Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yes there is, you aren't allowed to be a vigilante. It is one thing to happen upon a crime and acting to help, but it is another to illegally arm yourself and drive in from out of state and patrol as if you're the law.

Self defense laws are for the innocent bystander, not for the vigilante. I know you guys get all a twitter thinking about dirty harry wannabes blasting libtards until women are scared to vote and black people get back in their sheds, but people aren't allowed to run around as Captain Incel shooting people. That's the police's job....for now.

He wasn't acting in self defense no more than anyone who walks up to Mike Tyson and punches him in the face then screams self defense when he whoops your ass and you want to shoot him.
    You truly do not understand the words vigilante, or aggressor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Obviously, the shooter did scream “it’s coming right for me” as he shot 3 people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Where were all these legal experts from the Right when George Floyd or Breonna Taylor or Trayvon Martin or Elijah McClain were murdered?

They all want to defend some punk with an AR15 goes on a shooting spree in 'self defence' (NOT) but can't muster even a shred of decency when innocent people have their lives taken away from them. Absolute hypocrites.

lol. Sure.

The guy walking around with an AR-15 who was there to put himself in harm's way to "protect property" is neither the aggressor nor a vigilante....

Right. Again, please volunteer to be this idiots lawyer.

Please.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was the teacher who lunged at the school shooter a couple of years ago, shot in self defense? It’s pretty obvious the teacher would use the gun on him, if he got it.
    Who did Rittenhouse shoot at before Rosenbaum chased him down the street?

If that's the standard then Kyle murdered the second guy and attempted to murder the third....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    The first person he shot or the second two? How did the teacher know the guy entering his class shot anyone? Why didn’t he think it was just a good guy with a gun, like the guy you are defending? The shooter acted in self defense, just like the guy you are defending... he lunged at a guy with a gun, who feared for his safety and shot him.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

lol. Sure.

The guy walking around with an AR-15 who was there to put himself in harm's way to "protect property" is neither the aggressor nor a vigilante....

Right. Again, please volunteer to be this idiots lawyer.

Please.
    Under current Wisconsin laws? No. As lawyers have already commented on.

10+ Year Old Account
    His lawyer? Has the persecutor?

The first person he shot or the second two? How did the teacher know the guy entering his class shot anyone? Why didn’t he think it was just a good guy with a gun, like the guy you are defending? The shooter acted in self defense, just like the guy you are defending... he lunged at a guy with a gun, who feared for his safety and shot him.
    Rosenbaum is the first person who was shot.

It seems you're of the belief that if I see a person carrying a gun, I should be allowed to chase them down the street and take it from them for.....reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Where were all these legal experts from the Right when George Floyd or Breonna Taylor or Trayvon Martin or Elijah McClain were murdered?

They all want to defend some punk with an AR15 goes on a shooting spree in 'self defence' (NOT) but can't muster even a shred of decency when innocent people have their lives taken away from them. Absolute hypocrites.
    So exactly how many people would it take before you decided to eat your fucking words?
    I can link you plenty of "fuck the police" in the george floyd thread from myself specifically. So there's one.

7+ Year Old Account

It seems you're of the belief that if I see a person carrying a gun, I should be allowed to chase them down the street and take it from them for.....reasons.
    If he’s aiming at people like the two quoted witnesses, yes. He’s a danger.

If that's the standard then Kyle murdered the second guy and attempted to murder the third....
    That's not how it works. You're not very good with facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Which I'll only accept a verdict from a court, not some armchair lawyer who thinks he has it pegged properly. Your reasoning is fucking stupid with huge leaps as to why he forfeited self defense. Short of something written on his wall like "time to go pwn some libs!" you can't prove what you think, ergo it's pointless.
    Amazing, I'm totally not surprised I called this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Watch, the next argument will be to the effect of "well what you say doesn't matter because no jury will convict Lil Y'all Qaeda" - because it always, always comes down to a thoughtless defense of the status quo without bothering to consider if juries and the judicial system itself are also broken.

And then it just further flies off into "well I simply can't believe that the entire system could be racist" territory as if colonialism wasn't a thing. Lul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was also the only one with a visible gun, when someone else shot in the air. The teacher, also didn’t know that the murderer killed anyone. The murderer you are defending, then shot 2 more people, killing one.

No, because if you see someone with an AR 15, I would expect you to call the cops. If the cops don’t do anything and this kid is still walking around with the gun at night, depends how threatened you feel to need to defend your self.

Yeah that's not true and has been debunked a 100 fucking times in this thread so now you're just a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how it works. You're not very good with facts.

I'm not the one saying that's how it works, you were the one implying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Amazing, I'm totally not surprised I called this.
    What exactly is in question here? There are two sides to something: Law and my personal feels. I can tell you what my personal feels are, and I've already condemned the fucking kid in question as an asshat. However, that's not relevant to the current discourse of this thread. So, if you think I actually condone what the kid did versus support it from a stance of "what he did doesn't fit the definition of the law of self defense" kindly fuck off.

I'm saying I doubt the kid does time for murder because it seems perfectly in line with self defense. Other scrubs in here are letting their personal feels get in the way.

What exactly is in question here? There are two sides to something: Law and my personal feels. I can tell you what my personal feels are, and I've already condemned the fucking kid in question as an asshat. However, that's not relevant to the current discourse of this thread. So, if you think I actually condone what the kid did versus support it from a stance of "what he did doesn't fit the definition of the law of self defense" kindly fuck off.

I'm saying I doubt the kid does time for murder because it seems perfectly in line with self defense. Other scrubs in here are letting their personal feels get in the way.
    It doesn't fit with the law, that's why we all think you're biased. It only fits with your feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question remains tied to the reason no one buys any right wing tears shed over instances of police misconduct - that being they continue to insist it is a chain of isolated incidents and not, you know, a trend that is reflective of a fundamentally unjust system.

That or they just talk in circles dancing around the fact they believe X demographic is inherently more lawless or criminal due to """culture""".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, because if you see someone with an AR 15, I would expect you to call the cops. If the cops don’t do anything and this kid is still walking around with the gun at night, depends how threatened you feel to need to defend your self.
    Oh so you're willing to make an exception that someone just being visible with a gun in an open carry state means someone can fear enough to need to "self defend" while not acknowledging someone being actively chased can't feel that fear? Hypocrite. 100%. Guns don't make me nervous at all, because I'm not a bitch. If you think seeing someone walk around in an open carry state with an AR is "zomg so fear inducing" you're weak.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-09-08 at 08:19 PM.