Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What? Anduin is the rightful heir to the throne, and there is no indication in any lore material that he is actually the bastard son of Arthas, or that Arthas and Tiffin even met in the first place.

I don't even know why some people unironically believe this theory is true, we have a literal pic of Varian and Tiffin holding a newborn Anduin:

I will not believe you until I get 9+ months long cinematic of Tiffin staying loyal to Varian or DNA tests.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    You want proof, the established lore is the proof. It has been established that Anduin is Varian and Tiffin's son. End of discussion.

What you and op are writing are just plain bullshit : "We have no proof that Anduin is not Arthas' son so we will say he is Arthas' son!"

Garbage and bullshit.
    Funny cus I even said that Varian is his father.

>Until proven differently we kinda can assume he is

Not sure what ur barking about Didn't know saying Anduin is Varians son is "bullshit". There is a difference between "100% confirmed" and "established lore". Sure it is more than highly unlikely That Varian is not the father but "established lore" would not protect us from Blizzard going a different way at any given time.

God i hate these prophecies, they lead to the mandella effect. Just like the: Luke i am your father. Quote from starwars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I will not believe you until I get 9+ months long cinematic of Tiffin staying loyal to Varian or DNA tests.
    Exactly! At this point, it seems like the only way to satisfy the morons!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The problem is, we have absolutely no reason to believe he's not Varian's son.
    He has golden hair and Varian's hair is black.

Yea , Varian's hair is black. But you should check the mother also ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But this is where we get to the best part - We know Varian's father had blonde hair*, thus, it is in Varian's genetics to pass down the recessive blonde hair trait. Taria Wrynn** has Black(BB) hair - This gives Varian a 50/50 chance that he would have the dominant AND recessive traits (BB, Bb, Bb, bb), followed by a 50/50 chance of Anduin then inheriting Blonde as his hair color since his
    Mhh going down the "genetics" way this would just be working if one would be brown of hair and the other golden. Not with black and golden since eumenalin and pheomelanin is taking a big role in it. The result from direct ancestors with black and golden hair could be, Golden, light Brown, dark brown and black. Kinda every combination is possible with any amount of eumenalin and pheomelanin. But then you have the fact of the dominant parts and recessive parts as well making it really hard to predict especially with black and golden hair. but it is far of a 50/50 chance.
    Last edited by xziino; 2020-09-08 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xziino View Post
    Mhh going down the "genetics" way this would just be working if one would be brown of hair and the other golden. Not with black and golden since eumenalin and pheomelanin is taking a big role in it. The result from direct ancestors with black and golden hair could be, Golden, light Brown, dark brown and black. Kinda every combination is possible with any amount of eumenalin and pheomelanin. But then you have the fact of the dominant parts and recessive parts as well making it really hard to predict especially with black and golden hair. but it is far of a 50/50 chance.
    Can't you just type on your main Tharendil? I mean we all know you're an alt anyway.

Can't you just type on your main Tharendil? I mean we all know you're an alt anyway.
    ok sir, I know its quite hard to believe to just create an account to post sth. but I mean if you want to post something at some point you have to create an account? but what ever makes u sleep better at night!

Assuming things always leads to trouble in the long run, because "knowing" is a strong word if you cant really know it

This thread had potential but it seems like just a bunch of angry nerds.

I think Anduin is the obvious angle, With the possibility of some Arthas tie-in as the second choice.

I want to speculate about a different one though - Wrathion.
    -Consider him the boy king as it's really either him or Ebonhorn leading the black flight, and he is the younger one, the so called "Black Prince"

-The first lie in Legion was his interaction with Chromie in the Many Deaths scenario. Quote wowpedia, "Chromie and the adventurer confronted Wrathion, thinking he may have known something, and Wrathion was ashamed that Chromie suspected him simply for being a black dragon. As Wrathion explained, he knew nothing about the attack and was simply visiting Northrend for "[his] own amusement", but was surprised to see a demonic infestation at the Obsidian Dragonshrine. He reminded Chromie and the adventurer that if they were looking for someone who might take umbrage at a dragon, they should start with the undead and whoever was controlling them. Chromie agreed that Wrathion made a fair point and the two of them left him to search inside the dragonshrine.[50]"

-The next lie - the one we should have seen coming - could have been anything about the 8.3 patch content. Wrathion takes a number of risks, seemingly the bravest of all main characters when it comes to old god corruption. He claims he can manage his own vulnerability, He claims it's save to have a piece of N'zoth stored in the heart chamber (Is N'Zoth even dead if Wrathion has a piece in stasis?) -- And claims he would never do what the "illusion wrathion" did in Nya'lotha. He also stabbed the carapace of N'zoth with the blade of Xala'tath, which was not mentioned or shown again. You know, that blade that can hold an old god inside of it.

