Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's called confirmation bias. You believe the game is dead and you are trying to bend the facts to support that idea.

Class discussions mostly take place at class discords, as well as smaller content creators on youtube discuss them a lot. For example the main warrior oriented youtuber has like 6000 subs.

When it comes to the mainstream, Preach is doing some class videos, but the classes are supposedly changing a lot every week and thus maybe it's not worth making the videos because they get outdated to soon.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Soulbinds are/will be the biggest problem in this expansion, mark my words. But only if I turn out to be right
    I think the covenant choice discussion has overshadowed soul binds and conduit balancing. But right now I too think this will be just as big of an issue as covenant swapping but the discussion on swapping dominates while soul bind balancing has been overlooked which will changes once the expansion launches IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    At least you have people with a clue and people who just come to stir shit up with their sky is falling get permabanned.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in beta and it's nonsense, because you can instantly create max level character with gear, with all legendaries, all conduits unlocked and whatever covenant you want instantly.

Right now is the time to test things, because you can immediately create any character you want with everything unlocked and there are plenty M+ groups running with all keys and affixes unlocked. You can create your own key too.
    Still doesn't sound like a discussion.

Honestly, i don't see these respected ones posting much at all. Just constant meme'ing. Ban whoever you want, there are no discussions going on in those places. Just fooling around.
    The guides get posted or linked to in different channels. But, the conversation is completely useless. Oh and a lot of e-peen showing offs as well. It's a real useful use of your time.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-08 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

Honestly, i don't see these respected ones posting much at all. Just constant meme'ing. Ban whoever you want, there are no discussions going on in those places. Just fooling around.
    The guides get posted or linked to in different channels. But, the conversation is completely useless. Oh and a lot of e-peen showing offs as well. It's a real useful use of your time.
    They post within their own class communities a lot. Most players avoid the wow forums even on beta testing due to most discussions not being monitored and a mass of players making useless posts clogs up any productive discussion.

They give pointed feedback when asked as well as Identify bugs but no one is going to have a in depth conversation on balancing in a place where johnny lfr is piping in every second post with some variation on " But its a rpg with choices!'

Blizzard has done a lot to drive off a useful community from their official forums I honestly believe they go to the class discords themselves to get detailed feedback.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure beats MMO-C when it comes to actual useful info.

Yeah we post pepes on Discord, we also post a lot of useful first hand info from our beta experience and discuss actual changes and our expectations based on testing, as opposed to this garbage here where the only discussion is back and forth about Covenant Doom and gloom and those vengeful ex type posters who open one troll thread after another trying to bite Blizz ankles.

There is a reason why everyone moved on from MMO-C - pepes are better than outright "muh feels" bullshit round the clock.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-08 at 01:22 PM.

Sure beats MMO-C when it comes to actual useful info.

Yeah we post pepes on Discord, we also post a lot of useful first hand info from our beta experience and discuss actual changes and our expectations based on testing, as opposed to this garbage here where the only discussion is back and forth about Covenant Doom and gloom.

There is a reason why everyone moved on from MMO-C - pepes are better than outright "muh feels" bullshit round the clock.
    Easy with that... our sanctuaries are only sanctuaries because the feels bros don't know where we are hidden...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They're deserted because they're only inviting streamers and big name guilds, both of which rarely post in the fora because they use the beta content to prepare for launch and for youtube/twitch viewer content.

Really, all the people who would report bugs and post on theorycraft are absent while all those world race guilds just use the beta to prep for the race rather than to report and give feedback.
    I am not a streamer and am not in a big time guild. I got an invite. So you are already wrong.

They're deserted because they're only inviting streamers and big name guilds, both of which rarely post in the fora because they use the beta content to prepare for launch and for youtube/twitch viewer content.

Really, all the people who would report bugs and post on theorycraft are absent while all those world race guilds just use the beta to prep for the race rather than to report and give feedback.
    Pure example of talking out of your ass. Plenty, including myself are in Beta that are not streamers, in big guilds, or have no huge social presence. I submit bugs all the time through in game means. I have never logged into the SL beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Pure example of talking out of your ass. Plenty, including myself are in Beta that are not streamers, in big guilds, or have no huge social presence. I submit bugs all the time through in game means. I have never logged into the SL beta forums.
    You also are talking out of your ass in a way. Just because YOU, a single person was invited does not mean this is still not the case. I think it's somewhere in between what both of you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's called confirmation bias. You believe the game is dead and you are trying to bend the facts to support that idea.
    this garbage here where the only discussion is back and forth about Covenant Doom and gloom and those vengeful ex type posters who open one troll thread after another trying to bite Blizz ankles.
    Sums up the OP and his spammy posts in every single thread.

I will repeat: we get it OP, you think the game is shit. Resist the urge of needing other people to agree with you to make you feel better.

p.s. got beta afer downing N'zoth M, and we are a decent, but nowhere near the hc top of raiding guilds.
    Last edited by Jamais; 2020-09-08 at 02:33 PM.

