Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    We could see one if we ever go to the "Plane of Life" that one Dreadlord wrote about in the thing. And if we do go to the Plane of Life, then it'll be in a patch this expac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I doubt they'll put in something completely opposite to Shadowland's theme. I think the Plane of Life and the operative there is just being set up for a future expansion, not a future patch.
    I know that the Emerald Dream is basically resolved but I would actually fully expect an expansion based on that at some point. It's been hyped since Vanilla, even solving the Nightmare doesn't mean we won't explore it at some point.

Question for people who have done it: is Ysera actually revived during SL?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Do weekly events change with pre-patch? I noticed WoD timewalking is on 30th September and it's last I need to buy stuff for badges from.
    Weekly events are independent of anything else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I know that the Emerald Dream is basically resolved but I would actually fully expect an expansion based on that at some point. It's been hyped since Vanilla, even solving the Nightmare doesn't mean we won't explore it at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

The plane of life idea is what could in theory give the Emerald Nightmare that final push to actually become a viable expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm pretty sure they are disabled between launch and season 1. This time it's only two weeks and nothing important happens (battlegrounds and BfA dungeons which goes away anyway), so I guess they could just drop them and don't change whole schedule.

In future lore Emerald Dream will be just some pocket dimension inside Lifelands (TM) or copy like Halls of Valor. Wait and see.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-09-08 at 04:25 PM.

She "is" but she's bound to Ardenweald, meaning she can never leave the Shadowlands.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm pretty sure they are disabled between launch and season 1. This time it's only two weeks and nothing important happens (battlegrounds and BfA dungeons which goes away anyway), so I guess they could just drop them and don't change whole schedule.
    I don't recall that but I don't think they're contingent of anything else going on. Like I'm pretty sure we had Hallow's End during Legion launch but I could be wrong.
    She "is" but she's bound to Ardenweald, meaning she can never leave the Shadowlands.
    Gotcha. So we could definitely see a Plane of Life/Emerald Dream expansion to fully "revive" her.

Interestingly enough, that could also tie into the DRAGON SHIT that's expected for post-SL

I don't recall that but I don't think they're contingent of anything else going on. Like I'm pretty sure we had Hallow's End during Legion launch but I could be wrong.
    You know Legion was August launch, right? ;P

Beside, yearly holidays are different thing than weekly events. I could see only WoW anniversary pushed few weeks before or after launch, since I doubt they would give us 16% buff right away.

I doubt they'll put in something completely opposite to Shadowland's theme. I think the Plane of Life and the operative there is just being set up for a future expansion, not a future patch.
    What do you mean? SL is based off the entire conflict between Life and Death. Us entering the Shadowlands is just us taking part of the center of the conflict. Besides, the Plane is heavily linked to Ardenweald, and the Winter Queen's talked about her Sister prior. So, it being patch content shouldn't be too out of the loop, ya know?

You know Legion was August launch, right? ;P

Beside, yearly holidays are different thing than weekly events. I could see only WoW anniversary pushed few weeks before or after launch, since I doubt they would give us 16% buff right away.
    Buddy

I don't remember shit

Anyway, I still don't think that events are going to be effected by prepatch stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The plane of life idea is what could in theory give the Emerald Nightmare that final push to actually become a viable expansion.
    We ended all things regarding the Nightmare in BFA. Remember that Remnant of the Void? Yeah, we looted that shit lol. High chance the Void Lords or Death could attack it though, and we could see the Winter Queen's sister there.

Surely then the answer is no.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Well, yes. But actually no.

Well she is revived since her essence almost dies before being blessed by the Winter Queen.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well, yes. But actually no.
    Imagine believing Blizzard plans their expansions in advance

Legion for example, during wod's end of dev cycle. Was planned in advance, no one got to know it until it was announced ofcourse. But that contradicts your statement.

Some they do plan in advance. Not all of them probably, but some. They do.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post

Legion for example, during wod's end of dev cycle. Was planned in advance, no one got to know it until it was announced ofcourse. But that contradicts your statement.

Some they do plan in advance. Not all of them probably, but some. They do.
    I was mostly joking but I really don't think BfA was planned to go the way it happened.

They've done a good job of seeding the next expansion except for BfA into SL

Lmao I guess.

But yeah, high chance we'll deal with the Winter Queen's sister in an upcoming back. 10.0 seems to be Light/Shadow.

I was mostly joking but I really don't think BfA was planned to go the way it happened.

It pretty clearly ends with 8.2.5, which goes very neatly into BFA. They just didn't know how to make the N'zoth -> Shadowlands transition or felt that they didn't care enough to make it happen.

Ah ok, i actually at first thought you sounded serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It pretty clearly ends with 8.2.5, which goes very neatly into BFA. They just didn't know how to make the N'zoth -> Shadowlands transition or felt that they didn't care enough to make it happen.
    I honestly think BfA was never intended but they wanted more time to work on SL. I don't believe in filler expansions but if there was one, we experienced it.

I honestly think BfA was never intended but they wanted more time to work on SL. I don't believe in filler expansions but if there was one, we experienced it.
    WoD was an actual filler expansion. Legion could've perfectly happened directly after MoP. Garrosh would have been killed either at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar or at the trial in Pandaria, and any warlock besides Gul'dan could have summoned the Legion at the Tomb of Sargeras. There was even build-up in the MoP Wrathion storyline about an inevitable Legion invasion.

In fact, I'm pretty sure WoD existed only to promote the orc characters in the Warcraft movie.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-08 at 05:16 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands