Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Nintendo is easily the least consumer friendly of the 3 console manufacturers. They overprice their games when compared to others in the industry, they don't offer DLC separately as you have to buy the full season pass, and they remove games off old console's eshops when they announce new ports of those games. The only thing Nintendo does well is make games and I would argue that Sony does that just as well. This limited time shit is proof of this and I'm glad people are starting to call them out on their bullshit.
    Just to point this out, they did readd Pikmin 3 to the Wii U shop.

Off the top of my head though, the only season passes I can think of that you can't buy separately but might want to is Pokemon and Breath of the Wild. Smash Ultimate you can buy every DLC character individually if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Breath of the Wild.
    Could have swore you can pick what DLC to buy with BOTW but I could be wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Just to point this out, they did readd Pikmin 3 to the Wii U shop.

Off the top of my head though, the only season passes I can think of that you can't buy separately but might want to is Pokemon and Breath of the Wild. Smash Ultimate you can buy every DLC character individually if you want.
    Xenoblade 2 and Three Houses where both all or nothing. So in actuality Smash is the exception, not the rule here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Breath of the Wild:

Surprise prequel drop, release November 20, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Speaking of Breath of the Wild:

Surprise prequel drop, release November 20, 2020
    Well, thank goodness they are using BoTW art style so the game looks decent and not like the low budget trash of the original HR. Persona 5 Scramble was actually way better then it had any right to be so I'll wait to judge this one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    that video appeared on my YouTube recommendations, saw the picture before reading the title and was excited for afew seconds.
    Too bad I ain’t really interested in the warrior type of games Of mindless slaughtering minions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Compared to rest of AAA industry Nintendo doesn't work their employees to death or have crunch working an average of less then 8 hours a day... So yea I guess you could call them lazy...

What a terrible take from a person that sounds entitled beyond belief.
    Who says anything about forcing employees to be worked to death? Kinda ironic since we are talking about a Japanese Company here.

Nintendo is literally swimming in cash right now, so creating a budget for some HD Remasters isn't really asking for a lot. You are welcome to keep Nintendo to the lower standard if you wish. Fanaticism creates a lazy and lets do the bare minimum because profit Nintendo.

My expectations for MP Trilogy just tanked. I guess Ill stick with emulators.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Kinda ironic since we are talking about a Japanese Company here.
    https://www.businessinsider.in/ninte...their%20day%20

Are you trying to imply Nintendo has some stereotypical Japanese work culture? If so get educated. You're welcome for the link.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    As he says. Asset flip.

The only original game coming this year is bravely default II and still no date.
    I mean, there is Pokemon Snap, if you are into that kind of thing

TBF, I probably would get Pokemon Snap if it's not a $60 game, but knowing Nintendo it probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Could have swore you can pick what DLC to buy with BOTW but I could be wrong.
    The website itself says the pack can't be bought individually, I thought you could too but it doesn't seem that way.

Xenoblade 2 and Three Houses where both all or nothing. So in actuality Smash is the exception, not the rule here.
    Xenoblade 2's DLC was literally sold as a standalone game too, it's pretty clear what they consider that to be the DLC itself. Everything else is more just cushion to the "pass". Not really stuff to be sold alone. Which is the same issue a lot of Nintendo DLC falls into, outside of Pokemon/BotW. It's the same with Three Houses, a vast majority of it is cosmetic fluff, and then the actual DLC, Ashen Wolves house.

Which can be taken as "WHY CAN'T I BUY IT ALONE IF I WANT TO!" but in reality, it's just complained about when companies also try to sell $5 cosmetic bundles. So again, I only really count BotW in that regards because it was actually two pretty big events, same with Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The fact they never even showed the survey results this time and the lukewarm reception to the demos changes to things like the art style and the battle backgrounds makes me think its gone a lot further back to the drawing board than Octopath did. Which to be fair i like a lot of what Octopath did but its still deeply flawed and generally kind of mediocre and i would rather them take time on a new Bravely game rather than fart it out like that 3rd Golden Sun game or something.
    The hell is this speculation lol.