I got a BEta invite, never touched it. Just have no faith in Blizzard anymore. Then reading all the issues in teh company and the fact that morale is so low, doesnt give me high hopes for a quality product, then throw in Pandemic work from home? Nah I will wait and see what everyones review is in Dec or Jan maybe
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by zcoughl View Post
    You also are talking out of your ass in a way. Just because YOU, a single person was invited does not mean this is still not the case. I think it's somewhere in between what both of you are saying.
    I never disputed that streamers and top guild member don't get in. I was in the second wave of Alpha testing. Many here who are virtual nobodies are in, as well as the majority of testers currently in Beta are.

There are a limited amount if streamers and social influences and that is a relatively small group of people. Same for guilds. Have a few top 100 guilds on my hirde server not one has been invited. Butbthe notion that no one but those types are invites is such a lazy take, it's insulting to the person who makes it.

As for the forums being dead, the beta forums are typically pretty dead unless something largely controversial is involved and with the report bug feature the forums aren't really needed unless devs need to convey information or somone wants to offer suggestions longer than the submit bug tool allows.

Things change. Look on Youtube, there's endless talk about beta and class, system changes. What probably happened is players want to focus on monetizing that information.

Nope.

Soulbinds are the easiest element to balance. They are static for all members of the covenant.

What will be impossible to balance are covenant and class abilities, because some of them are only ST, some only worthwhile in AoE, some alright in both, and this difference across classes means you can never use soulbinds to balance those deficits out as some class's Kyrian ability is ST but another's is AoE, so you can't just change the soulbind to give more aoe for the ST class because then the AoE class lacks ST.

That's the problem. The covenant class abilities are a steaming pile of shit, and instead they should have been two separate talent rows you pick according to situation.
    That is not quite true. Specs and classes do not get the same say x% damage from y% vers and so on.
    The fact that the soulbinds ARE the same for all classes might very well be why they are hard to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    The last thing Actizzard does while developing an expansion is class tuning. Yes, there were BFA tanking videos... when the tuning was done and it's not a waste of time to make videos that will be outdated in a few days. Go do a YouTube search and check the release dates

Jesus f**ing christ, it's not even out jet but the doomsayers are already out preaching the "wowISdead" gospel

That's not correct. Go do a YouTube search. You can see 5 separate videos posted by just Method Sco over the course of beta on just Mplus tanking. There are literally mountains of vids on tanking over many months starting early Beta up until near release. Look at the upload dates.

I dunno what better sources of information you have, for example Dreamgrove (Druid class discord) has pretty much all the English speaking theory/mathcrafters. Meanwhile MMO-Champion still has druid guides from Legion pinned to the Druid subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by m4zz0928 View Post
    Things change. Look on Youtube, there's endless talk about beta and class, system changes. What probably happened is players want to focus on monetizing that information.

I'm not interested in a video where "Dalaran the Rogue" tries Blood DK for 5 minutes and then gives his review. Or a video by Preach that also played Blood DK for an hour and gives me the "low down". I'm talking about real Tanking videos by known tanks. In BfA you had constant video updates on beta tanking with great, indepth info. Now, in Shadowlands? nothing, nada. That doesnt seem odd?

Also in BfA they had Beta sections for Tanking Healing and DPS? Or am I misremembering that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    That's because this was probably the smallest beta blizzard has ever done, they basically only invite streamers anymore. Why bother inviting people to test your game when you plan on fixing it over the first 3 months anyway?
    Bullshit, there are plenty of non streamers/youtubers who have gotten in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    I dunno what better sources of information you have, for example Dreamgrove (Druid class discord) has pretty much all the English speaking theory/mathcrafters. Meanwhile MMO-Champion still has druid guides from Legion pinned to the Druid subforum.
    Don't twist what i'm saying. I didn't say there was no information/guides in there, i said that there is no discussion.

Like, looking at Asmongold's chat and looking at a discord chat is pretty much the same thing. Just lots of pepes, meme'ing and e-peen showing off and people fooling around. There is no discussion about the actual class. It is a waste of time to go read the so called discussion channels cause nothing is actually discussed or very rarely. I like forums cause people stay on topic for the most part and i can keep up with the conversation, even though there are nasty trolls around. That is why i still bother with these.

But, to make it clear, yes, they are good sources of guides. That is why i use them. But, i ignore the discussions.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-08 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I'm not interested in a video where "Dalaran the Rogue" tries Blood DK for 5 minutes and then gives his review. Or a video by Preach that also played Blood DK for an hour and gives me the "low down". I'm talking about real Tanking videos by known tanks. In BfA you had constant video updates on beta tanking with great, indepth info. Now, in Shadowlands? nothing, nada. That doesnt seem odd?

Also in BfA they had Beta sections for Tanking Healing and DPS? Or am I misremembering that?
    I counted at least 20 videos on Youtube searching "Shadowlands Tank". I can't speak for the content and/or the quality of it, but maybe that is a start. Maybe less people are interested. What's the point of worrying about it though?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"