Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    the same people who need more than a tb are gona be smart enough to have a external drive. Iv had a 4+tb external since almost the launch of the xbox one and never had to worry about space. I thought the whining about onboard space was dead with the ability to do this, i guess some are just to lazy to go that route. They want multiple TB storage but dont realize that ups the price a great deal. with 1tb wd blues being around 100$ the higher the storage the higher the price.
    That's part of the whole thing with the Velocity architecture..

You're going to have to buy ssds in a hot swappable form factor...
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-09-08 at 07:48 PM.

the same people who need more than a tb are gona be smart enough to have a external drive. Iv had a 4+tb external since almost the launch of the xbox one and never had to worry about space. I thought the whining about onboard space was dead with the ability to do this, i guess some are just to lazy to go that route. They want multiple TB storage but dont realize that ups the price a great deal. with 1tb wd blues being around 100$ the higher the storage the higher the price.
    You can't run next gen games off your shitty external drives, have to move the game to the storage meant for the system which in the case of most external drives could take longer then downloading the game in the first place.

I gamed digital only on my PC with a 500 gig SSD and nothing else for years without issue. Its not like I'm regularly playing any one of 10 games at a moments notice. I just swapped what was installed around as I was playing something new and removed things when I was done with them. Its really not difficult to get by with that much space, especially on a machine that is purely dedicated to gaming.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can't run next gen games off your shitty external drives, have to move the game to the storage meant for the system which in the case of most external drives could take longer then downloading the game in the first place.
    Move downloaded games to the external when your done playing them. Once you wanna swap to playing them just transfer the game. It avoids people bitching about data caps and slow net. As long as you dont have a trash drive and trash enclosure im more than sure it will be faster than downloading. regardless your not gona get giant storage options without a massive price hike in wich yall would bitch nonstop about anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's part of the whole thing with the Velocity architecture..

You're going to have to buy ssds in a hot swappable form factor...
    If you wanna play off the external. Ill just swap whats on the internal. As for old games ill be able to play all my xbox one games off the external, and i wont have the download again. Ill take my 5tb external from my one x, plug it into the series x and play directly from there.

Move downloaded games to the external when your done playing them. Once you wanna swap to playing them just transfer the game. It avoids people bitching about data caps and slow net. As long as you dont have a trash drive and trash enclosure im more than sure it will be faster than downloading. regardless your not gona get giant storage options without a massive price hike in wich yall would bitch nonstop about anyways.
    lol on my connection there is no way in hell an external HDD is going to transfer a game faster. It would be a complete waste. I'll use the internet I pay for instead of some shitty external drive to transfer games when/if it comes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol on my connection there is no way in hell an external HDD is going to transfer a game faster. It would be a complete waste. I'll use the internet I pay for instead of some shitty external drive to transfer games when/if it comes to it.
    I guess we can let everyone with data caps and not gigabit internet know its all good cus tech said thier net can handle it over a shity usb 3.0 transfer speed.

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna play off the external. Ill just swap whats on the internal. As for old games ill be able to play all my xbox one games off the external, and i wont have the download again. Ill take my 5tb external from my one x, plug it into the series x and play directly from there.
    You can't do that with the Series S/X. The drive is not easily accessible.

There's literally an expansion slot in the back of the device.

New "next-get" consoles sound a bit dull and crappy when I'm looking at Nvidia RTX 3000 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    New "next-get" consoles sound a bit dull and crappy when I'm looking at Nvidia RTX 3000 series.
    PC Hardware isn't equivalent to console hardware.

While RTX IO exists (this used to be called NVCache), its not going to hold a candle to what dedicated storage controllers can do.

A $300/$500 console is still going to get you a lot more bang for your buck than a PC is going to from a pure value perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You can't do that with the Series S/X. The drive is not easily accessible.

There's literally an expansion slot in the back of the device.
    I never said swap out the internal, i said swap whats on the internal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    cool, have fun spending 2-4x the price for the same performance.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact a stupid zelda warriors game pushed series s out of trending is all that needs to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The fact a stupid zelda warriors game pushed series s out of trending is all that needs to be said
    Imagine a Koei Tecmo game trending over your next gen console price and release date.

Microsoft is truly fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony execs are like, "Shit, they are only charging $300 and $500??!?!?!"

Im still getting a Playstaton but you know Sony is scrambling right now.

Man we live in a world where the most expensive piece of hardware are friggin smartphones that barely last 2 years before their batteries start to crap out.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Man we live in a world where the most expensive piece of hardware are friggin smartphones that barely last 2 years before their batteries start to crap out.
    did Sony give a price for the PS5?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope the trend of monthly payments on consoles continues. I would gladly pay $35 month for 24 months. It even includes gamepass I believe.

Do you know if it has USB slots? And if so, will it be able to support the external drives from the Xbox One?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    did Sony give a price for the PS5?
    Nope. Just a joke a joke that both companies were waiting for the other to release their prices first.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I gamed digital only on my PC with a 500 gig SSD and nothing else for years without issue. Its not like I'm regularly playing any one of 10 games at a moments notice. I just swapped what was installed around as I was playing something new and removed things when I was done with them. Its really not difficult to get by with that much space, especially on a machine that is purely dedicated to gaming.
    This is how I did it. It wasn't until Call of Duty with 200+ gigs did it ever become an issue.

If the leaked priced though GameStop is true a 1TB SSD upgrade from Seagate will cost $229.

FUCKEN LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Has it been confirmed that the price for the X is 500. I've only seen Microsoft confirm the price of the S.