At the very least it requires some effort and I cannot begrudge anyone that.
    So basically, PvP gear should remain god awful?

Currently you can run Mythic plus endlessly, to gain access to the best PvP gear (secondary stats and trinkets) at a higher item level with zero negatives.

You can grind PvP conquest, very slowly, with a weekly cap, for less item level, and a choice of gear with worse secondary stats.

All Shadowlands does, is remove the sluggish grind. The gear is still bad, and it's far more viable to PvE for better items for PvP - that is the problem.

Mythic raiders will steamroll legitimate pvpers because they have access to infinitely better gear, at a much quicker pace, and there is no downside at all.

All we need, is pvp power or pvp set bonuses. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    I mean getting dungeon gear is way less effort and thus making it a lot easier to get, which is why all real PvPers get them in the beginning of the expansion - expansion doesn't really matter here, we have done this past 15 years. You are just shit player who want's to get advantage over pure PvP players, which I don't actually have anything against, but don't try to make it anything else.

The problem with the last sentence is that then r1 range PvP players should have the best gear, since it's by far the hardest content available in the game. Maybe we could implement something like classic r14 grind that's based on rating and you needed to be in top 0.1% for 3 months in arena to get the best gear. Wouldn't that be good enough way to ensure that only the true elite gets best gear available in the game?
    Nice word salad, buddy. You provided no proof against my point so that means you agree with me. I mean you tried to attack me but we all know what PvP players are like. Its a fact. Honor PvP is the easiest content and if you are upset about the way Honor gear works, Im sorry to say but epics really are not for you. Stay in your lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

boring

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    BFA: WE GET TOO MANY ITEMS

SL: WE DON'T WANT TO UPGRADE ITEMS I WANT NEW ITEMS

M+ works the same way and for a long while, raiding has too... I mean you have raid finder, normal, heroic, and then mythic. Same items. Higher ilvl. This is closer to MoP valor but with more control (farmable) and only on some items... It's meant for the very casual who won't arena, but will allow them to still gain power without titanforging. People will never be happy.
    Neither too many items nor the upgrading system are the problem. Much more, the far too small insignificant steps in equipping are the problem. It hardly feels like a noticeable improvement when you upgrade or replace an item by 2-4 item levels every week. That's why I see an absolute boredom in this SL upgrade system

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Honor PvP is the easiest content and if you are upset about the way Honor gear works, Im sorry to say but epics really are not for you.
    ??? I'm not gonna waste my time grinding honor, I hate that shit. I just walk in mythic raid and loot the free epics It's not that complicated.

So fully upgradet Battleground gear has the same ilvl as Raid finder? This must be a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just can't think of what the point of this is. You're better off clearing normal/mythic 0s then starting arena with that gear.

Outside of math and endlessly scaling systems and art work, Blizzard is so mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    They should actually rework the loot system for M+ .. instead of having the exact same gear for an entire expansion
    Agreed, but that sounds like a lot of extra work and will sadly never happen

With PvP stats, I did casual PvP. Without PvP stats, I have avoided PvP for two expansions. I don't even remember the last time I was in a battleground.

Do the devs want players like me to avoid PvP? Because that's what this deck chair rearranging is going to continue to do.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yet again Blizzard screws up the pvp gear.
    There needs to be substantial power increase for players who hit higher ranks in pvp. To the point where there are major benefits for PVE.

For example, Classic R14 warriors are superior to other dps warriors.

LFR gear being on par with pvp gear just ruins the point of pvping for gear.

It's clear that yet again Blizzard doesn't care about pvp and just includes it to keep certain players entertained.

Doesn't matter though as Shadowlands pvp is going to be just as trash and BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    With PvP stats, I did casual PvP. Without PvP stats, I have avoided PvP for two expansions. I don't even remember the last time I was in a battleground.

Do the devs want players like me to avoid PvP? Because that's what this deck chair rearranging is going to continue to do.
    So, when pvp gear had specific PvP stats requiring grind and time invested you did it casually, but when PvP gear has stats equal to PvE gear where you can get it from anywhere and be better equipped to handle stat disparity you didn’t touch it?
    Seems a little backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, when pvp gear had specific PvP stats requiring grind and time invested you did it casually, but when PvP gear has stats equal to PvE gear where you can get it from anywhere and be better equipped to handle stat disparity you didn’t touch it?
    Seems a little backwards.
    Just describing what happened. And now, doing PvP is something that rarely enters my mind. It's as if that part of the game is just gone now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Random BG requires same amount of effort and are on par with difficulty of LFR. Seems about right.

Real PvP is for Conquest points, not Honor

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Random BG requires same amount of effort and are on par with difficulty of LFR. Seems about right.

Real PvP is for Conquest points, not Honor
    It seems alot of nublets here doesnt understand this.
    Nublets if you are good enough and you push 1.8 raiting first week on any bracket when season starts,and follow week you push 2.1 you will have higher gear than Mythic raiders(because they are stuck to 1 run per week),while you can push raiting ranks up to Elite at 2.4 and if you are that good you can reach it on week 3-4 of the season and be full Mythic geared and only miss at most a trinket from somewhere else or weapon with some special effect from PvE/Dungeon,thats all.That existed before in so called good times with resiliance gear and so...
    Stop whineing before you understand the whole picture and stop been blind.
    None will give you max ilvl gear just by doing Random BGs nublets.
    If you cant do more than this and your skill cap is that low,you deserve the low gear you get.

What I don't get is how everyone who likes pvp is dependent on pve gear. Just give us some entry level set free of charge with pvp stats on it to have a baseline (like gladiatorial equipment back in the day) and improve it from there. Having regular honor gear on LFR level is just weird. You can farm without any effort low m+ to outgear it instantly without any drawbacks. Quite the opposite if you look at the history of weapon proccs and trinkets.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Because it was an awful stat that mostly turned People wanting to get into PvP away from it.
    No, it didn't.

So, when pvp gear had specific PvP stats requiring grind and time invested you did it casually,
    it never required grind or any significant time investment. Getting a full set of honor PvP gear required only to do BGs for a few evenings. It probably took less than a day for someone unemployed. Source: the amount of time I spent getting each set of honor PvP gear from burning crusade to wod.
    Last edited by tamarin; 2020-09-08 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Can we just stop with all this nonsense and put normal PvP vendors with WoD type PvP gear? Why do they constantly try to look for new solutions to problems that had already been fixed? These designers feel like anyone in any field who is creating problems out of nothing to excuse their salaries.
    Fixed that for you, but either way it is valid for current Blizzard in general.

And yes, WoD had the perfect system in terms of pvp gearing for this game, they only messed it up by having more pvp seasons than tiers (thus making pvp gear more powerful than intended for pve in the last season) and in effect having the conquest gear being free if your faction was controlling Ashran. Both of these issues can be easily solved, but they seem hellbent on creating another nonsense system that does not benefit the intended slice of the playerbase (the casual pvper), which is why you have all the tryhards talking bollocks in this thread as expected.

Completely dogshit tiny stats rare to LFR epic ILVL gear! What the fuck is this lol? You are way better off doing mythic+ than doing this.

I don't mind this new upgrade deal only IF

We actually get the updated honor values from winning a BGs and such. If they think we're going to grind 30K honor to get an item barely better than LFR it would just prove how out of touch they are. But I'll give them the excuse that they simply introduced shop for feedback without updating everything in the background to obtain said currency. I truly hope they say something about it or give us proper value soon though.

Next thing would be the itemization. There needs to be better itemization or a way to pick the stats you want on the item. It shouldn't be too hard to make the items a blank piece of gear for the same price or cheaper, and go with an NPC that you can put your item in and have drop down menu of the stats you want. Either cheaper blank items with a cost to essentially "reforge" your item's stats at a small honor cost IE : Weapon would cost 1500 with a 600 honor cost to "reforge" the stats on it making it essentially the same price as it is right now but with the option of choice over the stats you want as well as the option of playing another dps spec with different stats prio without having to buy another set of gear entirely

EDIT : Before people blast me with the fact only PVP players would want that and that it would be unfair to PvE players. I am mainly and mostly a PVE player and I'd be 100% fine with it. I remember the good old days when if you wanted to dabble in PVP you could just farm your honor BG gear and go into arena, the process was fairly enjoyable and fast, felt rewarding because the gear wasn't trash, and actually made quite a difference from PVE gear when it came to survivability. I think the devs needs to go back to their root of PVP gearing and see why it worked for so long and when they broke it. Imo cata / mop was the best honor vendor times.
    Last edited by guigui7; 2020-09-08 at 05:15 PM.