-The third lie would be whatever kicks off his plotline next. There's a few threads to follow, from old gods postmortem to dragon isles adventures. There's some speculation there could be a tie in to northrend or the shadowlands - There isn't much evidence of this except thru this theory - If the first lie above was the one, then why was he actually in northrend?

I don't think Wrathion is the most likely candidate, but it fits well enough, if somehow Anduin is a red herring.
    Last edited by Pawpurr; 2020-09-08 at 11:11 AM.

To continue the Wrathian speculation, the second lie could easily have already been told in Ny'alotha.

At the start of the fight we get the raid text : N'Zoth, the Corruptor whispers: Behold the one who shall herald its coming.

The text after that before the fight is from N'Zoth faceless minion so can't be taken at face value as it is what N'Zoth wants to twist the truth to be as he does has an element of truth in it. In stead its the post kill text that is interesting.

Once we kill him him which turns out to be an illusion but we get the following raid text for him:

Wrathion: I learned that it doesn't take much for my friends to believe I betrayed them.
    Wrathion: Doubt me if you must, but know that I will not rest until his smoldering corpse lies at my feet.
    Wrathion: Champions, that vision was as much for me as it was for you. N'Zoth wants us to believe that my corruption is inevitable.

The lie here is that vision was for us and Wrathian is passing it off as corruption is inevitable when he has already betrayed us and is serving at the masters table and this is the truth the N'Zoth is trying to twist.

Of course, this could just be looking too hard and linking this back to the dream journal where it says maybe we'll see it this time and tbh, sometimes the obvious is ignored as its a fight in a raid that is full of lies and half truths. There are so many rabbit holes to go down I just want to explore something other then the Anduin.

Jesus this forum.... so I'm an "angry nerd" because I wrote 4 lines in which I explain why OP cant' be right? Something tells me that someone else is the "angry nerd". So mad :dd
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-08 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post
    So Il'gynoth says

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    And then there's Ogmot's Dream Journal that says

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one.
    Since recent whispers of the old gods have been shown to be followed up by lore developments (the thing with the dreadlords and the cosmic forces), it seems to me like this one most likely will also have some truth to it.

What caught my attention was the "bound by the throne" thing. So assuming this is true, Anduin is not bound by the throne. That means he is not the rightful heir to the throne? Meaning he is not actually Varian's son? Could it be that we find out in Shadowlands that Anduin is really Arthas' son? With Arthas most likely playing a role in the Shadowlands, that reveal seems very much possible.
    1. "The boy-king serves at the master's table"

2. Three lies. Da first one been told.

(the First Lie) Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one.

The "boy-king" could be Arthas. In his death cinematic his father calls him a king in the line "no king rules forever"; in WotLK opening cinematic his father also states, "when my days comes to an end, you shall be king". In the death cinematic he also states that "Without its masters command, the scourge will be an even greater threat to this world." It is Arthas who SERVES at the master's table.

The "boy-king" could also be Anduin. The act of serving at a table, providing food/drink to a patron. The war is the serving the master (maw-fuel).

The "next" lie is coming soon. It's probably some of the dialogue with Bolvar being a lie.

I'm more inclined to think it's Arthas.
    The first lie is the line "Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!". Arthas dying is now free. Kinda feel it doesn't apply to Anduin. He's always been free.

/shrug

EDIT: Also the Jailer has to be a pretty smart being. He has to have some tension with Sylvanas. I feel that Arthas is in the jailers back pocket to completely break her.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2020-09-08 at 04:45 PM.

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!
    I think the "First Lie" is Anduin lying to Talia about her father while the 2nd line is about Bolvar no longer being bound to the Frozen Throne, now free.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post
    What caught my attention was the "bound by the throne" thing. So assuming this is true, Anduin is not bound by the throne. That means he is not the rightful heir to the throne? Meaning he is not actually Varian's son? Could it be that we find out in Shadowlands that Anduin is really Arthas' son? With Arthas most likely playing a role in the Shadowlands, that reveal seems very much possible.
    I doubt it. We've already seen that a king "bound to the throne" is coming free in Shadowlands with Bolvar in that cinematic. He's free, both of the curse of the Lich King and of being stuck to that throne. We've also seen Varian & Tiffin caring for Anduin.

