Real talk, what do you think is the reasoning behind Nintendo's insane anti-consumer stance?

Like I just don't get what goes through their mind when they came up with their online service.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Real talk, what do you think is the reasoning behind Nintendo's insane anti-consumer stance?

Like I just don't get what goes through their mind when they came up with their online service.
    Because Nintendo is very out of touch because they still see themselves as a "toy company" not sellers of closed system entertainment software. So they act like a toy company even though their days of selling playing cards are a straight century ago.

It's more profitable for them this way. People on the internet get angry about some of their stuff, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a minority of their consumer base. Not to mention, even the people complaining on the internet still buy Nintendo's online or games. If people are going to buy your product despite its problems, why bother fixing it?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

They really don't care about such a small fragment of their user base. They don't care about modders because all they see is someone using their products without permission to do so, and then redistributing it on an unlicensed platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo is easily the least consumer friendly of the 3 console manufacturers. They overprice their games when compared to others in the industry, they don't offer DLC separately as you have to buy the full season pass, and they remove games off old console's eshops when they announce new ports of those games. The only thing Nintendo does well is make games and I would argue that Sony does that just as well. This limited time shit is proof of this and I'm glad people are starting to call them out on their bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's their products and copyright laws exist for a reason, how much of a smooth brain do you have to be to think you can break the law and go unpunished? Personally I don't give a damn if Nintendo shuts down pirates, especially if they are going to publish old games on their new systems. They own the property and in so long as they continue to publish their old games and make them available in some capacity, they can mandate and shut down illegal access to ROM files. It's their product, they have the right as rights holders to utilize their products as they see fit.
    Oh lol, this explains alot. Nice talking at you.

My hope is that 3D All-Stars opens the door to more ports of N64, Gamecube and Wii games on the switch. Doesn't even have to be full remasters just up-res them and that will be enough for me. The main draw these ports have is ultimately the portability aspect after all.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    My hope is that 3D All-Stars opens the door to more ports of N64, Gamecube and Wii games on the switch. Doesn't even have to be full remasters just up-res them and that will be enough for me. The main draw these ports have is ultimately the portability aspect after all.
    There is already a portable version of 64 with more content then the one they ported.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is already a portable version of 64 with more content then the one they ported.
    Could you be a little more vague?

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Could you be a little more vague?
    Mario 64 DS. Not really that vague if you know it exists.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    That game was terrible. The controls were hot garbage so the game played poorly. I know, I owned it day 1 since I got it with the system. Not having a control stick made it awful. N64 games need a major control and camera overhaul to be viable without full remasters. The fixed angle camera positions are not acceptable by today's standards and the N64 didn't have a true 360 degree rotational stick, so characters don't move smoothly on controllers that do. And there are a lot of N64 games that I do want to see remastered, but I know that many won't. At least Nintendo finally made a new Pokemon Snap game after over 20 years. I wonder if they'll either remaster F-Zero GX or just make a new game, that series has been dead almost as long.

Still waiting for ANY Metroid Prime games on Switch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool, I've never played a Musou game before but I might pick this up eventually. Definitely not at launch though because between Shadowlands, Cyberpunk 2077, and the PS5 my fall is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    I own that game and I still thought he was talking about a portable version of the N64 itself. There are many homemade around, but as far as I'm aware, none for sale.

I bet this(Super Mario 3D All Stars) sells very well because of FOMO(and the games are legendary). I already preordered my copy. I have 2 problems with it, and yes I think Nintendo is the best developer currently due to BotW and Odyssey, and no I'm not ashamed of that opinion in the slightest. Yes, I believe it is a ridiculous conspiracy theory to believe that Mario or Zelda or TLOU2 got favoritism from critics to such a level that it significantly altered the metacritic(unless perhaps, you call that favoritism nostalgia, which is a feature of the game not a bug). No, I don't think 20 dollars is a bad price, per game. No I don't think Spyro or Crash games are comparable to full 3D Mario titles in popularity or quality no matter how much you rework the textures, resolution, ect(remember this is just an opinion).

However, there are two problems that I have with the collection itself.

1. Artificial scarcity - Bad for the entire gaming industry if it catches on, and perhaps a slippery slope.
    2. The lack of Galaxy 2 which is just a bitter disappointment

Other than that, way too much negativity imo, and I think I know why. Galaxy 2. Sure, we would complain about all this junk a little, but we wouldn't be so sad about it if Galaxy 2 was in the collection, haha. IMO, at least, Galaxy 2 has made me salty about everything else. It isn't my dislike of these practices but yet my personal whining because I also wanted Galaxy 2 that has led to me being slightly disappointed here.

The missed opportunity isn't for upgrades, imo, but instead the missed opportunity of having Galaxy 1, 2, Sunshine, and 64 in the same collection. That would have been a dream.

I'm even less picky about Zelda. Give me wind waker hd and take my money.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-09-08 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Looks cool, I've never played a Musou game before but I might pick this up eventually. Definitely not at launch though because between Shadowlands, Cyberpunk 2077, and the PS5 my fall is stacked.
    I'm legit looking forward to this, Will try to get it day 1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Looks like fun, hopefully the story is actually refined and sensible to fit in as a predecessor to BOTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks like fun, hopefully the story is actually refined and sensible to fit in as a predecessor to BOTW.
    its a mousou. You are getting a rushed out assett flip probably to fill a very dry period and allow them to skirt around the obvious delay of breath of the wilds sequel without saying its delayed as people get distracted. Aka every musou thats not gundam or dynasty warriors business as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    its a mousou. You are getting a rushed out assett flip probably to fill a very dry period and allow them to skirt around the obvious delay of breath of the wilds sequel without saying its delayed as people get distracted. Aka every musou thats not gundam or dynasty warriors business as usual.
    As he says. Asset flip.

The only original game coming this year is bravely default II and still no date.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    As he says. Asset flip.

The only original game coming this year is bravely default II and still no date.
    The fact they never even showed the survey results this time and the lukewarm reception to the demos changes to things like the art style and the battle backgrounds makes me think its gone a lot further back to the drawing board than Octopath did. Which to be fair i like a lot of what Octopath did but its still deeply flawed and generally kind of mediocre and i would rather them take time on a new Bravely game rather than fart it out like that 3rd Golden Sun game or something.