It entered the final stages of development back in June https://www.dualshockers.com/bravely...most-complete/ it didn't go "back to the drawing board".

- - - Updated - - -

The website itself says the pack can't be bought individually, I thought you could too but it doesn't seem that way.

Xenoblade 2's DLC was literally sold as a standalone game too, it's pretty clear what they consider that to be the DLC itself. Everything else is more just cushion to the "pass". Not really stuff to be sold alone. Which is the same issue a lot of Nintendo DLC falls into, outside of Pokemon/BotW. It's the same with Three Houses, a vast majority of it is cosmetic fluff, and then the actual DLC, Ashen Wolves house.

Which can be taken as "WHY CAN'T I BUY IT ALONE IF I WANT TO!" but in reality, it's just complained about when companies also try to sell $5 cosmetic bundles. So again, I only really count BotW in that regards because it was actually two pretty big events, same with Pokemon.
    Xenoblade 2 DLC was more then just Torna, and they made you buy everything even if you only wanted Torna. That is the point. Not sure what the hell you're trying to argue lmao. Same with Fire Emblem you can't just buy Cindered Shadows you have to buy the entire package which includes a bunch of worthless ass copy paste missions and a shitty character like Anna that only die hards would buy given the choice.

Some new My Nintendo physical rewards for Xenoblade Chronicles and Splatoon. (Note: Seems to be US only.) Xenoblade Phone Ring, Xenoblade Stickers, and Splatoon Postcards. They're "free" with the platinum points, however, shipping is $5, so not really. You can order them altogether so you don't have pay 10 or 15 dollars though.
    Last edited by Paetolus; 2020-09-08 at 11:23 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Could you be a little more vague?
    If you know what you're doing, you can run Mario 64 on Switch natively.

Actual proof of this

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that only a small handful of Switch consoles can currently be soft modded to run that sort of stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Boy i cant wait for botw dancing moon fall, botw champion battle, botw royalty and the botw anime

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    As he says. Asset flip.

The only original game coming this year is bravely default II and still no date.
    Yeah, I'm getting annoyed by the lack of a Bravely Default 2 release date. They did a beta thing a few months ago but no release date having been confirmed is a bit concerning. It was one of the games I was looking forward to this fall. I guess I'll get Super Mario 3D All Stars and Pikmin 3 Deluxe. I still need to pickup Luigi's Mansion 3.

Xenoblade 2 DLC was more then just Torna, and they made you buy everything even if you only wanted Torna. That is the point. Not sure what the hell you're trying to argue lmao. Same with Fire Emblem you can't just buy Cindered Shadows you have to buy the entire package which includes a bunch of worthless ass copy paste missions and a shitty character like Anna that only die hards would buy given the choice.
    It isn't exactly vague, I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

The draw of buying the DLCs was Torna/Cindered Shadows. Everything else was just the cherry on top, and I highly doubt it was factored into the DLC pricing, aside from maybe $5. Which isn't really a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't exactly vague, I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

The draw of buying the DLCs was Torna/Cindered Shadows. Everything else was just the cherry on top, and I highly doubt it was factored into the DLC pricing, aside from maybe $5. Which isn't really a point.
    Torna was more of a expansion than DLC at least. Same for xenoblade remake, but on much smaller scale.

I highly doubt it was factored into the DLC pricing
    Yea sure thing, but seeing as they where all advertised as different DLCs within the pack we all know this is wrong and you're just trying to save face from being wrong. You named one Nintendo game that didn't force you to buy all the DLC and claimed it was the trend when Smash is literally the only one lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I bought it and i still like it except the new intro singer. I dont know what people were expecting when its a remaster, not a remake
    It's the same singer, just re-recorded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    its a mousou. You are getting a rushed out assett flip probably to fill a very dry period and allow them to skirt around the obvious delay of breath of the wilds sequel without saying its delayed as people get distracted. Aka every musou thats not gundam or dynasty warriors business as usual.
    P5S says hi.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!