As Anduin is almost certainly the boy king mentioned here, it is worth noting that we know of one lie told in BfA Broadcast Text from many people to Taelia: that her father was dead. This is known to be a lie and very much ties into the "Bound by dat throne" line that Ogmot writes about. If that was the first lie, we also know that "Da next gonna come soon." Have we already seen it or is it a part of Shadowlands? I have to wonder if all three lies are going to be based around Bolvar and/or the Shadowlands themselves.

What? Anduin is the rightful heir to the throne, and there is no indication in any lore material that he is actually the bastard son of Arthas, or that Arthas and Tiffin even met in the first place.
    That's not exactly true. The Official timeline has Arthas visiting Stormwind several times, including the ceremony that made him a Paladin being hosted in Stormwind. The Official rumor, with most base, is not that Tiffin cheated on Varian, more that Anduin is Arthas and Jaina's child and Arthas asked his long time friend Varian to look after his son.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's not exactly true. The Official timeline has Arthas visiting Stormwind several times, including the ceremony that made him a Paladin being hosted in Stormwind. The Official rumor, with most base, is not that Tiffin cheated on Varian, more that Anduin is Arthas and Jaina's child and Arthas asked his long time friend Varian to look after his son.
    No. There is no indication whatsoever that Arthas and Jaina ever had a son. This theory is completely baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It just crossed my mind - what if "boy king" refers to Bolvar rather than Anduin? Just few thoughts (there are not connected and every one is a stretch):

1. Bolvar is Lich King less than 5 years (every expac last around 1 year if I'm correct), so like "boy" unexperienced.

2. He was regent of Anduin while Varian was missing and Anduin was underaged.

3. Compared to Jailer, Lich King truly feels like mini version of him, "boy king", just like some local demon army compared to Sargeras and Burning Legion.

I'm not speaking it's true, but anyone tried to search for "lies" with this key?
    I think you have an interesting theory.

The Old Gods love to sow chaos. Imo the people instantly claiming its Anduin are wrong. And even if it is actually Anduin I'm sure the prophecy is twisted so that what it appears to be is completely different than the truth. Like for example serving at the master's table would make you assume the person is a servant of the void but could also mean like in social hierarchy where the Light and Void being the 2 basic/fundamental forces would set them apart from the other forces and so as a servant of the light Anduin would most certainly be serving at the master's table even though he doesn't actually serve the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You read too much into this stuff.

Remember the hour of her 3rd death? People kept trying to tag Alleria or Sylvanas or Azshara or Azeroth to it, but none ever fit.
    You see, Blizzard does these on purpose to get you talking. They don't refer to anything in particular. They just try to add something further on to keep you talking.

The boy king can be anything. You are used to being said about Anduin, but that doesn't mean it is.
    Honestly this times a thousand. I feel like Blizzard is content to just write up things that will get people talking and making theories without ever actually thinking things through. Or they did think things through but ended up changing them at the last minute.

Remember Helya's deal with Sylvanas? We ever, uh, going to see that play out?

What's also crazy to me though is the "original Shadowlands leak" that happened. The one that said something like Sylvanas has a big ole battle where everybody including herself is killed and we all wake up in the Shadowlands (afterlife) learning that it was a plot to stop the Old Gods from corrupting the Shadowlands which was part of her deal with Helya since Helya is/was a Valkyr and would have direct ties to the Shadowlands because of this AND COULD SEE N'ZOTH CREEPING IN.

I honestly think that this was at one point the legitimate story for the expansion but Blizzard scrapped it mid Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It just crossed my mind - what if "boy king" refers to Bolvar rather than Anduin? Just few thoughts (there are not connected and every one is a stretch):

1. Bolvar is Lich King less than 5 years (every expac last around 1 year if I'm correct), so like "boy" unexperienced.

2. He was regent of Anduin while Varian was missing and Anduin was underaged.

3. Compared to Jailer, Lich King truly feels like mini version of him, "boy king", just like some local demon army compared to Sargeras and Burning Legion.

I'm not speaking it's true, but anyone tried to search for "lies" with this key?
    Interesting thought. You are correct that we don't know for sure that Anduin is the "boy king", though Blizz has been tripping all over itself to try to push that nickname onto him during the story. Bolvar really didn't have a long tenure as the Lich King to be sure and the Lich King is somewhat a mini version of the Jailer, especially given that Bolvar once called himself the "jailer of the damned." That being said, I narratively have a hard time associating "boy king" with Bolvar in part due to his age as well as his previous regent experience. I'd much sooner associate that title with someone like Anduin or Moira's son than I would Bolvar. And given how hard Blizz has tried to pin down Anduin as a "boy king", I feel they've already decided that will be his title.