10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    giving us a letality of 15.94%.
    So with your optimistic numbers, the virus is about as deadly as playing a round of Russian Roulette.

I'll avoid doing either TYVM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Most of the decisions by the democrats and other leaders are/were not done out of fear.
    I’ve never claimed anything of the sorts. I’m saying that both parties use the same tool differently (i.e. inciting fear or the lack thereof) and the Democrats are picking the more sensible option out of the two. If you’re saying Republicans mismanaged the pandemic you’re preaching to the choir, duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So with your optimistic numbers, the virus is about as deadly as playing a round of Russian Roulette.
    Hate to break it to you but at 90+, virtually any infection, viral or not, is.
    Most people are severely weakened at that stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are now illegall imigrants trying to cross borders again oh and guess what --- they got the virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There are now illegall imigrants trying to cross borders again oh and guess what --- they got the virus.
    How do we know they got the Virus? What's your source anyway?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    How would you know they don't?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Statistically they are more likely to catch it than spread it if they go from mexico to the USA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I don't know, do you? I didn't claim either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Use gogle translate:
    https://siol.net/novice/svet/na-reki...virusom-533712

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You sure jumped at that bone from out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I'm at work, how about you give me a verified (english) source, instead of a cryptic link I can't verify if it's safe or legit.
    Or at least an excerpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Has anyone come up with or stated what they think happens the second time you get it? Or how long once you've had it till you could get it again if at all?
    No pattern. Serious or mild symptoms. As little as 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Not to surprising after a summer of this its getting harder to ignore than until the plague is controlled the economy is going continue to be heavily impacted. They are intertwined and trying to focus on one without the other is not tenable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    No pattern. Serious or mild symptoms. As little as 2 months.
    Possibly, but everyone who tries to give more information seems to link to a non-existent pre-print https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3681489 instead of https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3680955

However as the paper indicates, saying that people can be re-infected could just mean that some don't get long-term immunity, but it could still be that 99.9% or more get long-term immunity. It could also mean that no-one gets long-term immunity - but it seems unlikely.

If people don't get long-term immunity after an infection it likely also means that vaccines will have the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Possibly, but everyone who tries to give more information seems to link to a non-existent pre-print https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3681489 instead of https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3680955

However as the paper indicates, saying that people can be re-infected could just mean that some don't get long-term immunity, but it could still be that 99.9% or more get long-term immunity. It could also mean that no-one gets long-term immunity - but it seems unlikely.

If people don't get long-term immunity after an infection it likely also means that vaccines will have the same problems.
    It's also worth noting that if re-infection was common, we would see a lot more cases of it. There were always bound to be some people who's body just didn't develop lasting immunity. As long as the numbers are extremely small (as they are now) re-infection likely says more about the person's body than it does about the virus itself.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...at-cost-public

German group did some analysis on the Sturges Motorcycle Rally.

Using an average estimate of $46K spent per positive covid-19 case (many may cost little to nothing, but some may rack up massive bills well over a million) and using cell phone data from non-locals and other data, they pegged the cost to public health systems around $12.2 dollars. That's with 1 dead and 260 cases spread across 11 states so far. As time goes on we're seeing more cases as predicted, and much like the stupid Maine wedding we'll likely be seeing cases from secondary or tertiary contacts who probably have never even been to Sturges before.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I’ve never claimed anything of the sorts. I’m saying that both parties use the same tool differently (i.e. inciting fear or the lack thereof) and the Democrats are picking the more sensible option out of the two. If you’re saying Republicans mismanaged the pandemic you’re preaching to the choir, duh.
    again I was specifically responding to ghostpanthers statement, not yours or anything in general.

in general politics i agreed with you.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Using an average estimate of $46K spent per positive covid-19 case (many may cost little to nothing, but some may rack up massive bills well over a million) and using cell phone data from non-locals and other data, they pegged the cost to public health systems around $12.2 dollars.
    You mean $12.2 billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Using an average estimate of $46K spent per positive covid-19 case (many may cost little to nothing, but some may rack up massive bills well over a million) and using cell phone data from non-locals and other data, they pegged the cost to public health systems around $12.2 dollars. That's with 1 dead and 260 cases spread across 11 states so far. As time goes on we're seeing more cases as predicted, and much like the stupid Maine wedding we'll likely be seeing cases from secondary or tertiary contacts who probably have never even been to Sturges before.

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally linked to 20% of US coronavirus cases in August

Nineteen percent of the 1.4 million new coronavirus cases in the U.S. between Aug. 2 and Sept. 2 can be traced back to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally held in South Dakota, according to researchers from San Diego State University's Center for Health Economics & Policy Studies.

That's more than 266,000 coronavirus cases attributed to the 10-day event, which more than 460,000 people attended despite fears it could become a so-called super-spreader event.

"We conclude that the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally generated public health costs of approximately $12.2 billion," the researchers wrote in a paper. "This is enough to have paid each of the estimated 462,182 rally attendees $26,553.64 not to attend."

Freedoooom!