Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post
    Did you read the text?

Assuming what is said in Ogmot's journal is true, Anduin isn't actually bound by the throne.

What does it mean to be bound to the throne? He has a duty to be the king of Stormwind because of his heritage. If he wasn't really Varian's son, then that would free him of his duty.

Of course there is nothing saying he is the son of Arthas. Please read properly. I don't want to waste my time with nonsense responses.
    very possible Anduin's first lie was about Bolvar being dead
    Bolvar not being bound by the throne

just because people point out holes in a generic theory doesnt mean you get to talk about their reading comprehension when yours seems to be lacking

he is the heir to the throne
    he is Varian's kid
    his connection to Arthas is nothing more than a story parallel

this is confirmed by Varian himself and the fact he appeared to Anduin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Honestly this times a thousand. I feel like Blizzard is content to just write up things that will get people talking and making theories without ever actually thinking things through. Or they did think things through but ended up changing them at the last minute.

Remember Helya's deal with Sylvanas? We ever, uh, going to see that play out?

What's also crazy to me though is the "original Shadowlands leak" that happened. The one that said something like Sylvanas has a big ole battle where everybody including herself is killed and we all wake up in the Shadowlands (afterlife) learning that it was a plot to stop the Old Gods from corrupting the Shadowlands which was part of her deal with Helya since Helya is/was a Valkyr and would have direct ties to the Shadowlands because of this AND COULD SEE N'ZOTH CREEPING IN.

I honestly think that this was at one point the legitimate story for the expansion but Blizzard scrapped it mid Legion.
    no because that leak came with fake pics

anduin is the boy king

the third death was Azeroth
    it was the third great apocalyptic event

sylvanas and helya made a deal for sylvanas to gain the power of the valkyr to serve death with the soul cage but the cage was broken.

the three lies
    1. sargeras is gone
    2. the war will be gone??
    3. the lich king is dead??

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No. There is no indication whatsoever that Arthas and Jaina ever had a son. This theory is completely baseless.

Are you not able to read? THE THEORY IS THAT THEY HAD A SON. It's a tangible theory based on the CONFIRMED relationship between Arthas and Jaina and the fact that Arthas was visiting Stormwind around the time of Anduin's "birth".

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-09 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I don't think it can even be Bolvar. It wasn't a lie that Bolvar was bound by the throne. It's not talking about being freed from a throne, but never being bound at all, only pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Are you not able to read? THE THEORY IS THAT THEY HAD A SON. It's a tangible theory based on the CONFIRMED relationship between Arthas and Jaina and the fact that Arthas was visiting Stormwind around the time of Anduin's "birth".
    What is the basis upon which this theory is built? Is there any indication in any lore material that Arthas and Jaina ever had a sexual affair in secret? No? Then the theory is competely baseless.

Two young adults having a romantic affair does not mean they will have a child.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-09 at 08:30 AM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

What is the basis upon which this theory is built? Is there any indication in any lore material that Arthas and Jaina ever had a sexual affair in secret? No? Then the theory is competely baseless.

Two young adults having a romantic affair does not mean they will have a child.
    I mean in the "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" novel we have confirmation that Jaina & Arthas slept together (at least) twice, the first at the Hallows End festival a few years before the events of WC3 and again literally the night before Stratholme. However, the first time they sleep together (which is confirmed as their actual first time) is chronologically after Anduin was born. So, no dice.

Also narratively I don't get the point of Anduin actually being Arthas & Jaina's lovechild. You'd at least think Jaina might have mentioned it in her internal monologue. And really what would it add? Most of Anduin's character is about him feeling unable/unwilling to live up to his father's legacy, would be a bit pointless to make that legacy a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Malira View Post
    I mean in the "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" novel we have confirmation that Jaina & Arthas slept together (at least) twice, the first at the Hallows End festival a few years before the events of WC3 and again literally the night before Stratholme. However, the first time they sleep together (which is confirmed as their actual first time) is chronologically after Anduin was born. So, no dice.

Also narratively I don't get the point of Anduin actually being Arthas & Jaina's lovechild. You'd at least think Jaina might have mentioned it in her internal monologue. And really what would it add? Most of Anduin's character is about him feeling unable/unwilling to live up to his father's legacy, would be a bit pointless to make that legacy a lie.
    Anduin was already born by the time of the Culling of Stratholme. The theory remains baseless. Just because these two supposedly slept together once doesn't mean that A) They had a son B) That son was Anduin. This is reaching at its finest, the common denominator of all baseless theories.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-09 at 09:13 AM.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Anduin was already born by the time of the Culling of Stratholme. The theory remains baseless. Just because these two supposedly slept together once doesn't mean that A) They had a son B) That son was Anduin. This is reaching at its finest, the common denominator of all baseless theories.
    Just noting that I am in fact agreeing with you. The chronology doesn't line up for Anduin to be Arthas & Jaina's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Malira View Post
    Just noting that I am in fact agreeing with you. The chronology doesn't line up for Anduin to be Arthas & Jaina's kid.
    Yeah, I was referring to the people who came up with that theory.

This discussion is devolving into bad fan fiction, and I read some very bad fan fiction. Given that wow canon is already bad to begin with.

This is also why i always roll my eyes when fiction involves prophecy, because if the writer has a change of plans it leads to "what i said is true from a certain point of view".
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-09-09 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I can't spell

The simplest solution is often the most likely one.

The boy-king sits at the master's table. Anduin, whose been directly referred to as boy-king on multiple occasions, has dabbled more than once in void magic when he deems it necessary.

Three lies will he offer you. Three lies, and the first one has been told. Meaning that the first lie was something that was said or had occurred during Legion, prior to Sargeras' defeat, but not prior to the Il'gynoth encounter. Presume this lie had something to do with Anduin. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that Anduin said or did with the intention of lying, just something that ultimately amounted to some kind of falsehood, involving a throne he is free from. His throne? At the end of his questline in Legion when he went to the Broken Shore, Anduin was told by an echo of Varian that he needed to do "what a King must do," which ultimately strengthened Anduin's resolve, and pulled him out of his mourning to set him on the path to becoming a stronger and more committed person, and a better ruler. I think this was the first lie.

At the time, and all throughout the rest of Legion and the entirety of BFA, Anduin has steeled his nerves and begun acting like the king that Stormwind needs. Or has he? He certainly might believe so, or that's what he's telling himself. But I believe that being "bound to that throne" is Anduin truly believing that he's on a righteous, kingly path. And he might've been at firstBut by the end of Shadows Rising, in which we see Anduin justifying the use of the Light as a torture device, and attempting to use void(?) magic himself to assault Sira Moonwarden's mind, it's clear to see that Anduin's heart might be free from that kingly path. That's what I think it means for Anduin to be "bound" and "free" from "that throne". By now, he believes that his crueler actions are "what a King must do." That's the lie. That's what I think the lie is anyway.

The second lie could very well be Anduin deceiving Taelia about her father. That definitely was a lie that had to do with Anduin in BFA, and unlike the first lie, this one was told with the full intent of deceiving Taelia. Maybe that's what Ogmot meant when he said that maybe we'll see this one. And maybe the third lie will be something that's told during Shadowlands when we find Anduin again, in whatever state he's in after spending as much time as he did in the Maw.

Of course, the entire thing could very well be nonsense and bullshit that Blizzard doesn't actually have plans for. That's likely. Still, it's fun to think about anyway.

Also, the idea that Anduin is a Menethil is a bit silly. While it's certainly possible that Blizzard could go in that direction and do whatever the fuck they want with their lore to make it happen, I just have my doubts. There are ways that storylines like that can work. I don't think that this is set up to be one of those ways.